TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> "Channels Received" not working <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RobertHayden is offline Old Post 12-02-2001 05:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobertHayden Find more posts by RobertHayden Add RobertHayden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobertHayden

Thumbs down "Channels Received" not working

Lately, I've noticed my "channels Received" filter is not filtering. A lot of channels that are dark leak through both on my schedule (where wishlists happily record a blank image) as well as in casual channel surfing.

This doesn't bother me on PPV channels since I won't casually get them recorded, but it's very annoying for other channels.

Is there anything you need to do to re-initialize the directory or something, short of rebooting the unit and hoping that fixes the problem.

------------------
-=-=-=-=-
DTivo - 146hrs
-=-=-=-=-

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

willardcpa is offline Old Post 12-02-2001 05:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for willardcpa Find more posts by willardcpa Add willardcpa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Your tivo is working fine. The fault lays with DTV whenever they add a new channel it makes it into your lineup. You need to go into the DirecTV menu/customize channels/channels you recieve, and manually delete them one by one. Kind a pain - but blame DTV, they are doing it. Seems like almost weekly I have to go in and delete some "sprots pak" channels.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2001 05:54 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rax

I can only speak for my personal system (DSR6000), but I had to manually remove channels from the list to make the unit ignore them. It doesnt automagically sort which channels you receive and which you dont.

------------------
Join me on irc.dal.net, #DirecTivo for help and discussion.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnC is offline Old Post 12-02-2001 06:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnC Find more posts by JohnC Add JohnC to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnC
Advanced Member

One way to bypass part of this problem is to build a "Favorites" list of everything that you receive. Of course, you can leave out channels that you might never watch. Then set your Guide to only show Favorites. DirecTV can add all the channels they want, they won't show up in your Favorites list. Tivo will still try to record from channels that you receive even if they aren't in your Favorites list, but at least when you browse the guide, you don't see all those extra channels.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged