TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Have You Ever Done Anything This Stupid? <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gunnar007 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gunnar007 Find more posts by gunnar007 Add gunnar007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gunnar007

I've got the ultimate. I'm looking out the window while washing dishes and I see for a "quick" 5 seconds, a women getting in a car across the street who seems to look my way. My chin drops! I say whoa and then; you can believe this or not; I start looking for my TiVo remote because I want to rewind to the point she came into view!

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigg Find more posts by Bigg Add Bigg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigg
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by TrojanHorse
How many of you have sat there with the remote, clicking away to no avail, only to discover (days later! after several new batteries) that you had the peanut on TV mode, not TiVo mode... :/

???

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JJA is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JJA Find more posts by JJA Add JJA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJA
Senior Citizen

I've reached for the remote to "replay" a radio program several times. Why isn't there a radio Tivo?

Last edited by JJA on 06-30-2004 at 12:52 AM

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoPeY5007 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoPeY5007 Find more posts by DoPeY5007 Add DoPeY5007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoPeY5007

quote:
Originally posted by JJA
I've tried to replay my radio seveal times. WHy isn't there a radio Tivo?
there is a switch on the remote to change it to control the TiVo or a TV

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigg Find more posts by Bigg Add Bigg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigg
Advanced Member

I can only do TV power and volume on my 80 hour SA's remote. Is this a feature of a DTiVo remote?

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoPeY5007 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoPeY5007 Find more posts by DoPeY5007 Add DoPeY5007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoPeY5007

quote:
Originally posted by Bigg
I can only do TV power and volume on my 80 hour SA's remote. Is this a feature of a DTiVo remote?
Must be a DTiVo only thing then

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MikeekiM is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MikeekiM Find more posts by MikeekiM Add MikeekiM to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeekiM
TiVo Forum Special Member

Nope...never done that... mostly because I never got used to using live TV with DirecTV (or digital cable for that matter), so I never really got in the habit of switching to any guide...

Prior to getting my DirecTiVo, I was on analog cable...

Universal Remote: One For All - URC6131
Xantech Xtra Link2 (Remote Extender)
ChannelPlus 3025 Modulator/Video Distribution

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rojma is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rojma Visit Rojma's homepage! Find more posts by Rojma Add Rojma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rojma

quote:
Originally posted by Stanley Rohner
I'd be surprised if any "rental insurance" would pay for ruining 4 tires by going out the wrong exit.

Like someone else said - When you punctured the front 2 tires wasn't that a clue to stop?

Dah !!!!!

Well these were not the type of spikes that completely tore up the tires. The damage done to the tires was more equivalent to a nail in the tire. In fact I drove about a mile down the road before I noticed!

To tell you the truth, when I went over it, it felt the same as if I were going over it going the right direction (kinda like a speed bump).

And no I am not blind. The car rental company did not have any great big signs up saying Do Not Enter, etc. This just happened to be a smaller exit that cars did not normally pass by much. The car I rented though just happened to be parked right next to this exit.

They said I was not the first to do it. And I didn't get charged anything additional, even though I didn't have insurance through them (I have it through my own private insurance). Like I said, it was minimal damage equivalent to a nail puncture. I'm sure they fixed all 4 tires rather quickly.

It was still supid of me though.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 05:21 AM
Bigg
Advanced Member

Why do they spike the exits from the parking lot????

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dtremain is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dtremain Find more posts by dtremain Add dtremain to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dtremain

quote:
Originally posted by JohnC
How about looking out the window because the ticker across the screen is warning of severe thunderstorms or something and you're thinking how nice it was outside just a few minutes ago? Oh yeah, that was last week.... when it was recorded.
Yup, I've done that one. I've also seen news bulletins and said "Wait, the same thing happened a week ago!"

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnWalsh is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWalsh Find more posts by JohnWalsh Add JohnWalsh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnWalsh

I've also went to rewind or change channels and realized the remote was switched to tv instead of satellite.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Nittany Lions is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nittany Lions Find more posts by Nittany Lions Add Nittany Lions to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nittany Lions
Knew Member

quote:
Originally posted by JJA
I've tried to replay my radio seveal times. WHy isn't there a radio Tivo?

Well, if you have a Mac, there is the Griffin Radio Shark.

Too bad it has been vapor ware for quite a while now.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark/

RCA DirecTivo DVR40 - 120 Hrs

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 04:32 AM
Bigg
Advanced Member

Some TV tuner cards come with that software.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged