TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> DirecTV doesn't offer my locals, but DishNetwork does. <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cnshough is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cnshough Find more posts by cnshough Add cnshough to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnshough
TiVo Forum Special Member

Unhappy DirecTV doesn't offer my locals, but DishNetwork does.

I don't wanna do it, but I'm thinking about switching back to DN. I love my DirecTivo, but I've been waiting on locals and it doesn't look like they have any plans to bring them to me. I just noticed that DishNetwork is now offering my local channels. So without bashing the Dish DVR's, does anybody here have one? Like it? I had the Dishplayer 7200 before moving over to DirecTivo, and I know the nightmares that thing caused, but what about their new DVR's? How do they measure up?

"98% of the time I can get away with sticking a boob in her mouth..." -- rsanborn

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

speedy4022 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for speedy4022 Find more posts by speedy4022 Add speedy4022 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedy4022

Here is a good forum discussing Dish player DVRs http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48

long live the Tivolution

Hughes SD-DVR 40
Samsung SIR-S4120R 100 hrs.
philips 14 hour SA
all unhacked

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cnshough is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cnshough Find more posts by cnshough Add cnshough to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnshough

Yeah, been there done that many times over the last 10 years. I was hoping for someone here.

"98% of the time I can get away with sticking a boob in her mouth..." -- rsanborn

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gsslug is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gsslug Find more posts by gsslug Add gsslug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gsslug

With the new SAT up DTV is going to add some more locals. I saw a post that listed the cities. You might try and find out if your locals are going to be added soon.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cnshough is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 01:55 AM
cnshough

I have. They're not.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonscott87 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonscott87 Find more posts by bonscott87 Add bonscott87 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonscott87
Lets go Red Wings!

"Move" to New Orleans or Lafayette.

Hughes E86 HD STB
MX-500 remote and 43" Hitachi widescreen HDTV
Vonage phone service, no landline!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gunnar007 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gunnar007 Find more posts by gunnar007 Add gunnar007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gunnar007

If it was me I would make a pro and con list comparing the two

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigg Find more posts by Bigg Add Bigg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigg
Advanced Member

If you are in the spotbeams move. If not, try waivers for NYC. Or get an SA TiVo which doesn't need a sat for locals.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

narnia777 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for narnia777 Find more posts by narnia777 Add narnia777 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
narnia777

Dish Network will allow you to sign up and get locals or superchannels + locals alacart. So you can have both Directv and Dish Network. You may have to buy the dish and receive outright though. And if u want pvr get a Stand Alone Tivo to control a cheap 301 receiver, prices are dropping.

I have superstations+fox waiver+sky angel on Dish and TC+ with locals on Directv, best of both. I Also had Basic cable and had dish+cable on my Stand Alone Tivo in addition to my RCA Directv Tivo. But caneled cable and went DSL for internet.

I did have Top 180 on Dish Network for a year but Directv is cheaper even with paying $13 for standalone Tivo and $8.99 for Superstations+fox on Dish.

Jim

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrpurple is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrpurple Find more posts by mrpurple Add mrpurple to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrpurple
body by Guinness

I switched to DirecTV just for my locals. Now, I love my TiVo so much I couldn't go back. Not married to DirecTV though. If the new open cable standards yield a dual tuner TiVo I may go back. So.my advice is don't give up the dual tuner TiVo if a 'move' will get you the networks you need.

-Penn Jillette

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged