TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> SD-H400 setup <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chloeyoh is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chloeyoh Find more posts by chloeyoh Add chloeyoh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chloeyoh

SD-H400 setup

I've read through the FAQ and check here first threads and I still have questions. I am 5 mos pregnant with twins and want TiVo so we can record and watch things at our leisure. I've been interested in TiVo since 2001, but the basic service with the SD-H400 did get me to the Best Buy sale.
I have a Sony TV and a cable box (General Instruments CFG-2200), and I thought I could handle hooking up the TiVo with the manuals but no luck so far. I just want the basic plain vanilla hookup of those three units (without a VCR, receiver, satellite or other). I have things generally hooked up, but the guided setup screen doesn't come up.

My general setup is:
Cable box - hooked to RF cable (straight, not split) and power, red/white/yellow cables to TiVo
TiVo - set on channel 3, hooked to power, S-video to TV, phone cord (unhooked up to this point)
What am I missing?

I appreciate your patience and help. Thanks

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wwharr is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wwharr Find more posts by wwharr Add wwharr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wwharr

You must connect your phone line to complete the guided setup. It is done through the internal modem on your unit using a dial-up connection.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chloeyoh is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chloeyoh Find more posts by chloeyoh Add chloeyoh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chloeyoh

I did some research, and it wasn't the phone line.

I had to change the RF Out to connect the TiVo and TV, instead of the cable box and TV. As soon as I made that change the welcome screen showed up.

Now I'm dialing and hoping the rest of this works smoothly. This is a surprise for my husband, and I need to get it working before he comes home from hanging out with his buddies.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoubleDown is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoubleDown Find more posts by DoubleDown Add DoubleDown to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoubleDown

YOu could keep your composite cable(the yellow one) form your cable box to Tivo, just change your settings in Tivo. Probably get a little better picture.
Good luck in 4 months!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged