TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> DirecTivo "searching for satellite" on input 2 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RecordTheJoy is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RecordTheJoy Find more posts by RecordTheJoy Add RecordTheJoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RecordTheJoy

DirecTivo "searching for satellite" on input 2

Just bought a new diredtivo phillips 704 series II and randomly gives a message "searching for sat on input 2, or input 1 if i swap cables. The dish has been working and is working fine with 3 other regular dtv boxes . If I connect the offending cable to a regular dtv receiver it works fine, signal strength is over 98% on a 3 lnb dish with a 6 way box and 6 seperate cables coming from the roof. If I try different combinations of cables it gives the same errors ... HELP .... DTV want to sell me a new dish setup.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarman is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarman Find more posts by tarman Add tarman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarman

The fact that the problem follows the cables when you switched them says the problem IS very likely in the wiring, multi-switch, or dish.

I would first try loosening and re-tightening ALL connectors on the cables. If that doesn't fix it, try switching the two DTivo cables at the multi-switch and see if problem moves at DTivo inputs. If no, probably bad cable. If yes, may be bad multi-switch or a bad output from multi-switch.

Good luck,

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RecordTheJoy is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RecordTheJoy Find more posts by RecordTheJoy Add RecordTheJoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RecordTheJoy

Thanks Tom, I tried all of your suggestions except replacing the actual multi-switch, but it seems to be randomly timed and does it with any combination of cables .. maybe it is the multi-switch, but its fairly new (less than a year) and it is working well on 3 other regular dtv boxes and never shows a problem, even borrowd a high end signal finder and satellite finder and it tests out perfectly . I have a new phillips 704 to try seing as it may be that, but it indicates its external as it happens on input 2 and follows over to input 1 if I swap the cables, but then if I use a different feed for the multi, it goes away immediately only to come back later.

Isn't technology wonderfull ...... can I borrow a club ....

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RecordTheJoy is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 06:49 AM
RecordTheJoy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoh ... my brother just came down off the roof with wet hands .... he said the multi-switch is full of water .... aha .... maybe we have a handle on this now ... I'll let you know in a few.
Thanks for your help guys .... anyone got a miniature umbrella .....

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged