TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Feng Shui, Sheryl Crow, and Best buy. <<<

Pages (12): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tiglore is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tiglore Find more posts by tiglore Add tiglore to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tiglore

Talking Feng Shui, Sheryl Crow, and Best buy.

It looks like the star is back, this time with a music video "Soak up the sun" and some rather off beat commercials from Bestbuy. As strange as this sounds, I kinda like the idea of media being available on my tivo this way. Granted I would like it in its own dedicated section, so I can pop in when in the mood.

To be honest it could be a great compromise, advertisers could still send us adds ( I suppose tivo could even collect what zip codes watched what adds ) , while we as users would have the option to choose what adds we watch (if any). Personally I would be more then happy to let them collect information this way (providing this is linked only to my zip code and not personal information) . What does everyone think?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Justin526 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 03:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Justin526 Find more posts by Justin526 Add Justin526 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin526
Wonderbread Supreme

My take....

Nice shot but no goal. The video is cool to watch I guess but the feng shui spots are perheps among the lamest I have ever seen. Yikes.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 04:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

Liked the video... I assume that Sheryl was really signing the main melody and not lip-synching. If so, its interesting how much voice she has without really trying.

As for the Feng Shui commericals, I liked the first one (Dragon), but thought the Birds was kinda dumb.

Jeff

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mattnboise is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mattnboise Find more posts by mattnboise Add mattnboise to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattnboise

There is some more Fenq Shui spots that are more inventive and creative. You can also look at these in the Showcases menu as well.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

andyf is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for andyf Visit andyf's homepage! Find more posts by andyf Add andyf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andyf
Long time TiVo user

I see nothing different in Showcases, just the dragon and the bird.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

If you turn on backdoors and use the code: ThumbsDown, ThumbsUp, ThumbsDown, InstantReplay in the Now Playing list, you can see all of them. They are listed under bird, dragon, fish, roomchi, buddha, and chopsticks.

There may be multiple copies of each one as they have been broadcast multiple times to make sure everyone got them. You may not have chopsticks and buddha, I only have one of them but three of the rest.

There's also is "sun" which is the Sheryl Crow Video, but there's also another one called "steve" which is another Sheryl Crow video.

You'll also likely have lots of older ones still hanging around on there, as well as a bunch of trailers from the mucked up Academy Awards show showcase. Anything with a date of 5/xx is meant for this best buy thing.

Last edited by Otto on 05-21-2002 at 10:58 AM

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cary B is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 06:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cary B Find more posts by Cary B Add Cary B to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cary B
It's Good To Be King

I just turned on the TV, and noticed the new Star. We must all be mellowing with age. I figure we should have heard at least 10 or so posts about how everyone is going to get rid of TiVo, how bad the star is, how much it messes up peoples macros on their remotes, etc.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

linh is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 06:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for linh Find more posts by linh Add linh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
linh
TiVo Forum Special Member

What's the backdoor code for 3.0? I see that Tips and Tricks forum has closed.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnJr Find more posts by JohnJr Add JohnJr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

Linhpham2,

The thread was moved to the underground. See;

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...40&pagenumber=1

-John

Last edited by JohnJr on 05-21-2002 at 07:10 AM

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 07:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Darn, I was hoping that the other thread (that was started first) was going to be fun with the words and the puns and the fung hwey!

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spanishannouncetable is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 07:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spanishannouncetable Visit spanishannouncetable's homepage! Find more posts by spanishannouncetable Add spanishannouncetable to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spanishannouncetable
This space for rent

Location: Mount Airy, NC (better known as Mayberry - yes, THAT Mayberry)

I don't want a pony, or a moose.
I want a crow - Sheryl Crow

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 07:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnJr Find more posts by JohnJr Add JohnJr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

Darn, am I missing fun, Huey?

-John

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cancermatt is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cancermatt Find more posts by cancermatt Add cancermatt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancermatt
Old-School Lurker

Question Is it possible to delete S. Crow & Commercials?

Hi guys, first-time post here, I've been a regular reader to this post after a tivo representative actually told me of this site and I've had my 20 hr. tivo for about 2 months now and loving every minute of it!

Is this Star business just beginning or ending? I kinda like the the forum to see a "preview" special from tivo and (insert the blank) sponsor.

One question, though. After watching them and being through with it, how do you delete it? Surely they are taking up valuable hard drive space that could otherwise be used for recording, or does it?

Thanks guys!

Matt

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scooterboy is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scooterboy Find more posts by scooterboy Add scooterboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scooterboy
Tastes like chicken.

quote:
Originally posted by cheerdude
Liked the video... I assume that Sheryl was really signing the main melody and not lip-synching. If so, its interesting how much voice she has without really trying.
Jeff

Wishful thinking. She was definitely lip-syncing.

Hey, that rhymes! With this kind of talent with words, I should be Inklinking...

"It's hard for scooterboy to be humble because he's perfect in every way. " - Thaed

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Romera is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Romera Find more posts by Romera Add Romera to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Romera

quote:
Originally posted by Otto
If you turn on backdoors and use the code: ThumbsUp, ThumbsDown, ThumbsUp, InstantReplay in the Now Playing list, you can see all of them.

err. . . just wanted to point out that the code is backwards or upside down. It should be Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Instant Replay. Took me a while to figure out what I was doing wrong, and than I had to check the codes thread.

Steve

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

Doh. My mistake. Fixed.

cancermatt: No, it's not taking up any space. There's space set aside on the unit specifically for these promotions. Has been for a long time. So any of them are not included in the 30 hrs (or whatever you have). And they'll go away after a while by themselves.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 11:11 AM
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

Hi cancermatt and welcome to the TiVolution!

Like Otto said, you can't delete this sort of stuff. You can however fairly succesfully ignore it. It's just beginning, to answer your other question.

-John

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Xaa is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 01:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xaa Find more posts by Xaa Add Xaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xaa

Liked it. The Feng Shui stuff wasn't good, but I watched it which is what they're after.

The Sheryl Crow video was fine. Unintrusive advertising that I choose to watch. That's they way Tivo.

Xaa

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 04:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222

quote:
Originally posted by Otto
Doh. My mistake. Fixed.

cancermatt: No, it's not taking up any space. There's space set aside on the unit specifically for these promotions. Has been for a long time. So any of them are not included in the 30 hrs (or whatever you have). And they'll go away after a while by themselves.

Along with the Academy Awards interview with Coppolla, this is the ONLY other time I've had VIDEO stuff stored on my TiVo.

But I have an unhacked 14hour TiVo that supposedly has NO reserve space.

Where is TiVo putting this stuff?

(I did not get the Academy Awards Trailers)

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 05:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

I didn't get the trailers either... at least not showing up in the TiVo Main Menu or Showcases.

I DID get them though... just noticed them via the backdoors code (Thanks UnderGround).

One question about backdoors... I've activated it to look at the clips. Is there any reason to de-activate it ? Like... can a seemingly random button punch of the remote result in my TiVo dying on me?

Please visit my Personal Page to learn more and to donate online. 100% of your donation is Tax Deductible.
If you wish to donate via check, please either PM or email me for information.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged