TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> HD PPV <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vidiot is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vidiot Find more posts by vidiot Add vidiot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vidiot
Video Junkie

HD PPV

I've never ordered PPV, but with Lord of the Rings: Return of the King coming up tomorrow in HD PPV, I'm going for it. Oh, and it's the extended version.

Anyways, if I record it, will there be any restrictions? Will it expire and auto-delete from my hard drive or anything? I may not get to watching it for several weeks.

Lastly, I don't have my phone line hooked up. Do I have to have it connected before or after the PPV to send in the request?

Hughes HDVR2 (35 Hr.)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: HD PPV

quote:
Originally posted by vidiot
I've never ordered PPV, but with Lord of the Rings: Return of the King coming up tomorrow in HD PPV, I'm going for it. Oh, and it's the extended version.

Anyways, if I record it, will there be any restrictions? Will it expire and auto-delete from my hard drive or anything? I may not get to watching it for several weeks.

Lastly, I don't have my phone line hooked up. Do I have to have it connected before or after the PPV to send in the request?

A telephone line is used to upload PPV purchases so it may not allow you to purchase PPV by remote until you have a telephone connected long enough for some calls to have been made to DirecTV. You can connect the phone line and call DirecTV and that might enable PPV. If not and you still want to purchase it, you can do so at DirecTV.com after you set up an account. After your purchase, change to save until delete and it can be saved indefinitely.

Chris

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dave3 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dave3 Find more posts by dave3 Add dave3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave3
2 yr old twins, help

it will not expire on your hard drive. When you say it is the extended version, you mean they made that movie even longer. I thought it would never end for the last half hour when I saw it in the theater.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

marcello696 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for marcello696 Find more posts by marcello696 Add marcello696 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marcello696

Yep I ordered the LOTR PPV for today via the website and I have it ready to record.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cabrill is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cabrill Find more posts by Cabrill Add Cabrill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cabrill
Just Hanging Out

Never end?! It seemed brief to me. I was still wanting more. I can't wait for the extended version on DVD and didn't...I've already ordered it and have it sitting on my TiVo waiting for me for tonight. Thinking of doing a LotR marathon. If you thought 3.4 hours was bad, you wouldn't be comfortable at my 11 hour marathon! Mwahahahahaha!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLiquid is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLiquid Visit DLiquid's homepage! Find more posts by DLiquid Add DLiquid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLiquid
TiVo Forum Special Member

When do the extended edition ROTK DVDs come out?

So we can see the extended edition in HD today? That seems too good to be true. I might have to swing by my house and schedule a recording. How much does the PPV cost?

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

snoll is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snoll Find more posts by snoll Add snoll to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snoll

This is not the hyped "extended cut." What they're showing on PPV is still the theatrical version. They market it by saying "includes footage not seen in theaters." That means there's a 2 minute behind-the-scenes segment after the movie. The extended version (4 hours plus) will premiere on DVD this Christmas. We might get an HD version on PPV a few months later.

I'm still Tivo'ing the theatrical version tonight too. I just hope it's OAR, but I doubt it. Although I believe this was shot in Super35, so it won't be a total crop job.

Steve

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lark is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lark Find more posts by lark Add lark to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lark

Four hours plus? Holy cow.

As it was, that movie in theaters had more false endings than a Bruce Springsteen concert.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged