TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> SoftPhone X-Pro by SJLabs <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DBCooper is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DBCooper Find more posts by DBCooper Add DBCooper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DBCooper
Advanced Member

SoftPhone X-Pro by SJLabs

The current Vonage mailing touts SoftPhone, a VoIP application for PCs and Macs. It appears to be a way to use my Vonage phone number on the road. But frankly, after reading the article, reading the stuff at Vonage.com, and reading the material at http://www.sjlabs.com/ I still can't understand enough about this product to know how it works and why I would want it. Why not just carry my ATA 186 on the road? Surely I can't have the same number ring two different places. Or can I?

OK, I'm dense. In plain English, what does this product do and how does it work? And I don't believe I've ever seen a USB interface on a handset or cell phone.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mars Rocket is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mars Rocket Find more posts by Mars Rocket Add Mars Rocket to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mars Rocket
I want ice cream!

I think the point is precisely that you *don't* have to carry your ATA on the road with you. People already take their laptops and PDAs, so the ability to use them as a phone as well means one less thing you need to pack.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

You are right, though - unfortunately Vonage does not allow your phone line to work in both places... if you choose the SoftPhone option, you are assigned a seperate telephone number for that.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

supham is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for supham Find more posts by supham Add supham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supham
Slow Member

But who travels without their cell phone?

shannon

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged