TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> How do you wear cologne AND aftershave? <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jwjody is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwjody Find more posts by jwjody Add jwjody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwjody
TiVo Forum Special Member

How do you wear cologne AND aftershave?

I have some aftershave balm that I use. I don't currently wear cologne but after many women have told me I should I'm going to go get some. But how do you wear 2 scents? Or do you not? If you shave in the morning do you use aftershave and not put on cologne?

I've perused some of the older cologne threads and it seems Coolwater is a popular one. I've worn it before (when I was in high school) so I'm looking to get something different.

I've heard Polo is good, and I've been suggested Happy for Men by a couple of women.

Anyone here use HfM?

J

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ireland967 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ireland967 Find more posts by ireland967 Add ireland967 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ireland967
Version 2.0

I'd definitely use an fragrance-free aftershave if you use cologne.

Some other colognes I like are Polo Blue, Armani Emporium and Aramis' New West

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cnshough is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cnshough Find more posts by cnshough Add cnshough to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnshough

A simple solution would be to use the same brand cologne as aftershave. Tommy Hilfiger offers an aftershave that I really like which smells much like his cologne.

"98% of the time I can get away with sticking a boob in her mouth..." -- rsanborn

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cnshough is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cnshough Find more posts by cnshough Add cnshough to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnshough

As far as which colognes I like, I use Lucky, and Tommy. I used to use CoolWater, but haven't bought any since my bottle ran dry. Also, believe it or not, Avon makes a cologne that I find tolerable.

"98% of the time I can get away with sticking a boob in her mouth..." -- rsanborn

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoodSpike is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike

I use Lubriderm Daily UV lotion as an aftershave lotion. It is practically fragrance free. I'm married so I don't need to try to attract women by smell.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirk1843 is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirk1843 Find more posts by dirk1843 Add dirk1843 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirk1843
HDTiVo Challenged

I used to wear aftershave, but my face does better since I gave it up.

I only shave every couple of days (hate to shave, and job does not require it.)

So now cologne only for me.

If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please - with sugar on top... clean the f*****' car.

The Wolf, Pulp Fiction

watch this space for favorite movie quotes

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pmyers is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pmyers Find more posts by pmyers Add pmyers to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmyers

I buy the cologne "sets" which come with deodarant, aftershave, cologne, and shower gel. Everything matches. My current favorite is Coolwater.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

willardcpa is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for willardcpa Find more posts by willardcpa Add willardcpa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

quote:
"I don't currently wear cologne but after many women have told me I should I'm going to go get some."
Maybe instead of focusing on aftershave you should be looking into deoderants.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoodSpike is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike

Re: How do you wear cologne AND aftershave?

quote:
Originally posted by jwjody
I don't currently wear cologne but after many women have told me I should I'm going to go get some.

My nose isn't very good, but I can only remember one situation where I thought to myself: "That woman really smells nice." I don't even remember who it was, but I do remember she was attractive and the smell probably helped.

I think maybe women are more sensative to smells. Maybe it matters more to them.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwjody is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwjody Find more posts by jwjody Add jwjody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwjody

quote:
Originally posted by willardcpa
Maybe instead of focusing on aftershave you should be looking into deoderants.

Haha.

The discussion turned toward me meeting a girl and the secretaries I work with suggested cologne because women are really into scents.

quote:
Originally posted by GoodSpike
My nose isn't very good, but I can only remember one situation where I thought to myself: "That woman really smells nice." I don't even remember who it was, but I do remember she was attractive and the smell probably helped.

I think maybe women are more sensative to smells. Maybe it matters more to them.

I've been around 2 girls who I noticed they smelled good. The second was just this past week actually. We were working on a crossword puzzle together and I leaned in behind her and could smell her hair and her perfume. Very nice.

The first was a couple of years ago. It was actually during a kiss. She was wearing some Middle Eastern oil fragrances. I'll never forget that kiss because of how nice she smelled.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GTuck is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GTuck Find more posts by GTuck Add GTuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GTuck

The only reason I wear cologne is that it gives a woman at the bar a chance to hit on me. I have been wearing Coolwater lately, just a little. I get a lot of "You smell really good, what is that" at this point I know I am in. If not for the cologne, it's the very generic "I like your shirt" that is still my favorite from any girl at the bar. You know, I still use after shave too, but just some balm type stuff to make my face feel better. I think the smell wears off fast, so I don't worry about the smells combining.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmoak is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmoak Find more posts by jmoak Add jmoak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmoak
-no title-

Since we're on the subject,

How do you tell someone nicely to cut back on the amount of "fragrance" they use?

A nice smell when you get close to someone (as in jwjody's last paragraph) can really add to the moment,

BUT when the smell attacks you from across the room it can be just a little too much!

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GTuck is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GTuck Find more posts by GTuck Add GTuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GTuck

I don't think there is a good way to break it to somebody. There is a guy in the office here that must put on a bottle of Tommy everyday. I can't stand the smell of Tommy anymore, I hope he doesn't walk by anymore today.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

digdug is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for digdug Find more posts by digdug Add digdug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
digdug
Early riser

quote:
Originally posted by GTuck
I don't think there is a good way to break it to somebody. There is a guy in the office here that must put on a bottle of Tommy everyday. I can't stand the smell of Tommy anymore, I hope he doesn't walk by anymore today.
Whew! I think his brother works in our office. I can always tell where he's been from the eye-watering haze of Tommy in the air as I walk around the office. If you don't smell Tommy, he's not in the office that day.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwjody is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:33 PM
jwjody

quote:
Originally posted by jmoak
Since we're on the subject,

How do you tell someone nicely to cut back on the amount of "fragrance" they use?

A nice smell when you get close to someone (as in jwjody's last paragraph) can really add to the moment,

BUT when the smell attacks you from across the room it can be just a little too much!

Actually in the office they've tried to ban everything with any type of scent. There is no middle ground in our office, it's either all or nothing and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So they've tried to ban all cologne, perfume, scented lotion, and potpourri. They actually banned air freshener in the bathrooms then they got complaints because of other types of smells, so they allowed them again but we're suppose to be "sparse" with the usage.

I just aided in the hijacking of my own thread didn't I?

OK people back on track! I want some reviews of Happy for Men!

J

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

Hmmm.. last time I checked white people didn't often wear coolwater... if you like that sort of smell I think ACQUA DI GIO is probably better.

As for aftershave I almost always use cheap scentless aftershave like Afta. I never shave in the AM (usually after work at the GYM).

A decent cologne is worth springing for though. I really like Bijan and Jean Paul Gaultier.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smark is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smark Visit smark's homepage! Find more posts by smark Add smark to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smark
Comcast In The Hizzy

I don't do cologne. I just do the Axe Bodyspray.

Fear the Tsunami~!

I favor the Tsunami, Voodoo and Essence cans. Currentl girl likes the Tsunami.

BanPlz?

"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kevostl is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kevostl Find more posts by kevostl Add kevostl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kevostl
Irish-Im!

I have a few different colognes that i use. In the fall/winter I tend to lean toward Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent or Woods by Abercrombie & Fitch.

In the spring/summer I lean toward Tommy, Escape, and the newest one: Echo by Davidoff.

Aftershave I tend to use lotion unscented or what comes in the sets with the cologne.

I want to buy her for what she is worth and sell her for what she THINKS she is worth! - Southern Saying recently heard while in Nashville, TN!

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

maggie2101 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for maggie2101 Find more posts by maggie2101 Add maggie2101 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maggie2101

I like Happy for men. I bought some for my boyfriend and he liked it too. He had never worn cologne before, ever.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcheesi is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dcheesi Find more posts by dcheesi Add dcheesi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dcheesi
Advanced Member

I haven't worn cologne for a while. The last one I used was one of those "reactive" scents; it drove me crazy, because it never smelled as good to me as it did to other people?! I finally got an idea of how it was supposed to smell when my brother started using it; it was like a completely different scent when it was on a person. Nevertheless, I gave it up, 'cause I couldn't stand the idea of not knowing what I actually smelled like (Besides, how would I know if it had gone bad?)

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged