TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Networking with Netgear <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hc555 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hc555 Find more posts by hc555 Add hc555 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hc555

Networking with Netgear

I have a Netgear WGR614 Router on my computer -- what wireless adapters would recommend for my Tivo box for HMO, and would I need to buy 2 if I am considering a second Tivo box?

Is this router useable?

Thanks!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

windracer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for windracer Find more posts by windracer Add windracer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
windracer
a!&#^d NO CARRIER

I have that same router (recently upgraded from an old Linksys BEFW11S4 v1.0) and am using the Linksys WUSB11 v2.6 on my TiVo with no issues. I have the router in mixed mode so I can use "G" with my VAIO laptop and "B" with the TiVo and other machines on the wireless network.

Here is the list of adapters supported by TiVo:

http://customersupport.tivo.com/tiv...6.htm?#wireless

Current universal remote: Magnavox PMDVR8 - best budget URC I have used (under $30!)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged