TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> PDA reccomendations? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rangers4me is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rangers4me Find more posts by Rangers4me Add Rangers4me to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rangers4me
The One and Only

PDA reccomendations?

Based on my best buy thread,
anyone have any good recommendations for PDA's with wifi? I would prefer Pocket PC.

Thanks

"Do you have it? GUTS!"

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

We standardized on the HP iPaq 4150. Surprisingly small, and it has built-in WiFi and built-in Bluetooth.

(The 4150 is the business line model; it's identical to the retail-model 4155, with the possible exception of a couple of applications included.)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

davsherm is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for davsherm Find more posts by davsherm Add davsherm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davsherm
Now w/o HD Tivo :(

I have had the 4150 for 4 months now and I really like it. It is small but powerful, and the built in wireless makes it easy to get online quick. I even carry around a few spreadsheets I use alot. I would definitely recommend this model.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mars Rocket is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mars Rocket Find more posts by Mars Rocket Add Mars Rocket to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mars Rocket
I want ice cream!

At this point in time I'd have to say one of the iPaqs is the best bet - 2215, 4155, or 4355, depending on how much you want to spend.

I have a Toshiba e800 and it's the only PPC I would actually use because it has a 480x640 display, built-in WiFi, and it totally rocks for wireless web browsing. But it's not really available any longer.

Last edited by Mars Rocket on 06-29-2004 at 09:33 AM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwjody is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwjody Find more posts by jwjody Add jwjody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwjody
TiVo Forum Special Member

I have the iPaq 2215. I like it. Wish I had reason to use it more often.

J

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged