TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> 24- Season Finale (Spoilers Within)...... <<<

Pages (6): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
loubob57 is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loubob57 Find more posts by loubob57 Add loubob57 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loubob57
TiVo Forum Special Member

It looked to me like Teri was shot in the heart. Most of the blood is going to run down (can't fight gravity) so it made her stomach area look all bloody. But I was pretty sure the bullet hole was in the chest.

And I loved Jack emptying the gun into Victor Drazen. Finally get rid of this thorn in your side!

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rkcarter is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rkcarter Find more posts by rkcarter Add rkcarter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rkcarter
Rick- Vorlon wannabe

I was thinking a lot about the location of the shot that killed Terri. Don't know how well the writers do with subconscious stuff, and how it dovetails with TV mores, etc.

On a TV level, it's less gory to have a shot in the chest. You can just show blood on a shirt, so it's also less expensive to "do." From what little I know too, when TV shows someone get a bullet to the head, they get a clean little hole in the forehead, but I'm told that depending on the gun the damage in real life is much more awful, and awful-looking. In reality though, my guess is that if you want to kill someone fast the head would be ideal, even compared to the heart.

On a surface story level, the stomach shot holds the suspense longer perhaps -- no apparent damage, they can stretch it out further.

If they were doing anything psychological, I did wonder if it meant there was a bit of real bonding -- probably not -- but I've read from profilers that deliberately not messing up the face is a sign of bonding. I didn't think about the reverse viewpoint someone mentioned though -- killing the baby. But I think the blood was higher up.

Hard to say in this case -- the first few hours seemed to do a much better job dramatically, and with more literary tricks and devices. I think the story did great until about hour 9 or 10? About the time when they suddenly dropped all the threads (Jack dropping the real key card on the floor seemed especially clever, suddenly the key card was no longer important anymore though, I felt like that was a dropped ball), the story got relatively weak, jumped the shark with the amnesia thing, then the last few hours got better. But I still think they didn't achieve the great intricacy that was set up in the first few hours.

My guess is they were busy writing it, then once they sold it they got too busy making the show to keep putting the quality into planning the story.

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

QueenBee is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for QueenBee Find more posts by QueenBee Add QueenBee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
QueenBee
STTWPV

Although I hated that stupid Kim through the whole thing, I actually thought she used her head in the last episode (for the first time). But it's pretty hard to believe that just throwing coffee in one guy's face got her out of there. A whole bunch of big scary terrorists couldn't keep track of her?
I also thought that it would be an ending where all the loose ends were tied up, but I LOVED Senator Palmer dumping his nasty wife and hope to hear more about it next year.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdaveler is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdaveler Find more posts by kdaveler Add kdaveler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdaveler
Always Happy Hour!

quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee

I LOVED Senator Palmer dumping his nasty wife and hope to hear more about it next year.

I'm sorry if somebody mentioned this, but I was watching The Larry Sanders show yesterday and I saw her. She was Larry's Secratary. It was just one of those moments.

Ken

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoodSpike is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike

quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee
Although I hated that stupid Kim through the whole thing, I actually thought she used her head in the last episode (for the first time). But it's pretty hard to believe that just throwing coffee in one guy's face got her out of there. A whole bunch of big scary terrorists couldn't keep track of her? .

Especially where she was later all wet and would leave tracks. Victor D's mistake was he hired low quality terrorists at the end. ;-)

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dengel is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dengel Visit dengel's homepage! Find more posts by dengel Add dengel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dengel
Linux or Die!

Considering that Nina (i'd still do her) was standing up when she shot Terri's chair on the back, tha angle would cause an entry would on her back at the chest height but an exit would just above the abdomen. That would explain things a bit, altough I did not see that mucho blood on her back when Jack held her.

d.

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoodSpike is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike

One thing I liked was how Jack went back to get a second gun and more clips after he learned Kim was dead. Before he was only mad enough to have one gun! :-)

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

randyf is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for randyf Find more posts by randyf Add randyf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randyf
*Null*

quote:
Originally posted by loubob57

And I loved Jack emptying the gun into Victor Drazen. Finally get rid of this thorn in your side!

Yes, but now Jack is A MURDERER! and when they review the satellite photos of the area, they will see that he was a coward, and emptied his clip into an unarmed man that posed no immediate threat to him!

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mabes is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mabes Visit Mabes's homepage! Find more posts by Mabes Add Mabes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mabes
Midnight Man

And I loved that they used the final cliche in the book - Drazen running out of bullets at the last second.

Actually, they didn't use the final cliche, that would be Drazen throwing his gun at Jack. But they can have someone do that next year.

But I kid 24! Overall it was a very exciting, entertaining show. Sure, there were a few holes and a lot of cliches, but it can't be easy coming up with new plot twists and suspensful endings week after week (yes I know it's their job but let's give them credit for what was good which was a lot) and as someone said, maybe next year they'll have a full year comittment and more time to write.

I will definitely be watching. And by the way, has anyone really commented on what an excellent acting job Keifer has done.

Read my <a href="http://theworldismyashtray.typepad.com/" target="_blank">blog</a>

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

quote:
Originally posted by randyf
Yes, but now Jack is A MURDERER! and when they review the satellite photos of the area, they will see that he was a coward, and emptied his clip into an unarmed man that posed no immediate threat to him!

Didn't you see Victors right arm move just before Jack shot him? He was obviously going for another gun. Or maybe he had a throwing knife up his sleeve.

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CoosCoos is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CoosCoos Find more posts by CoosCoos Add CoosCoos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoosCoos

quote:
Yes, but now Jack is A MURDERER!
Victor Drazen was already a dead man. Jack had 'killed' him two years before this, remember? He didn't exist.

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bdub is offline Old Post 05-23-2002 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bdub Visit bdub's homepage! Find more posts by bdub Add bdub to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bdub

quote:
Considering that Nina (i'd still do her) was standing up when she shot Terri's chair on the back, tha angle would cause an entry would on her back at the chest height but an exit would just above the abdomen. That would explain things a bit, altough I did not see that mucho blood on her back when Jack held her.
Dengel, you beat me to it. The camera cut away for only a few seconds between the time Nina positioned Teri in the chair and the time Nina poked her head out the door, and this is supposed to be real-time, remember. Teri had to have been shot in the back, not the abdomen. The blood from the entrance wound between her shoulderblades can be seen when Jack is holding her. And exit wounds are almost always bloodier/messier than entrance wounds.

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jbalfour is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 02:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jbalfour Find more posts by jbalfour Add jbalfour to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jbalfour

quote:

It would seem that a crime unit so advanced could afford.

1. A cellphone for Jack that vibrates so as not to alert EVERYONE around him that he is there (what happened to his earpiece he used earlier ?)

That was really bugging me. I guess the writers couldn't come up with a way to show that the phone had rung without confusing viewers.

quote:
2. A few more Video cameras around CTU HQ, with guards actually watching them so that people can't "stun gun" and murder others and not be detected until Way after the fact.

At that point Tony and Nina had cut all the cameras to that room, so that any moles at CTU would still think she was dead. I'm not sure how it got recorded. I guess they just bypassed the cameras, but left them recording.

quote:
3. Radios to communicate with security staff so that a mole agent can be stopped BEFORE killing TWO armed guards, and exiting through a myriad of unlocked doors. Sheesh if Jack wasn't coming in at the exact moment, Nina would be in Munich by now!

In spite of that, I LOVED the show!

almost as much as the part in the Boston Public Finale where they did something memorable that would be a spoiler if I typed it here, but since I haven't seen it yet I can't anyway!

I enjoyed the first half more than the last half. I think next year we will find out Palmer is behind the whole thing.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

keyzersoce is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for keyzersoce Find more posts by keyzersoce Add keyzersoce to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keyzersoce

FX is listing a repeat of the season finale tonight at 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm for satellite.
And as far as Teri being dead or not:

_Hope Takes '24' Death in Stride
Thu, May 23, 2002 01:06 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Dead men -- and women -- may tell no tales, but they can apparently shed a tear.

That's what Leslie Hope did in shooting the final scene in the season finale of "24," in which counter-terrorism agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) discovers that his wife, Teri (Hope), has been killed by double agent Nina Myers (Sarah Clarke).

As Jack cradles Teri's body, Hope couldn't help shedding a tear, she tells the Toronto Star.

"Was he not awesome?" Hope says of Sutherland. "I have to tell you, he was so terrific that in that last scene, when he's holding my head and he's breaking down, that I actually started to cry. I'm supposed to be dead, and the tears are just streaming down my face."

Hope says she knew for several weeks that her character would die, but the show's producers swore her to secrecy. "I'm so glad it's over," she says. "I've been lying to journalists for six weeks."

It also created a dilemma when she talked with friends who were happy to hear FOX is bringing back "24" for a second season. "It's been incredibly frustrating," she says. "People are like, 'Hey, I hear you've been picked up!' And I'm, 'Well, yeah ...' "

The show will keep its serial format next season, with each hourlong episode representing one hour of a day. Hope has heard scuttlebutt on the next day's story, but in keeping with "24's" suspenseful tone, won't say anything for sure.

"What I've heard is they want to move it a few months forward, with a story about Kiefer and the president, as played by Dennis Haysbert," she says. "I don't know if I should say that. I'm not sure that's official."

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dusty is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 08:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dusty Find more posts by Dusty Add Dusty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dusty
Yellow

quote:
Originally posted by smak
When the lady on the phone said something like "Destroy all evidence of who you work for" Nina looked directly at Terri, so we knew she knew Terry had to die

Actually, what she said was more along the lines of "Destroy all evidence of Germany" Since Nina had just said to the woman on the phone "why Germany..." in front of Terry, she knew she had to kill her, or else Terry would tell where she went. I figured that before that, Nina was planning on leaving her alive, as she wasn't a threat, yet, hence the tying her up. Otherwise, yes, she would have just offed her to begin with.

I liked the series, and will watch again next year. My husband only saw about 3 eps before tonight, but still liked the final.

"It's never too late to start something good" - JamesB

Normally I don't go for political jokes...too many of them are being elected. -- Bob Hope

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CoosCoos is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CoosCoos Find more posts by CoosCoos Add CoosCoos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoosCoos

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty68
Actually, what she said was more along the lines of "Destroy all evidence of Germany" Since Nina had just said to the woman on the phone "why Germany..." in front of Terry, she knew she had to kill her, or else Terry would tell where she went. I figured that before that, Nina was planning on leaving her alive, as she wasn't a threat, yet, hence the tying her up. Otherwise, yes, she would have just offed her to begin with.
That's the idea, but there were actually two parts. First they said "destroy all evidence" and Nina said something along the lines of "I know what to do". They she got off the phone and Terri asked her about speaking German, and Nina she made up something about working in Hamburg once (which is probably true and where she was compromised). Then she got on the phone with the person again and she said "make sure no one can tie you to Germany". She glanced at Terri and I turned to my wife and said "oops, now she has to kill her and they can't cop out on it."

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

randyf is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 09:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for randyf Find more posts by randyf Add randyf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randyf
*Null*

quote:
Originally posted by CoosCoos
Victor Drazen was already a dead man. Jack had 'killed' him two years before this, remember? He didn't exist.

Yeah? then who's eyes were the buzzards picking out the next morning on the beach

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vertigo235 is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo235 Visit vertigo235's homepage! Find more posts by vertigo235 Add vertigo235 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vertigo235
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by CoosCoos

Yeah, the way I see it... Jack was just finishing the job he was supose to do 2 years ago. Right?

http://www.lnyc.org/

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

justapixel is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 01:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for justapixel Find more posts by justapixel Add justapixel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justapixel
TiVo Mama

I finally saw it......

quote:
Originally posted by keyzersoce
And as far as Teri being dead or not:

<snip for brevity>

Hope says she knew for several weeks that her character would die, but the show's producers swore her to secrecy. "I'm so glad it's over," she says. "I've been lying to journalists for six weeks."

Since this actress has already admitted lying to the press, I think it can be pointed out that even she didn't know the ending. They filmed three different ones, and the actors were never told which one would air. They saw it like the rest of us.

I would be interested in a DVD with all the alternate endings, but I don't think it got high enough ratings to put one out, sadly. I hope I'm wrong.

We saw Nina shoot everybody else, but not Teri, and it does seem like if you have somebody tied up, sitting down and facing a wall, you'd be more likely to aim for their head. Maybe that's just me.

All that said, I doubt Teri will be back next season. Revenge is a wonderful way to get story lines, and Jack has to revenge his wife's and baby's deaths now. Of course, with her being shot in the stomach and not the head, I suppose it could turn out that just the baby died.....

I love 24, I'm amazed at all of you who were unable to suspend your disbelief for this show. A season full of cliff-hangers and guessing games is great TV - Survivor without the reality.

Next season they won't do the show in hour long bits, I believe each episode will be 24 hours? I think we'll see more of the election, with Palmer's wife (that b*tch) wreaking all sorts of havoc. Jack will want revenge for his wife's death and will go after whoever it is that Nina is working for (and maybe her.)

Will the daughter try and restart her romance with the kidnapper? I hope not, that would leave a sour taste.

Anyway, some satisfying television. I wish I hadn't watched it on FX because I was always a week behind and didn't read any threads about it.....

I'm eclectic.

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

Ann,

According to Leslie Hope, her character is definitely dead. Granted, that doesn't mean that she won't be doing any flashback/dream sequence shots.... but who knows.

As for the episodes, Fox has announced that the format for Season 2 will be the same as Season 1 - 24 episodes around the day in the life of ....

As for the shooting of Teri - I think that the directors cut away on Nina shooting Teri on purpose. I think that this section is where the 3 alternate endings come in. Maybe Teri and Nina were gonna have a cat fight... struggling for the gun. Who knows... but as you said; if Fox does a DVD on 24 (PLEASE !), I also hope that the alternate endings are shown.

Jeff

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged