TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> HD TIVO HR10-250 questions directed at someone with answers <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nabuch is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nabuch Find more posts by nabuch Add nabuch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nabuch

Question HD TIVO HR10-250 questions directed at someone with answers

To cut to the chase, I have a HD TIVO coming later this week, and would like some questions answered by anyone who can answer them.

1. Is the 30 hour amount on best, or worse, or does it even matter when it is HD?

2. Is the picture better ( on a 100 inch projector) with the TIVO turned off, and if so, is there a bypass on the unit?

3. Currently I have a first generation RCA HD receiver, and an SA TIVO. The RCA can have the HD part turned on or off (when on the TIVO won't work accept on antenna). Can the HD TIVO have the HD turned off, and allow some RCA jacks to go to the SA TIVO, so I can still use it for my season passes that are already on there, as well as other things. If so, is there a direct connection to do channel changing on the SA TIVO, or what would be the best way to handle this?

4. Although I love every new electronic thing that comes along, it is not where my talents lie. Can I set it up by myself by simply transfering the same connections from my old receiver, or will there be more to it than that?

5. Finally, I am currently still a Pegasus customer in the process of changing over, and that could happen any time between today and the end of August. I had read that only actual Directv customers can use this HD TIVO, is that true?

Thanks to anyone with answers to any of my questions. I think that the HR10-250, at 999.99, is pretty much a bargain. 2 HD receivers, HD TIVO, antenna connection, and only five dollars a month more on your directv bill for all the TIVO services. If bought separate 2 decent HD receivers would be1200, and an SA TIVO 400, if you could get one. I only mention this because some people think that in a few months you could get this machine for 300-400 dollars.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

1: It doesn't matter, as it directly records the received digital bitstream.

2:The HD Tivo receives and decodes the HDTV, so don't know where you are going there.

3: Put your season passes on the HD Tivo, or keep the RCA set up for the SA Tivo.

4: I don't believe there is anything special.

5: Pegasus has no problem with regular DirecTivos, I don't see why not HD DirecTivos.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged