TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> KDFI 27-DT - Dallas <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for joegarrett Find more posts by joegarrett Add joegarrett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

KDFI 27-DT - Dallas

In case you are having trouble receiving KDFI 27-DT in the surrounding areas of Dallas, please check this link for more information.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joegarrett Find more posts by joegarrett Add joegarrett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

bump

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cheezmo is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cheezmo Visit Cheezmo's homepage! Find more posts by Cheezmo Add Cheezmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheezmo

The 10-250 was the first HD reciever I've had with a working OTA signal strength meter. When I first scanned, 27 was the only channel I could not recieve (I live in NW Plano near Parker & Tollway).

I had a preamplifier on the antenna with adjustable gain, and watching the signal strength, I found that by LOWERING the gain, I was able to increase the signal strength of 27 to where I could get it just fine. It is one of my lower signals (60'ish as opposed to high 80's for most) but it comes in just fine.

So, if you have an amplifier in your system you may want to make sure you aren't over-amplifying the signal.

One other little gotcha in Dallas is KXAS-DT. You can't get 5-2 to show up in the 10-250's guide. But, if you really want to see their radar, you can key in 41-3 and it will come up.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:41 PM
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

Thanks for the info.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

av8tor2 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for av8tor2 Find more posts by av8tor2 Add av8tor2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
av8tor2

I'll check tonight, but I think I have the radar in the guide...

I know I get to it by hitting 5-2...

Hummm

Paul

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertogag Visit robertogag's homepage! Find more posts by robertogag Add robertogag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

I live in Richardson, TX (Close to George Bush and Renner Rd) and I receive 27. In fact I get all channels but 2. I have no signal on 51 (KLDTDT) and 58 (KDTXDT).

I am using a small Indoors radioshack antenna (15-1880) that I have used with SAT-HD100, LG-LSS3200A, and now HDTivo and it is great. I have signal meter at 70+ in most channels (I get 40 in one of them that I don't remember now) without touching the antenna.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cheezmo is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cheezmo Visit Cheezmo's homepage! Find more posts by Cheezmo Add Cheezmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheezmo

I just tried 5-2 and got "Searching for signal on: Antenna In"
41-3 takes me to "41-3 ant" which is KXAS-DT's radar.

When setting "channels I recieve" I have two 5-1's
5-1 (ant) KXASDT KXASDT
5-1 (ant) KXAS-DT *

41-3 is not listed.

I may try resetting everythign and rescanning to see what happens.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertogag Visit robertogag's homepage! Find more posts by robertogag Add robertogag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

Cheezmo:

What I did was:

Went to setup..... look for the OTA antenna test and go to each frequency (no the channel) and fix my antenna to the best possition to get the higer signal (shown in the signal meter).

After that I runned the setup for the antenna and got most of the channels.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cheezmo is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:27 PM
Cheezmo

I don't have any problem getting all the channels and the local scan definitely picks up 5-1. The problem is that it doesn't identify 5-2 which would seem to indicate a PSIP/remapping problem to me. I have no problems with reception of 5-1.

Actually the "Test Off-Air Signal" screen gives a little more indication of what may be wrong.

When you set the frequency to 41, it shows a nice signal strength of 88-90 and in the middle says "Frequency 41, Channel 5-2, KXAS-SD".

Interestingly 5-2 KXAS-SD never shows up on channel scans or in the guide.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:30 PM
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

I'll try a re-scan tonight and post which channels I'm receiving in Lewisville.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:35 PM
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

quote:
Originally posted by Cheezmo

Interestingly 5-2 KXAS-SD never shows up on channel scans or in the guide.

I will try tonight this particular channel

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dustoff is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dustoff Find more posts by Dustoff Add Dustoff to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dustoff

I also can not find 5-2 I have not tried 41-3 yet. Can you still add channels like before to the tivo?????

Dustoff

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:31 PM
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

Cheezmo:

I just checked my unit and I have the same issue: I have 5-1 but not 5-2.

I can see 5-2 when using the mitsu tunner or LG one

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Anyone in the McKinney area using the silver sensor to pick up DT signals? I can get 4-1 and 5-1, but the rest are no good. Don't care too much about 11 since I get the CBS HD in my package, but I'd sure like to get 8. Didn't I read somewhere that it's VHF which means I'm SOL?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:06 AM
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
Anyone in the McKinney area using the silver sensor to pick up DT signals? I can get 4-1 and 5-1, but the rest are no good. Don't care too much about 11 since I get the CBS HD in my package, but I'd sure like to get 8. Didn't I read somewhere that it's VHF which means I'm SOL?

Yes, 8 is VHF. I have a combo antenna so everthing is good in Lewisville, but alas no 27, damn!!

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dave47 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave47 Find more posts by Dave47 Add Dave47 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave47

No trouble receiving KDFI 27-DT here is N. Allen, either. I have a combo antenna on the chimney, though. I get a signal strength of about 70 on my HR10-250. Maybe 50 on my SIR-TS151. It gets WFAA-DT (CH9) good as well.

David

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccrich is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 07:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccrich Find more posts by ccrich Add ccrich to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccrich

I'm in Mckinney and have a combo antenna (Channel Master 3020) in my attic and get all the channel except 27. Channel 8 has the worst signal strength, ~72.

Chris

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Where abouts in McKinney are you, ccrich? I'm at about 380 and 75.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegarrett is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 09:46 PM
joegarrett
DTiVo Junkie

Here are the channels I get in Lewisville using a Samsung T351, RS VHF/UHF(90+ miles) in attic with CM pre-amp.

2-1, 4-1, 5-1, 5-2, 8-1, 8-2, 11-1, 13-1, 21-1, 23-1, 33-1, 33-2(no sound),

46-1, 48-1, 51-1, 68-1, 68-2, 68-3, 68-4

27 still doesn't show up on a re-scan.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccrich is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccrich Find more posts by ccrich Add ccrich to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccrich

quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
Where abouts in McKinney are you, ccrich? I'm at about 380 and 75.

I'm at Custer and Virgina

Chris

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged