TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> TiVolutionary...Unemployed Geek <<<

Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kaokulk is offline Old Post 05-11-2002 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaokulk Find more posts by Kaokulk Add Kaokulk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaokulk

TiVolutionary...Unemployed Geek

Did I miss something? What's up with RB's new sig?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 05-11-2002 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rasheed Find more posts by rasheed Add rasheed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rasheed
Advanced Member

I don't know what it means either...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

John494900 is offline Old Post 05-11-2002 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for John494900 Find more posts by John494900 Add John494900 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John494900
TiVo Fanboy

???

3.0 - Philips 30 hour
4.0 - 80 Hour TiVo w/ HMO

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Philosofy is offline Old Post 05-11-2002 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Philosofy Find more posts by Philosofy Add Philosofy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Richard, what's going on? Will we have to call TiVo on Monday and ask for you to find out?

The voices in my head are screaming.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

d_anders is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for d_anders Find more posts by d_anders Add d_anders to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d_anders

At the time I checked, his profile notes that his last post was on:
05-06-2002 01:24 PM

So it's been quiet for 5-6 days so far...very odd for him, so something is definitely up...

I hope either he or someone from TiVo will post some type of update. Until then, it's not fair to him to start speculating what happened.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hsfjr is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hsfjr Find more posts by hsfjr Add hsfjr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hsfjr
(no subject)

Last night the userid was "JustRichard" with the "Unemployed Geek" where it is now... this morning the userid changed back...

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mwarner is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mwarner Find more posts by mwarner Add mwarner to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mwarner

^bump^ [with concern]

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

biker is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for biker Find more posts by biker Add biker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biker
Advanced Member

huh

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SuperRob is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SuperRob Visit SuperRob's homepage! Find more posts by SuperRob Add SuperRob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SuperRob
TiVolution Army

If Richard was let go, than TiVo has made a huge mistake. Richard's approachability and candor is a big reason why I own (and love) a TiVo.

Hopefully, this is nothing more than Richard deciding to move on to bigger or better things. I'd hate to think TiVo would get rid of one of the best resources they have (had).

Best wishes to you, Richard. That invitation for Dinner is still open next time you're in Seattle.

223 Hr. Series|2 TiVo
87 Hr. DSR7000 DirecTiVo

The Revolution will be Televised.
I'm just watching it on a 30 minute delay.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tj is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tj Find more posts by tj Add tj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tj
Just a kid

quote:
Originally posted by SuperRob
If Richard was let go, than TiVo has made a huge mistake. Richard's approachability and candor is a big reason why I own (and love) a TiVo.

Hopefully, this is nothing more than Richard deciding to move on to bigger or better things. I'd hate to think TiVo would get rid of one of the best resources they have (had).

Best wishes to you, Richard.

Amen to that, brother!

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DrStrange is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DrStrange Visit DrStrange's homepage! Find more posts by DrStrange Add DrStrange to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DrStrange
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by SuperRob
If Richard was let go, than TiVo has made a huge mistake.

More than that, it'd be a big sign of badness IMO. This isn't the only place RB is the voice of Tivo. He's been quoted in trade pubs and whatnot, so his termination would be noticed, and possibly reported outside the forum. Letting such a visible person go would smell of fiscal desperation.
quote:
Hopefully, this is nothing more than Richard deciding to move on to bigger or better things.

Except then he wouldn't be unemployed, would he?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomjul629 is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomjul629 Find more posts by tomjul629 Add tomjul629 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomjul629

any news yet?

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Pan Chun is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pan Chun Find more posts by Pan Chun Add Pan Chun to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pan Chun
Gone now

This was the last known post (5/6). Let's hope for the best!

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Philosofy is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Philosofy Find more posts by Philosofy Add Philosofy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Just a thought, and please don't act on this until we have more information. If we think Richard has been wronged, we could always boycott the help forum.

The voices in my head are screaming.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bareyb is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bareyb Find more posts by bareyb Add bareyb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bareyb
Digital Shirt Maker

What's the address of that webcam that is in Richards Office at TiVo inc? If he were no longer there it would show that no?

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DrStrange is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DrStrange Visit DrStrange's homepage! Find more posts by DrStrange Add DrStrange to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DrStrange
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Philosofy
If we think Richard has been wronged, we could always boycott the help forum.

I doubt that would help. As I said, I think Richard is/was too prominent to let go lightly. If he was let go they probably had some reason too substantial to be swayed by our whining.

Boycotting the help forum would inconvenience Tivo users more than it would Tivo, and whatever the situation is with Richard Tivo still needs all the help it can get, especially if Richard was let go for financial reasons.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnJr Find more posts by JohnJr Add JohnJr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

His desk is still a mess... http://www.bullwinkle.org/chair/

Unemployed geek == Employed Tivolutionary?

-John

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Guyy is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Guyy Visit Guyy's homepage! Find more posts by Guyy Add Guyy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Guyy
Advanced Member

RB could have just quit Tivo, maybe he wanted to do something else. Tivo would be nuts to let him, and if he did quit I'm sure Tivo would be trying to get him back!

Of course maybe he was let go, it would not be the first time a startup did something stupid!

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bareyb is offline Old Post 05-12-2002 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bareyb Find more posts by bareyb Add bareyb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bareyb
Digital Shirt Maker

quote:
Originally posted by bareyb
What's the address of that webcam that is in Richards Office at TiVo inc? If he were no longer there it would show that no?

Well. According to this the man is at his desk working today... According to that website Richard is right now working at his desk at TiVo HQ in Alviso. Probably with a slight case of "burning ears".
None of this means anything as whether he is still working there or not. FWIW, I emailed Richard at TiVo and the email was rejected as "user unknown"... So that doesn't look too good.

Last edited by bareyb on 05-12-2002 at 02:43 AM

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2002 02:31 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gizmoaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Guyy
RB could have just quit Tivo, maybe he wanted to do something else. Tivo would be nuts to let him, and if he did quit I'm sure Tivo would be trying to get him back!

Of course maybe he was let go, it would not be the first time a startup did something stupid!

Yes. I definetly think you are on to something with this one.

A) Maybe he quit.
B) If A) is so, surely they are trying to get him back.
C) Maybe he was fired.

If we could just narrow it down!

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged