TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> How to tell Tivo to record shows on the EXACT channel? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
edkao is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 02:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edkao Find more posts by edkao Add edkao to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edkao

How to tell Tivo to record shows on the EXACT channel?

What I mean is, shows on CBS in Los Angeles. Which shows up as 2(sat) 2-1(ant) 81(sat-HD) 381(sat). Of course I want to record the shows in HD, which means channel 81. To my disappointment, the show was recorded from channel 381 (non-HD). And since the show was already recorded, tivo did not record the show from channel 81.

The season pass is setup to record from channel 81, and from the channels you receive menu, I deselected all other CBS except channel 81.

What else can I try?

Thanks, Ed

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Flepper is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 05:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flepper Find more posts by Flepper Add Flepper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flepper

Did the HDTivo record this show as part of the season pass or as a Tivo Suggestion? My season pass for some shows is set for first run only. The Tivo sometimes chooses to record the show anyway, but as a Tivo suggestion. When it does this, it chooses the lowest numbered channel, which is the sat feed.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

I haven't had that problem yet but I'v eonly tried it with on eshow, Crossing Jordan. I set up a sesaon pass on the HD channel and on the SD channel. It recorded the shows correctly from each channel for the 2 weeks of new shows that were left in the season.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

When I set up season passes, I try to make sure I picked it to record from the HD channel.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jzoomer is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jzoomer Find more posts by jzoomer Add jzoomer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzoomer

Another approach is to remove the SD channel from the "Channels you Receive" list.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott R. Scherr is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott R. Scherr Visit Scott R. Scherr's homepage! Find more posts by Scott R. Scherr Add Scott R. Scherr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott R. Scherr

You can also do a wishlist and list HDTV as one of the criteria. For example, type the title and then on the next menu scroll down to audio/video and then HDTV.

Scott

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kcmurphy88 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kcmurphy88 Find more posts by kcmurphy88 Add kcmurphy88 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kcmurphy88

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R. Scherr
You can also do a wishlist and list HDTV as one of the criteria. For example, type the title and then on the next menu scroll down to audio/video and then HDTV.
Scott

Maybe things have changed, but last time I tried the HDTV wishlist filter, most all HDTV shows did NOT appear.

The problem is that the HDTV and SD versions are tagged with the same content ID. The obvious solution is for D* to code each version of a show with different numbers.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged