TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> 24- Season Finale (Spoilers Within)...... <<<

Pages (6): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dgilbert is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dgilbert Find more posts by dgilbert Add dgilbert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dgilbert

quote:
Originally posted by AndyK
And the daughter lived? Boy, am I pissed!

Oh man, I think this episode lowered my IQ 300 points, stupid plot, stupid people and I'm feeling a bit stupid for watching the whole thing.

Lets make Jack come to us, and when he does, run away

Good thing none of the people that Nina passed in the back halls thought nothing of her talking in hushed tones on a cell phone, not to mention all the security cameras

Talk German when it matters and English when it doesn't

And the hits keep coming! Next season, alien abduction!

I agree on all counts!

I also heard that there were multiple endings filmed and the producers made the final choice the week before the final episode aired.

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

quote:
Originally posted by vman
Another problem I have with Nina being the mole:
<snip>
Now, Nina should have known that Terri was being accompanied by one of Gaines' men who was pretending to be the father.

Of course, many of us have speculated that Gaines didn't know Nina was a mole, which is why he told Jack to kill her. But you'd have to think Nina would be aware of the Gaines plot, at least generally if not all the specifics. So why should she have tried to tell Jack any information on the dead guy?

Not necessarily. Gaines and Nina were both working for the Drazens, but they were working independently. Nina probably knew that Gaines was trying to get Jack to kill Palmer, but she wouldn't know all the people who were in his organization or his detailed plans. Drazen let Gaines operate things until he started screwing up.

On the other hand, it doesn't make sense for Nina to be volunteering information about dead guys to Teri...

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bdub is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bdub Visit bdub's homepage! Find more posts by bdub Add bdub to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bdub

vman & uther,
Nina's choice as the mole is definitely fraught with contradiction, but don't expect to understand or explain the contradictions within the context of the story. The fact is that Fox originally committed to only 13 episodes, and the idea of making Nina a baddie never crossed anyone's mind during production of those first 13 episodes. When the show turned out to be a hit, it occurred to the producers (not the writers) that it would be shocking if Nina turned out to be a mole, and the writers were instructed to pull it off somehow when the final 11 episodes were commissioned. Under the circumstances, I think the writers did a decent job, but they certainly couldn't have covered all their bases, given that they pretty much had to pull the last 11 episodes out of their you-know-whats under a great deal of pressure.

Hopefully, with the entire season outlined before production, season 2 will be a lot tighter with respect to continuity and character development.

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

loopey is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loopey Find more posts by loopey Add loopey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loopey

Do you remember the last episode where Nina said if she lied to Jack about his daughter being dead she would blow her cover? I think she gave Jack the information early on because she was mainly there for information and if she lied or with held information she was going to be discovered.

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vman is offline Old Post 06-01-2002 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vman Find more posts by vman Add vman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vman

quote:
Originally posted by Uther

On the other hand, it doesn't make sense for Nina to be volunteering information about dead guys to Teri...

Uther, loopey:

I totally agree with the above (after re-reading my post, I realize I didn't make this point clear). While perhaps Nina would need to pass this info on to Jack to avoid blowing her cover, she definitely doesn't have to go telling Teri anything!

bdub: I was aware of the circumstances surrounding the writing. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy with how things came out. Part of the success of the show for me was the excellent plot (at least early on). To simply make things up as they go along as they did at the end, regardless of how that corresponded to previous events, was disappointing. I understand the difficulties the writers had, and I agree they did an ok job (but not excellent as earlier). I might have prefered a bit less "dramatic twists" at the end in order to maintain a coherent story line.

I share your hopes that the second season should be better if they are guaranteed a full season of episodes.

[Edited to correct a typo!]

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bdub is offline Old Post 06-02-2002 11:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bdub Visit bdub's homepage! Find more posts by bdub Add bdub to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bdub

Nonsense. I found the second half of the season to be utterly believable -- even the so-called "convenient" amnesia plot device. Far from being a simple contrivance for the convenience of the writers, disassociative amnesia is identified by the Screen Writer's Handbook as the second most common life-changing experience people go through, second only to identity confusion with evil twins.

(In other words, I couldn't agree more, vman. )

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vman is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vman Find more posts by vman Add vman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vman

Wow, you really had me going for a minute there!

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged