TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Feng Shui, Sheryl Crow, and Best buy. <<<

Pages (12): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Agent86 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 07:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Agent86 Find more posts by Agent86 Add Agent86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Agent86

I thought the whole thing was pretty cool. It didn't really get in the way of anything, and I watched the ads when I had a spare minute.

I hope this really works out for TiVo and Best Buy.

- Agent 86

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike Lang is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Lang Find more posts by Mike Lang Add Mike Lang to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Lang
Super Moderator

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by FlashingTwelve on 3-18-2002 10:59am
I've been a tivo owner for 2.5years. If I get spammed again, thats the end. I put up with it once, then twice, and pushed all those PTCMs away. One more yellow star and it will be no more Tivo for me. Someone joked that tivo must be "quaking in their boots" to hear that one little owner will quit. Frankly, they should.

I wonder how much he's selling them for?

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CoosCoos is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CoosCoos Find more posts by CoosCoos Add CoosCoos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoosCoos

Liked it. I hope it works out and TiVo makes boatloads of money. I even made sure to do an instant reply or two when watching the commercials in case TiVo is sending Best Buy the remote click logs.

Best Buy Exec: "Hey, some guy in Maryland actually did an INSTANT REPLY on the dragon commercial. Hey, that's SO COOL!"

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 08:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

quote:
Originally posted by cwoody222
Along with the Academy Awards interview with Coppolla, this is the ONLY other time I've had VIDEO stuff stored on my TiVo.

But I have an unhacked 14hour TiVo that supposedly has NO reserve space.

I don't know where you got the idea that it has no reserved space. It just doesn't have as much reserve as, say, a 30 hr unit.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TomK is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TomK Find more posts by TomK Add TomK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomK

quote:
Originally posted by spanishannouncetable
I don't want a pony, or a moose.
I want a crow - Sheryl Crow

Speaking of Sheryl Crow, did you see her photos in Stuff magazine? I think this is work safe.

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/sex/girls/sheryl_crow.html

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

modnar is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for modnar Find more posts by modnar Add modnar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
modnar

Hmm... I did the code to see if my 14 hour had actually recorded any of the clips (no yellow star or Showcase), and it just rebooted.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

personal92082 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for personal92082 Find more posts by personal92082 Add personal92082 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
personal92082
Ask me. I know.

Angry What do you mean I can't delete it? It's MY Tivo.

Tivo, I hate Sheryl Crow. About the only thing I hate more than Sheryl Crow is the surprise revelation that Tivo sends its customers commericial programming without the option of deleting it.

That's not business. That's skank.

John

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

personal92082 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for personal92082 Find more posts by personal92082 Add personal92082 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
personal92082
Ask me. I know.

Angry What do you mean I can't delete it? It's MY Tivo.

Tivo,

I hate Sheryl Crow. The only thing I hate more than Sheryl Crow is being force fed commercial programming without the option of deleting it from my unit.

That's not business. That's skank.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dr Buck is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Buck Find more posts by Dr Buck Add Dr Buck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dr Buck

SPAM on my TIVO? I dont think so!

Thats just great! we get junk mail. we get spam in our E-mail, we get calls from phone solicitors in the middle of dinner. Now we get spam on our Tivo too. I'm Sick of SPAM! what are thease guys at tivo thinking? as if we dont see enough commercials. That " bowflex " commercial has got to be the worst! its on every channel atleast 500 times a day. and Spam on my tivo has got to go. i paid for a life sub to tivo. Not tivo commercial-cenetr. Ive even called them and ask to be taken off the spaming list. but to no avail. I still get junk mail on my tivo. I'm sick of it! If i wanted to see Cheryl Crow id go to VH-1. If you think spamming of tivo SUX, Then lemmy know what you think! Dr Buck.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jlb is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlb Find more posts by jlb Add jlb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlb

Personally, I really liked her cover of Sweet Child of Mine

Kate (5 yrs), why do we pause live TV? Because we can Daddy!

The SA TiVO owners motto: Any TiVO is better than no TiVO!

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

Uhh, yeah.

Settle down, it's just TV, you'll live.

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Damian is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Damian Find more posts by Damian Add Damian to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Damian
Mmmm, pie!

Re: SPAM on my TIVO? I dont think so!

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Buck
If you think spamming of tivo SUX, Then lemmy know what you think!

So if we don't think it sucks you don't want opinions?
Anyway, you're obviously new here. Take it to the Coffee House, it's all been said before.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

revdre is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for revdre Find more posts by revdre Add revdre to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revdre

spam?

You don't have to watch it.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Guyy is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Guyy Visit Guyy's homepage! Find more posts by Guyy Add Guyy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Guyy
Advanced Member

Well they ae not spaming you, how many emails do you gt from Tivo? I get about one a month telling me what's new. I never go home and have 50 emails from Tivo about how to get rich quick! Also you can opt out on the Tivo site if you want too.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DJRobX is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRobX Find more posts by DJRobX Add DJRobX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJRobX
{E2D9AA00-11F2-4F...

I like the Sheryl Crow video. If she was lip synching, they mixed it in with some parts that weren't, or at least with a track that wasn't the studio copy of the song.

I don't like that I can't get rid of the star when I'm finished looking at it, though. If this is as bad as the ads get then it's OK for me. I'll reserve concern for the day they start putting ads in other locations (hopefully never).

-- Rob

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Max899 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Max899 Find more posts by Max899 Add Max899 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Max899

Angry Tivo goes over the line...

Folks,

I'm surprised to see that you folks are not outraged about Tivo FORCING commercial content onto our Tivo hard drive WITHOUT our permission or consent.

It states in the Tivo Service Agreement:
"We Don't Control the Nature of Television! The Tivo Service gives you the ability to see and record televised programs over which Tivo exercises no editorial or programming control ("Third Party Content"). You understand that (a) Tivo does not guarantee the access to or recording of any particular program, (b) programming is not under Tivo's control, (c) Tivo is not responsible for and has no editorial control over any Third Party Content, and (d) Tivo has no control over the distribution of programs... "

OK, well I never chose to receive or record any crappy Sheryl Crow videos sponsored by Best Buy. They even took the time to add a link to the Main Screen to get you to pay attention to this commercial! And that's what it is - a commercial. This is a direct violation of the Service Agreement and it simply cannot continue.

I contacted both Tivo and Best Buy corporate management and very politely and respectfully voiced my opposition to this breach of contract and impressed upon them the severity of this action. I told both companies what a HUGE fan I am of their companies and how confused I was to see them take such a step. I also stressed that I wanted to politely voice my complaint and hope that they will see the mistake they have made.

Remember TivoTakes? You had to CHOOSE to record that program and it was totally a promotional piece about programming content that certain broadcasters wanted to you watch. Well, they could do the same thing with these commercials. It's fine to create this new sales and marketing channel, but make sure that I CHOOSE to receive it!

Surely I’m not the only one who realizes the magnitude of this event. I urge you to very politely and respectfully voice any concerns that you have to both companies - for everyone’s benefit.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Max899 is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Max899 Find more posts by Max899 Add Max899 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Max899

Angry Tivo Goes Too Far

Folks,

I'm surprised to see that you folks are not outraged about Tivo FORCING commercial content onto our Tivo hard drive WITHOUT our permission or consent.

It states in the Tivo Service Agreement:
"We Don't Control the Nature of Television! The Tivo Service gives you the ability to see and record televised programs over which Tivo exercises no editorial or programming control ("Third Party Content"). You understand that (a) Tivo does not guarantee the access to or recording of any particular program, (b) programming is not under Tivo's control, (c) Tivo is not responsible for and has no editorial control over any Third Party Content, and (d) Tivo has no control over the distribution of programs... "

OK, well I never chose to receive or record any crappy Sheryl Crow videos sponsored by Best Buy. They even took the time to add a link to the Main Screen to get you to pay attention to this commercial! And that's what it is - a commercial. This is a direct violation of the Service Agreement and it simply cannot continue.

I contacted both Tivo and Best Buy corporate management and very politely and respectfully voiced my opposition to this breach of contract and impressed upon them the severity of this action. I told both companies what a HUGE fan I am of their companies and how confused I was to see them take such a step. I also stressed that I wanted to politely voice my complaint and hope that they will see the mistake they have made.

Remember TivoTakes? You had to CHOOSE to record that program and it was totally a promotional piece about programming content that certain broadcasters wanted to you watch. Well, they could do the same thing with these commercials. It's fine to create this new sales and marketing channel, but make sure that I CHOOSE to receive it!

Surely I’m not the only one who realizes the magnitude of this event. I urge you to very politely and respectfully voice any concerns that you have to both companies - for everyone’s benefit.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

walters is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for walters Find more posts by walters Add walters to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walters
TiVo Forum Special Member

You do choose whether to watch it or not, and it doesn't take any of your advertised hard drive space.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

Max: Nobody's forcing you to watch it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Where's the problem?

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dr Buck is offline Old Post 05-21-2002 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Buck Find more posts by Dr Buck Add Dr Buck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dr Buck

I Totaly agree with you max. its getting out of hand when thay record commercials for you to see, and at your expence too i might add.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged