TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> So how do you like your liquor? <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
spartanstew is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spartanstew Find more posts by spartanstew Add spartanstew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spartanstew
AKA WoohooStew

quote:
Originally posted by jilter

So I just resort to Absolut Citron on the rocks with extra lemon squeeze.

On the rare occasions, when I'm drinking liquor, that's what I drink too. Sometimes I'll have them throw in a bit of soda.

Stew

FREQUENT INQUIRIES:
YAMM: yet another meaningless milestone
SOAK: source of all knowledge
UMF: unseen mystical force
IBTL: in before the lock
curious about picture in picture on a directivo: DO A SEARCH FOR PIP
curious as to which universal remote is the best for tivo:DO A SEARCH FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

Sony SAT-T60: DirecTiVo receiver - Modified to 228 Hours
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Philips DSR7000 Directv receiver withTiVo- Unmodified
Samsung SIR-S4040R Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DreadPirateRob is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DreadPirateRob Find more posts by DreadPirateRob Add DreadPirateRob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DreadPirateRob
Miembro Gigante

Pretty much a beer and wine drinker, but when I drink liquor, it's typically in the form of a vodka martini or an unblended margarita. I'm a big fan of Lemon Drop martinis, as long as they're made properly, but it's rare to find a bartender who can do so.

I think you must be that voice in my head - bluenoise

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Drewster is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drewster Find more posts by Drewster Add Drewster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drewster
Part-time pundit

Maker's Mark, rocks.

That's my boy! Updated November 9
Recent Punditry: Interarchy 7.2
Fora: Ars Mac Achaia : FlyerTalk : Food Network : Oracle Calendar : TiVoCommunity : Voldemort

"I wish I could breastfeed..." -- BryanMC
8/30/04 - The Day I Stumped the SOAK.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ThreeSoFar is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeSoFar Find more posts by ThreeSoFar Add ThreeSoFar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThreeSoFar
FourNowActually

Liquor? I hardly even know her!

Four TiVos now, all with single Samsung drives:
Humax DRT800 w/DVD-R (174hrs)
Two older Series 2's (142hrs and 157hrs),and a newer nightlight
Series 2, a stupid case design IMO (174hrs)
All but the last are lifetimed. TiVite since 2000. There is a Good IR solution.

Got Vonage 4/9/03--need a referral credit?

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

warpath is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for warpath Find more posts by warpath Add warpath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warpath
The Dude Abides

Wow...like so many others in this thread, I'm not very choosy and the list of liquor drinks that I enjoy is LONG. However, when made correctly, I absolutely love Whiskey Sours, White Russians, and Bloody Marys.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bentleyml is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bentleyml Find more posts by bentleyml Add bentleyml to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bentleyml
iPod! iPod! iPod!

My absolute favorite is a Long Island Iced Tea. Following that are White Russians, a Screw Driver (the first alcoholic drink I can remember drinking), Rum and Doctor Pepper and one I can't name on these family friendly boards.

"What smells like blue?"
--Phillip J. Fry, Roswell That Ends Well

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AJRitz is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 03:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AJRitz Visit AJRitz's homepage! Find more posts by AJRitz Add AJRitz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AJRitz
Malcontent

Single malt scotch - neat. Blends on the rock with a splash.
Margaritas with good tequila on the rocks with salt on the rim (and not too sweet).
Spicy red wines.

I could list others, but these days if I'm drinking I'm either drinking beer or one of the above. I used to drink vodka tonic almost exclusively, but then I discovered the beauty and wonder that is scotch whiskey. Mmmmmmm - oakey.

I thoroughly approve of Mrs. AJRitz! - Graymalkin, pendragn

Read my blog

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gunnyman2k3 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gunnyman2k3 Find more posts by Gunnyman2k3 Add Gunnyman2k3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gunnyman2k3
Annie's Dad

Crown on the rocks with a whisper of water

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

quote:
Originally posted by AJRitz
but then I discovered the beauty and wonder that is scotch whiskey. Mmmmmmm - oakey.

Didn't you take that class in law school?

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IndyJones1023 is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IndyJones1023 Find more posts by IndyJones1023 Add IndyJones1023 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IndyJones1023
Now in PG!

Is neat just straight up? No rocks? And is there a term for just two cubes? I like Crown with 2 cubes. Or Jack Single Barrel and Coke. Or Capt. and Coke.

Come to the Hotlando Meet!

The TC-Con '04 DVD!

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AJRitz is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AJRitz Visit AJRitz's homepage! Find more posts by AJRitz Add AJRitz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AJRitz
Malcontent

quote:
Originally posted by Turtleboy
Didn't you take that class in law school?

I was 31-years-old when I started law school - having already developed an appreciation for scotch, instead of taking the class, I was a T.A.

Read my blog

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jamijc is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jamijc Find more posts by jamijc Add jamijc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamijc
Shaken AND Stirred

quote:
Originally posted by IndyJones1023
Is neat just straight up? No rocks?

Apparently not. I was ordering some bourbon for friends recently and asked for it "straight up". It was served chilled - as if shaken - in a martini glass. It was horrible!! (and was Booker's - ruined it!). Luckily I know the bartender and corrected it by ordering it "neat".

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeff125va is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeff125va Find more posts by jeff125va Add jeff125va to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff125va
TiVo Forum Special Member

Captain & Diet Coke
Jack & Diet Coke
Maker's & Diet Coke
Bacardi Vanila or Razz & Diet Coke

Vodka & Tonic - Brilliant or Three Olives are both good, or Grey Goose

Margaritas - Add me to the list of picky people here. At home I'll usually use Herradura or Tres Generaciones, Cointreau, and lime juice. If I'm making a big batch I've actually found a good mix, "Master of Mixes" brand, just add Tequila and Cointreau or Triple Sec. I make them straight up at home, usually on the rocks when I'm out since they usually seem clueless when I ask for them straight up.

Shots - Buttery nipples, tequila.

35 hour Philips DSR 704

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

faerie is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for faerie Find more posts by faerie Add faerie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
faerie
faerielicious!

Long Island Ice tea
Midori Sours
Original Lemon drop with vodka, sweet and sour and lemon juice
apple martinis
Mike's Hard Lemonade
SoCo and Coke. YUM!
Bailey's on the rocks

I can't handle tequila or mezcal or anything made with either. It took one very drunk night involving lots of mezcal and now I catch just a whiff of it or tequila and it makes my stomach turn. I'm a little queasy thinking about it and that was several years ago.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AJRitz is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:06 PM
AJRitz
Malcontent

quote:
Originally posted by faerie
I can't handle tequila or mezcal or anything made with either. It took one very drunk night involving lots of mezcal and now I catch just a whiff of it or tequila and it makes my stomach turn. I'm a little queasy thinking about it and that was several years ago.

Yes, it's sad what one bad drunk can do to good booze. The ONLY way I can drink tequila (any tequila) anymore is in a margarita. I used to enjoy tequila shots. But one night I did 17 of them, and now the thought of a tequila shot makes me retch.

My original liquor of choice was bourbon. Then one night I drank a bottle of Jack Daniels and threw up on a cop (relax, I was riding in the back seat of the car that got pulled over and the driver was completely sober). Now, I keep my distance from all bourbon.

I also learned to drink differently than I used to - otherwise there wouldn't be much left that I could stand to simply enjoy, as opposed over indulge in.

Read my blog

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gregpr is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gregpr Find more posts by gregpr Add gregpr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregpr
Tragically Unhip

I believe JD is more a sour mash whiskey than a true bourbon.

They're both great though

Join us in Las Vegas for TC-Con '05, June 13,2005!

*5130*

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

phxbruzer is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for phxbruzer Visit phxbruzer's homepage! Find more posts by phxbruzer Add phxbruzer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phxbruzer
Viva La TiVo!!!

Jack and Coke, but I've been getting into white russians (using vanilla vodka) after dinner.

Even a Broken clock is right twice a day!

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scooter is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scooter Find more posts by Scooter Add Scooter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scooter

My #1 favorite is Skyy Citrus on the rocks (more expensive vodka is nice, but not necessary IMO). On occasion, I'll drink top shelf Margaritas on the rocks with no salt. I used to drink beer often. Now it's very rare to see me with a beer in my hand. I also like a nice single malt scotch on the rocks sometimes during the winter months.

Scooter

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeff125va is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeff125va Find more posts by jeff125va Add jeff125va to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff125va

quote:
Originally posted by AJRitz
Yes, it's sad what one bad drunk can do to good booze. The ONLY way I can drink tequila (any tequila) anymore is in a margarita. I used to enjoy tequila shots. But one night I did 17 of them, and now the thought of a tequila shot makes me retch.

My original liquor of choice was bourbon. Then one night I drank a bottle of Jack Daniels and threw up on a cop (relax, I was riding in the back seat of the car that got pulled over and the driver was completely sober). Now, I keep my distance from all bourbon.

I also learned to drink differently than I used to - otherwise there wouldn't be much left that I could stand to simply enjoy, as opposed over indulge in.

Fortunately I've been immune to this phenomenon, so I've never quite understood it even though I know lots of people who've told the same story, particularly with tequila. I've gotten sick on too much tequila as well, but I also knew that had I done a dozen or so shots of vodka, bourbon, rum or whatever (usually in addition to beer), it would have been the same result. My wife doesn't drink any wine at all since a similar night of over-indulgence. Fortunately I never scarred myself for life and can still enjoy a few shots of good tequila, in moderation of course. :-)

35 hour Philips DSR 704

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

testify4 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for testify4 Visit testify4's homepage! Find more posts by testify4 Add testify4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
testify4
Quad Damage

Standard: Beam and Diet Coke
Living it up: Bombay Sapphire martini, dirty
Really living it up: Maker's Mark Manhattan
Really, really living it up: Macallan 18 Scotch, neat

Beer is my usual libation (with a side of Jager), but I do like that bourbon! I enjoyed a Cosmo while out for dinner a couple weeks ago, so maybe Wad-ka will make the roster, too.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged