TiVo Forum Special Member
Registered: Nov 2000
Location: New Orleans
I don't have a problem at all here with this version of advertising...
For the people opposed to it, consider this:
1) It's not replacing any other menu item on the Tivo Central screen, or causing part of the screen to not be displayed (like the UTV ads do).
2) You don't have to select that menu item, ever.
3) Things like this can only help Tivo.
4) If you do choose to enter the contest, you'll have about a 1 in 250,000 chance of winning a new Lexus.
5) It's better than a pre-Tivo Central Menu popup message, in that you don't have to do anything extra in response to this. (The recent ReplayTV ads would appear after approximately 5 seconds, not 30, and require that you press another button on the remote (the EXIT button) to clear it for an additional 2 minutes).
6) Do you get upset when you see other advertising that you haven't seen before?
7) Note that there were already two other "ads" on Tivo Central... one for Tivo (the Tivo guy at the top), and one for Philips, Sony, or Hughes, depending on the manufacturer of your particular Tivo.
8) Where's the real harm, considering the above points?
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
[This message has been edited by BrettStah (edited 11-12-2001).]
POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator
| IP: Logged