TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> east & west coast feeds vs local channels <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jerryg is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jerryg Find more posts by jerryg Add jerryg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerryg

east & west coast feeds vs local channels

I am moving from an area where I was able to get waivers from the local broadcasters due to mountains in the way and even though local channels became available they never took the east and west coast feeds away.

In the new place I am moving I will not be able to get over the air reception due to mountalns and local stations will be available. Do I have any chance to getting wavers to get the east and west coast feeds also

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevel is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevel Visit stevel's homepage! Find more posts by stevel Add stevel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevel
Dumb Blond

Two chances - fat and slim....

One thousand three hundred thirty-three, zero

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ewolfr is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ewolfr Find more posts by ewolfr Add ewolfr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ewolfr
Advanced Member

You could always ask for a waiver. But be warned it might not last long anyway. Congress is looking to force people to either choose the distant networks or their local channels by the end of the year. If you care you should write your Senator and congresscritter and let them know.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged