TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> sd-h400 digital audio and changing channels <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
atsang is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for atsang Find more posts by atsang Add atsang to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
atsang

sd-h400 digital audio and changing channels

i've got my audio hooked up via digital audio direct into my HK 130 receiver, and everytime i change a channel it takes like 2-3 seconds for sound to kick in. after that the sound is great. but its annoying when you switch to a channel and want to hear the sound immediately.

anyone else getting this?

Last edited by atsang on 06-26-2004 at 10:21 AM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tersanyus is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tersanyus Find more posts by Tersanyus Add Tersanyus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tersanyus

I've also got the SD-H400 but am not having that issue. What is your source? Cable tv without box, satellite, antenna or what? I have cable without a box and when I switch channels it takes about 1.5 seconds for the next channel to come up. Video and audio come up at the same time. This was odd to me at first. Why such a gap on cable? Then I realized that is probably the amount of time that TiVo takes to do it's encoding and such and to start recording.

Only oddity I have with sound is that the little beeps that you hear when you navigate menus on TiVo don't come thru all the time. Sometimes I hear them at regular volume, sometimes I don't. I do hear the little bong if I arrow down or up too far all the time when I should. Only thing I can figure is that I am using the digital optical output. When I turn on the VCR that is connected to a different audio/video output all is normal.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged