TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Do you LOVE your vehicle? <<<
Do you LOVE your vehicle?
This poll is closed.
Yes! (but not in a physical way) 81 65.32%
No, my vehicle sucks, but I could love a different vehicle 11 8.87%
No, vehicles are strictly for getting from point A to point B 28 22.58%
I don't have a vehicle, but I still want to vote in your crappy poll. 4 3.23%
Total: 124 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (4): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
unixadm is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

I've had my car for 1 year to the day!

Purchased on June 24th 2003.

I still love it....it is SO much fun to drive. 260 Horsepower, comfortable and sleek. What is not to love?

My friend has the same car. I am the one with the spoiler.

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.
If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kiljoy is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiljoy Find more posts by kiljoy Add kiljoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiljoy
Alone in the dark

I love my 2001 Crystal Blue Mazda Miata. Eats hairpin curves for breakfast.

Tony

-Lionel Hutz

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

quote:
Originally posted by unixadm
My friend has the same car. I am the one with the spoiler.

<spoiler deleted>

Hey! If you're going to post spoilers, use the SPOILER tags! Jeesh!

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timckelley is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for timckelley Find more posts by timckelley Add timckelley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timckelley
No Friends Have TiVo

We need some pics of pickups!

Signal source: Time Warner analog cable, no box

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

quote:
Originally posted by sWampy
I hate the people who love their cars so much that they take up 2 or 3 parking places where they won't get a ding in the door. Get a blanking life, if you can't afford to have your doors scratched, you can't afford to drive that car.

Do that in New York and your car gets towed.

I hate people who are selfish like that too.

I also hate the morons who fling the doors open in their old beaters.

Come to think of it, I hate the owners of those lots who make the parking spaces so small you have to squeeze out of the car to get out.

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

Oh YES! I LOVE my car!!

Powerful, nimble, refined... 2004 Accord

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

genearch is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for genearch Find more posts by genearch Add genearch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
genearch
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
I hate the people who love their cars so much that they take up 2 or 3 parking places where they won't get a ding in the door. Get a blanking life, if you can't afford to have your doors scratched, you can't afford to drive that car.

Missed this one...

If you take 2-3 spots, you are asking for trouble. I'm careful with my daily driver, but it still will get dinged on occasion. Fortunately none of them have damaged the paint, so my local detail guy handles the dings for a fair price. I've had my SC430 for a couple years and it's 100% ding free, the same can be said for my last 4-5 "not-so-daily drivers". It's all about pickung your spots and being careful.

Why does everything come down to "afford" with you? Seems to be a theme in many of your posts. It's a matter of being careful as possible. Nobody wants their car scratched or dinged, regardless of the price of repairs.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scooter is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scooter Find more posts by Scooter Add Scooter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scooter

Arrow

I didn't vote.

I love my '95 Rx-7 (toy car), but miss a ragtop. I'm considering a 350z or Honda 2000 convertible for my next fun car.

I enjoy our 2000 Sebring convertible. Yeah, it's a convertible, but no sports car. It does work very well as a daily driver and has plenty of space for a ragtop.

I like my '02 Ford Windstar minivan for comfort and utility reasons which is my daily driver. I'd sure like a van with all the seats that fold flat now though.

Scooter

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blips is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blips Find more posts by blips Add blips to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blips
Advanced Member

quote:

I used to feel the same way as you until I walk past my wife's car everyday in the garage and there are 6 dents all along the side of her car on the passenger side. They are all at the same level were someone opened their door into the side of her car. Now I know why people park that way.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

phxbruzer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phxbruzer Visit phxbruzer's homepage! Find more posts by phxbruzer Add phxbruzer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phxbruzer
Viva La TiVo!!!

Yes I do:

The rest of the photos are here

Even a Broken clock is right twice a day!

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blips is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blips Find more posts by blips Add blips to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blips
Advanced Member

I will be getting this one back in a month or so. But I definitely do love it:

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hoffer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hoffer Find more posts by Hoffer Add Hoffer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoffer
Hey Now!!!

I got a 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer on March 1st. Went from a 2000 Explorer EB. I love my new truck!!

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoGeezer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoGeezer Visit TivoGeezer's homepage! Find more posts by TivoGeezer Add TivoGeezer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoGeezer
Happy Geezer Year!

Hm, no neutral choice in the poll. I don't love my vehicle (1995 Ford Windstar) but I don't hate it. I tolerate it. It gets me from A to B and hauls stuff when I need to. I would love to have a vehicle I could love and perhaps I will again (no new vehicle for me since 1991).

One person's "quality TV" is another's "there's nothing on".

PM me your current email address for a Gmail invite.
Happy Tivo Owner since October, 2000
"I'm a sig-fodder whore." - scottjf8
"I'm a lazy asshat!" - montag
"For a small fee- I will be your own personal snipe" - scubagal
Don't be misled
Please don't ask about FSI or dual tuner SA TiVo!

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoGeezer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoGeezer Visit TivoGeezer's homepage! Find more posts by TivoGeezer Add TivoGeezer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoGeezer
Happy Geezer Year!

quote:
Originally posted by blips
I will be getting this one back in a month or so. But I definitely do love it:

What? The kid took it out for a spin and is not back yet?

One person's "quality TV" is another's "there's nothing on".

PM me your current email address for a Gmail invite.
Happy Tivo Owner since October, 2000
"I'm a sig-fodder whore." - scottjf8
"I'm a lazy asshat!" - montag
"For a small fee- I will be your own personal snipe" - scubagal
Don't be misled
Please don't ask about FSI or dual tuner SA TiVo!

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

murkul is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for murkul Find more posts by murkul Add murkul to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murkul

Thumbs up Yes, I LOVE my 330Ci

I picked her up in Germany (Euro Delivery) - 2001, Topaz Blue, Black Leather, PP, SP, CWP, HK, 5-speed (no slush boxes for me), Xenon!!! Picked her up on 4-May-2004 and have loved every minute since.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

amorphis is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for amorphis Visit amorphis's homepage! Find more posts by amorphis Add amorphis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amorphis

I LOVE my '98 Integra GSR

Why I love it:

• it's fun to drive (8000 RPM & 5 speed)
  • 30 MPG
  • handles well
  • bulletproof reliability (no problems in 106K)

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivospav is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivospav Find more posts by tivospav Add tivospav to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivospav
Wavemaster

I love my new MINI! This car sees signs that say "Slow Curves ahead" and asks you to step on it.

Sport Package, Auto mirror and wipers, Xenon headlights, and more safety features than I can put into acronyms. Here's some pics:

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

allan is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for allan Find more posts by allan Add allan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
allan
Resident modern nut

I'm not sure if I'd say LOVE, but we are close friends. Seriously, my 2003 Saturn L200 is the best car I've owned! Maybe partly because it's the first brand, spanking, new car I ever owned.

Allan is probably right. Most likely he's wrong, but he's probably right. If he slips
me a fiver he can be 100% correct. - whoknows55

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gromit is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gromit Find more posts by Gromit Add Gromit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gromit

I really like my 2001 Infiniti QX4, but I don't guess it's *love* since I'm turning it in at the end of the lease.

My wife absolutely LOVES her G35 Coupe. Honestly, if it came down to me or the car I think I'd have to pack a bag.

People who take 2 or more spots annoy me, but I'm more annoyed by morons who ding the doors of cars they park next to. We park as far away as possible and walk. $80,000 or $8,000. Either way, I don't want someone else banging up my car.

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pendragn is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pendragn Visit pendragn's homepage! Find more posts by pendragn Add pendragn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pendragn

quote:

I can afford to get the dings fixed, so by your measure I can afford to drive the car. The problem is, with my car you can't repair the dings without drilling holes. The metal is to strong to pull out, and the dings always end up on the crease down the door. And you can't drill holes without repainting. My car is all original, and I'd like to keep it that way. I try to park at the far end of the parking lot so as to not incur the wrath of people like yourself. Not sure if this gives me a blanking life or not. I do hope you approve.

More pictures here.

Guess which way I voted.

tk

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged