TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> "Enter" vs. "Display" in pulling up Guide Options <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Lee is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Lee Find more posts by Bob Lee Add Bob Lee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Lee

Post "Enter" vs. "Display" in pulling up Guide Options

I own 2 Philips DSR6000 D-Tivo's, and each is currently running the production release of 2.5 (upgrade from N12, and previous to that from N11). One thing odd that I've noticed is that when pulling up the programming guide, one of the D-Tivo's says to use the "enter" key to pull up Guide Options, and the other says to use "display". Any idea what accounts for the difference, and if there's any way to change the key used so that I can be consistent between my 2 units (I prefer "enter")? The only difference between the units is that the one that uses "enter" is configured with dual-tuner support.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brianp6621 is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 02:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brianp6621 Find more posts by brianp6621 Add brianp6621 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brianp6621

My DSR6000 running full release of 2.5 configured for dual tuners will only bring up the guide options with the display button and that is what the guide says to use...

------------------
DSR6000R01 Direc<FONT COLOR="red">T</FONT c><FONT COLOR="green">i</FONT c><FONT COLOR="orange">V</FONT c><FONT COLOR="purple">o</FONT c> upgraded to 88 hours
HDR112 dust collector

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2001 06:21 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VikingCoder

Don't remember where I saw this but I believe that it will use the one that it sees 1st after the box is rebooted.

So if you want to use Enter just restart your box and press Enter while the On screen guide is displayed.

Mike

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 09-04-2001 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

The difference lies in the software being to recognize which remote it's trying to see.. The standalone remote's don't have a "Display" key, so if you use a standalone remote, it'll say "Enter" there. Actually, since the codes are the same for most of the buttons, it will recognize some buttons it sees after reboot as being on the standalone remote and configure accordingly. Use the display button and you'll get the "Display" message. Use the "Enter" button and you'll get the "Enter" message. A reboot may be required for it to recognize whichever one you use.

------------------
<FONT size="1">All comments made in this post are my opinion and my opinion alone. Deal with it.
Otto, Zen TiVo Master - Moderator - AVS Tivo Forums - Tivo Underground, Tivo Coffee House
"The way of the portable computer user is as a stony path strewn with plugs and sockets, all the wrong size..." -- Terry Pratchett</FONT s>

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brianp6621 is offline Old Post 09-04-2001 01:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brianp6621 Find more posts by brianp6621 Add brianp6621 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brianp6621

Aah yes, I had forgotten all about that..

------------------
DSR6000R01 Direc<FONT COLOR="red">T</FONT c><FONT COLOR="green">i</FONT c><FONT COLOR="orange">V</FONT c><FONT COLOR="purple">o</FONT c> upgraded to 88 hours
HDR112 dust collector

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kash76 is offline Old Post 09-04-2001 06:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kash76 Visit Kash76's homepage! Find more posts by Kash76 Add Kash76 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kash76
Live TV?

Did you get in on the 'test batch' or have you gotten the update since then??

------------------
Kash76

Sony SAT-T60
Hughes E45

www.keanen.com

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DJRobX is offline Old Post 11-24-2001 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRobX Find more posts by DJRobX Add DJRobX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJRobX
{E2D9AA00-11F2-4F...

The DirecTiVo is not the only one that can get confused about it's identity. I have a Philips SA TiVo that now thinks its a DirecTiVo (asks to press Display for guide options), while the DirecTiVo that sits under it asks to press Enter!

-- Rob

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged