TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Finally I have the HDTivo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertogag Visit robertogag's homepage! Find more posts by robertogag Add robertogag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

Finally I have the HDTivo

Finally I have the HDTivo

I ordered and fully paid the HR10-250 from UE and 6 weeks latter: NOTHING.
My wife gave the surprise that she got one of the CC windows and she surprised me yesterday. I thought she was being mean when she didn’t want me to buy it, but the real reason is that she wanted to give me the surprise.

Anyway….. Mine was made in MEXICO June 6 and I have logos.
I had the fast forward issue when you learn the frequency from a Sony remote, but I fixed the problem using my SD-Tivo remote (as some one posted here).

I will post some HT pictures and add more comments as soon as I play more with it.

I should receive my second unit from UE this weekend and maybe I will sell it.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

plehrack is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for plehrack Find more posts by plehrack Add plehrack to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plehrack

Re: Finally I have the HDTivo

quote:
Originally posted by robertogag
I had the fast forward issue when you learn the frequency from a Sony remote, but I fixed the problem using my SD-Tivo remote (as some one posted here).

Are you saying that I can use my SAT-T60 remote on my HR10-250?

Peter

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertogag Visit robertogag's homepage! Find more posts by robertogag Add robertogag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

Re: Re: Finally I have the HDTivo

quote:
Originally posted by plehrack

Peter

No, I have a SD-DVR40 so I don’t know about the SAT-T60.

The SD-DVR40 and HR10-250 remotes are identical (or looks like), but the remote that comes with the HD doesn’t allow a second “learning” remote to learn the fast forward button so you have to use another remote to do that.

I saw this post:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...ht=fast+forward

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: Re: Finally I have the HDTivo

quote:
Originally posted by plehrack

Peter

I don't read that but you can modify your SAT-T60 remote, which requires some work and that will allow it to control the HR10-250. The remote is actually a UEI universal remote in disguise which can be modified for JP1 programmability. The thread that explains the technique should be archived here.

Chris

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:06 AM
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

OK

I got home and played with my tivo for couple hours and these are my impressions:

• No audio drops till now (I played HDNET a few hours already)
• Guide is terrible. It is slower than my old SAT-HD100
• OTA signal is more sensitive than my LG-LSS3200 but it is ok (I got most of my channels except for two that I never watch 51 and 58 in Dallas)
• HDMI without a problem.
• Digital audio connected to my Kenwood VR-309 without a problem.
• Learning remote couldn’t learn fast-forward until I used my old tivo-remote to “teach” the command.
• I have logos except for the Show time HD ( but I don’t have that one in my other HD receiver)

Here is a link to my website (careful.. pictures are big)

www.betogarcia.com/HT.html

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

The guide should speed up after it's had time to populate the guide. My guide is the same speed as my DSR704 units.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

marcello696 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marcello696 Find more posts by marcello696 Add marcello696 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marcello696

Yeah for all the complaints about the guide after a few hours it isn't bad at all

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:16 PM
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

Well. It is a little faster now but still a lot slower than my LG-LSS3200A

It is probably same or a little worse than SD-DVR40

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

I much prefer the TiVo guide- it's much faster, and makes it easier to search ahead for future programs to record.

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged