TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> If You DON'T Have 2.0 Read This!!! <<<

Pages (18): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dan203 is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 06:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by seern:
Thanks for giving us this chance again. This is a question, that I hope won't be taken wrong. On the official TiVo site the rollout is said to be in the March-April time frame. How much earlier are we talking about here? Thanks again guys for all your effort at moderating these boards. They have been a great help to me and everyone else who has problems.

When the official rollout begins (could be April 30th, who knows?) Richard said that they will be sending it out in waves of 2000. However he didn't comment on how much time, if any, would be between the waves. During the 1.3 release the waves were a week apart, which would mean the roll could take as long as a year to get to all 100,000-150,000 customers. And even if they did 2000 a day it's going to take about 2-3 months.

Now with the early release on the other hand we're going to be sending it out to 150 members every 4 days. Which means that if 2000 people signup (that's about how many we got last time) we should be finished sending it to everyone on the list in less then two months, which could be before the official rollout even begins.

Dan

------------------
Moderator: TiVo Coffee House, Help Center & Happy Hour
3 Philips TiVos Running 2.0.1

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by mikebridge:
not to nitpick, but isn't it spell commas not comas?

Yeah, yeah!!! I write software, I never said I could spell

Dan

------------------

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AndyK is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyK Find more posts by AndyK Add AndyK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyK
unsatisfied

Thumbs up

Ahhhhh...Feel the love

------------------
Have 2.0.1, will work for hard drives

&gt;Sig space still available, Inquire within.
Ask for Myrna in sales.&lt;

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gpg is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 06:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gpg Find more posts by gpg Add gpg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gpg

Thumbs up

Well this is now the third time I've put myself on the list. I hope the third time's the charm.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 06:21 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IeraseU

Talking

I agree it's a good move to help AVS Forum members get 2.0 early, as we are the big *word of mouth* Tivo evangalists.....I'm glad to see the program continue

------------------
"We are the last generation of people who will remember analog TV.......The Future is HDTV"
SVR-2000 v1.3

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 06:25 AM
Dan203
Cyn-er

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by gpg:
Well this is now the third time I've put myself on the list. I hope the third time's the charm.

You shouldn't have had to sign up again, I kept all the names from Friday!

Dan

------------------

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kibo is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 06:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kibo Find more posts by kibo Add kibo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kibo

Wink

Well there you go screwing us again, Tivo/RB.

Oh, wait. Cut and paste error

Thanks RB et al.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 06:46 AM
gyzmotech

Cool

I guess it's time for me to get off of "lurk" mode and register.

An introduction:
I have had my TiVo since the middle of last year (can't remember the month) and have followed this forum daily. Thanks to all who have helped me enjoy my TiVo even more.
I didn't feel a need to register ... really didn't have much to discuss (until now ..*grin*)

I have a 30hr unit w/2drives ... and didn't know the difference until I started following this board. No problem, I don't plan on hacking it anyway. It works just fine .. no complaints at all.
hmmmmm, I guess if I would have had a "lemon TiVo" you would have heard from me before now :-)

In my work, I install Home Automation and Audio/Video systems and recommend HIGHLY, TiVo to all of my customers. I don't know how many units I'm responsible of being purchased.

As far as 2.0 is concerned, I am content with how 1.3 has been operating and was patient for the roll-out. But, if there is a chance of getting a month or so jump ... I will sign up.

Thanks guys ... I wish every product I bought had a support forum like this.

Dan

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 06:49 AM
jeffreyweb

Thumbs up

Thumbs up Dan, RB, & TiVo!

------------------
TiVo Rocks!
Sony SVR-2000 v1.3

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 07:25 AM
toddfreshman

Smile

Just another HUGH THANK YOU!!!!

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 07:25 AM
marksman

Talking

#*@*&#*@#@

I am flogging myself right now. I straight up did not read all of Dan's post and I went and re-registered again. I feel like such an idiot.

Argh

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 07:26 AM
Robert Heise

Smile

I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the entire Tivo community on this bulletin board. I have not seen another one like it. I have been lurking and have learned not only a great deal about the units out there, but also about a lot of you.

I was one of the "early adopters" and still have my 14 hour unit which I still am impressed with every time I use it. But I am saving my pennies to get a DirecTivo.

Robert

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 07:29 AM
Dan203
Cyn-er

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by marksman:
#*@*?*@#@

I am flogging myself right now. I straight up did not read all of Dan's post and I went and re-registered again. I feel like such an idiot.

No big deal! The software automatically checks for duplicates.

Dan

------------------

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ParrtHd2 is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ParrtHd2 Find more posts by ParrtHd2 Add ParrtHd2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ParrtHd2
~~^~~ FinUp ~~^~~

Talking

Thank you. TiVo Lives!

------------------
~~^~~ Shawn - ParrtHd2@aol.com
Have TiVo, will travel
Philips 1.3

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chroma601 is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chroma601 Find more posts by chroma601 Add chroma601 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chroma601
Advanced Member

Talking

Whoops! Talk about a knee-jerk reaction. I had signed up on Friday, then read that list would not be used, then tonight I saw it was back on again and clicked the link and entered again!

I hope you will overlook my enthusiasm; I didn't mean to enter twice, I just thought Friday's list had been tossed before I finished reading the post and went right to the link.

Begging the forgiveness of the Tivo Gods...

------------------
Running 30 hr Phillips with 1.3

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Pan Chun is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pan Chun Find more posts by Pan Chun Add Pan Chun to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pan Chun
Gone now

quote:
Originally posted by marksman:
#*@*&#*@#@

Argh

Is anyone else picturing "The Chris Farley Show" when reading this line? The SNL skit where a starstruck Farley pedantically interviews big celebrities, then beats himself up for asking stupid questions? "Hey, you remember when you were in Empire Strikes Back and Yoda tells you to go in that cave and Darth Vader's in there, so you have to cut off his head with a light sabre, only it's really YOUR head instead? You remember that?...that was great."

------------------
Help! I'm being held Chinese in a factory cookie prisoner fortune!
(2.0.1.Z15-001-000)

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 07:48 AM
Dawg2

Talking

As somebody who signed up Friday without calling, I'm glad to hear the list is back. Thank you RB & Dan.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 07:48 AM
marksman

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun:
Is anyone else picturing "The Chris Farley Show" when reading this line? The SNL skit where a starstruck Farley pedantically interviews big celebrities, then beats himself up for asking stupid questions? "Hey, you remember when you were in Empire Strikes Back and Yoda tells you to go in that cave and Darth Vader's in there, so you have to cut off his head with a light sabre, only it's really YOUR head instead? You remember that?...that was great."

"I am so stupid"

BTW I am glad to see I am not the only one who did not read all of Dan's post.

[This message has been edited by marksman (edited 02-25-2001).]

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Pan Chun is offline Old Post 02-26-2001 07:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pan Chun Find more posts by Pan Chun Add Pan Chun to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pan Chun
Gone now

Yeah! That's the one! Funny stuff! I miss him.

------------------
Help! I'm being held Chinese in a factory cookie prisoner fortune!
(2.0.1.Z15-001-000)

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2001 08:27 AM
jjjones

Cool! I can't wait!!

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged