TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> D* never heard of audio dropouts- What a surprise! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ken7 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ken7 Find more posts by Ken7 Add Ken7 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ken7

D* never heard of audio dropouts- What a surprise!

Last night I called D* tech support to find out when a fix would be coming for the audio dropouts/no sound issues on HDNet. Well golly, surprise surprise, tech support claimed (after checking many databases) they never heard of this! Who would have guessed??? I told them that everyone who has this unit has this problem, many many people have called in about it and even Mark Cuban is aware of the issue. I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes and was eventually told that nobody at D* had ever heard of this.

Amazing, but consistent. I don't believe in the nearly 10 years I've had D* that I've ever called tech support with an issue they heard of. It does make me wonder if this will ever get fixed.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

You might have talked to someone in tech support that said they did not know about the drop outs, but I doubt it is an unknown issue there. More likely they haven't written a script to deal with the call.

But you're right, who knows when it will get fixed...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bananfish is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bananfish Find more posts by Bananfish Add Bananfish to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bananfish
Preowned Member

I obtained a copy of the "DirecTV with TiVo Customer Service Representative Manual" today. Here it is:

1. Try to act sympathetic as customer describes problem.
2. Ask if the unit is plugged in.
3. Ask if the unit's power is ON.
4. Suggest that the customer "reboot" their unit.
5. Ask customer to hold - take coffee break while customer is on hold.
6. If customer is still on line at end of break, pretend that you just looked up the problem in a giant "problem" database and tell the customer that their problem doesn't actually exist.
7. Repeat steps #4-#6 until customer hangs up.

Do not go off script under any circumstances - research has shown that all customer problems are resolved at the end of the call if you strictly follow this script!

Congratulations! You've completed your D* CSR training.

P.S. This is not meant as a slam at D* CSRs, most of whom are fine people, but is meant as a slam at DirecTV management, who are seemingly unable to come up with a system where customer problems can be logged and tracked.

LR/BR Rcvr: Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo/DirecTV Director Pack
DVD/VCR: Philips Q50 DVD/JVC (cheapie)
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650 (HT-R500 A/V rcvr + SKS-HT500 speakers)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jfischer is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jfischer Find more posts by jfischer Add jfischer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfischer

quote:
Originally posted by Bananfish
P.S. This is not meant as a slam at D* CSRs, most of whom are fine people, but is meant as a slam at DirecTV management, who are seemingly unable to come up with a system where customer problems can be logged and tracked.

This is the norm anymore.

Ask Samsung about the smudges on their DLP sets - lots of people have them but "they've never heard of it before".

Ask GM about the brake rotors that warp within 4K miles on their F-Body cars - everyone I know has had their brakes warp - but they've never heard of the problem.

It's common practice it seems in the Customer Service industry to have "never heard" about any problem a customer has - no matter how common or prevalent the problem may be.

The #1 rule in Customer Service is to never acknowledge that a problem exists or that the problem affects anyone else but the current customer.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TexasRanger74 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TexasRanger74 Find more posts by TexasRanger74 Add TexasRanger74 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TexasRanger74

it also depends on what level of support you talked to. when I originally called in regarding this issue, the level 1 support lady didn't have a clue. after a bit, she transferred me to level 2 support. the lady there was very helpful, kind, and listened to my gripe. she talked with her supervisor and then she told me that she hadn't personally heard of the issue, but her supervisor said he had heard of it.

generally, with level 1 support, you're getting alot of people fresh out of the training who have just hired on. there is a HIGH turnover rate in call centers. level 2 are the people who have been there for a while and so those are the ones I like to talk to anymore. basically after a few minutes of talking to a level 1 person, I'll request to be transferred to level 2 support.

hope that helps.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged