TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Stuck on : Welcome. Powering Up. <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mgeller142 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mgeller142 Find more posts by mgeller142 Add mgeller142 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mgeller142

Unhappy Stuck on : Welcome. Powering Up.

Help!

My 2 year old Sony T-60 is stuck on the "Welcome. Powering Up." screen.

I unplugged it overnight, to no avail (but didn't pull the card out). I pulled the card out (and unplugged it), and will check it later tonight.

BUT, assuming that doesn't work, any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Captain Bob is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Bob Find more posts by Captain Bob Add Captain Bob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Bob
Arrrr, Matey

It sounds as if the hard drive has gone (or is going) bad. (One of my SAT-T60s had the same symptom.) You can replace the drive yourself, or have it done for you. Check the Hinsdale How-To for details. (I'd upgrade at the same time, if I were you.) With any luck, you can copy your recordings and Season Passes, etc., from the old to the new drive.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mgeller142 is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mgeller142 Find more posts by mgeller142 Add mgeller142 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mgeller142

Lock up

Thanks. Now, it says "Cannot boot kernel".

Does this confirm the dead-hard-drive diagnosis, or could it be something else?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

talbain is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for talbain Find more posts by talbain Add talbain to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
talbain

exact same sequence happened to me. its dead. time to buy a new one

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JPriller is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JPriller Find more posts by JPriller Add JPriller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPriller
just some guy

It's pretty easy to replace the hard drive, you can buy them already set up with TiVo software from weaknees or ptvupgrade.

For DirecTiVos it doesn't always make sense to do that, sometimes you can get a brand new unit for less money.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Phantom Gremlin is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom Gremlin Find more posts by Phantom Gremlin Add Phantom Gremlin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phantom Gremlin

quote:
Originally posted by JPriller
It's pretty easy to replace the hard drive, you can buy them already set up with TiVo software from weaknees or ptvupgrade.

For DirecTiVos it doesn't always make sense to do that, sometimes you can get a brand new unit for less money.

Ah, but he has a SAT-T60. You can't get new units of those, and I really like the remote. Also my understanding is the new Series 2 units aren't as easily hacked. I went the weaknees route and haven't regretted it.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged