TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> 24- Season Finale (Spoilers Within)...... <<<

Pages (6): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cwoody222 is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

Jeez...what an AWFUL episode.

Nina died because, as someone else said...Jack was SHOOTING AT HER during their 'playing chicken' in the parking garage.

Teri died because...Nina killed her for knowing she was, *gasp*, "german". And the whole "oh, I'm not prego but *something's* wrong...but I won't ever know what..."

And the entire Senator...wife...son...phychiatrist...etc. story was all a huge, giant, red herring...

Completely stupid season finale...

I really, really LOVE the concept of the whole 24 hour thing...but I have NO interest in continuing this story whatsoever......

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

avhokie is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for avhokie Find more posts by avhokie Add avhokie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
avhokie
HSCFHS

Great ending. Best show of the season. Can't wait for next season!!!

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixadm is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

Mark my words....

I will bet anything that Teri is NOT dead.....yes, she was shot and bleeding, and Jack was holding her....but no one has checked her pulse....

My guess is that next season, the Parametics will come in, rush her to the hospital and she will live....and my guess is that the baby she was carrying will be lost and they will work on having another.

Nina DID NOT die....yes, she was shot and bleeding, but walked away with CTU agents in cuffs.

Since she was working with the Germans on some secret mission to kill Jack because of what he did in his past, I will bet that that will be part of the story next season....who was Nina working for and why do they want Jack dead....(guess he pissed someone else other than Drazen off in his missions )

And remember...no one is really dead in this show....if they can give Teri Amnesia, then it wouldn't be too surprising if Jack woke up next to Suzanne Pleashette next season and said "Honey, I had the craziest dream"

Of course, I will keep my 24 SP at high priority for next season....it's just so addicting!

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.
If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

OK, repeat after me:

Nina is NOT dead.

Nina never held anything over Teri's mouth (except the black tape). What you saw was the archive video of Nina killing Jamie and making it look like a suicide. A bit of chloroform over the mouth, then slice her wrists with a broken coffee cup.

Teri was shot, apparently through the heart, and is most likely dead. I think Nina is competent enough to kill a woman who is tied to a chair. I also think Jack can tell the difference between a dead wife and an annoying wife.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ehopper is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 11:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ehopper Visit ehopper's homepage! Find more posts by ehopper Add ehopper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ehopper
Out for repairs

quote:
Originally posted by spartanstew
Good series, I enjoyed it. I mentioned in another post that I didn't think they had the balls to kill Harry in Boston Public, and I told my wife the same thing regarding Teri. I'm glad I was wrong on this one. A good show always needs a little death to main characters.
Although I was hoping Tony would be a second mole or something else exciting would happen in the garage, overall I was pleased.

Stew

Well, thanks for the Boston Public SPOILER!!!!

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 11:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TIVO_GUY_HERE Find more posts by TIVO_GUY_HERE Add TIVO_GUY_HERE to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TIVO_GUY_HERE

How did Nina shoot Teri and we not see it, we saw her the whole time she was leaving after she told Teri someone would be back. She didn't shoot her. Also saw Keither (sp?) on 3 different talk shows over the past 2 days, and he said it comes to a COMPLETE end tonight, no cliff hangers what soever, so is she or isnt she is a cliff hanger, so I would guess she is dead. Would make for a better show, when he comes back next year as head of secret Service for President Palmer ( just my guess)

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CoosCoos is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 11:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CoosCoos Find more posts by CoosCoos Add CoosCoos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoosCoos

quote:
Originally posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE
How did Nina shoot Teri and we not see it, we saw her the whole time she was leaving after she told Teri someone would be back.
Hello! You've got a TiVo! REWIND IT!

She's standing behind Terri putting her silencer on. She tells Terri, "Don't worry, someone will find you." Then they cut away to something else in the main office for a few seconds. When they come back Nina has walked out of the room and is looking around. She turns around, closes the door, and takes off.

When Jack finds her she has blood on her midsection. It's not obvious that she's dead, but he seems to indicate so by sobbing away the final few seconds.

They filmed three endings for the show, but this is the final one they chose. Personally, they didn't have to kill her off. So the fact that they chose to means they really wanted it for some reason. Can't figure out why, but I'm glad they didn't cop out. As soon as Nina's cover was blown and she shot the technician lady and Terri found her, I turned to my wife and said "she absolutely positively has to kill Terri". If she didn't, it would have been a cop out.

If they knew they were killing Terri then I think it would have had more impact if, after Jack gives up his gun and hands Nina over, if she said "Terri's dead." That would have had more impact than him running to find her.

Good ending. Now we just need to find out if the actress that plays Terri is contracted for next season!

And Palmer's wife, too. Here's a twist -- have Palmer kill his wife and then cover it up all next season!

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 11:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TIVO_GUY_HERE Find more posts by TIVO_GUY_HERE Add TIVO_GUY_HERE to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TIVO_GUY_HERE

will have to watch it when I get home watched it at work on a ( eeeegadss a NORMAL TV) so ok, i could of missed something. I hope they put the other endings on the internet

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

canonelan2 is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 04:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for canonelan2 Visit canonelan2's homepage! Find more posts by canonelan2 Add canonelan2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
canonelan2
Imagineer

quote:
Originally posted by ehopper

Well, thanks for the Boston Public SPOILER!!!!

AGREED! Thanks for nothing spartanstew!!

What will I do... without X5-452?
My DVD List
Missing about 575 from his post count :-(

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

canonelan2 is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 04:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for canonelan2 Visit canonelan2's homepage! Find more posts by canonelan2 Add canonelan2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
canonelan2
Imagineer

Teri dying was a surprise. Frankly... I'm STILL shocked that Mason wasn't a bad guy. Even till the end... my gut kept saying he needs to die lol

I also thought that woman who took charge before Mason took over was involved some how.

I loved how Palmer ended it with his wife, and I was also very much expecting her to get hurt/killed by the secret service after she grabs a knife off of a table and runs after him (or similar lol)

It's amazing that Kim's still alive I totally agree with the "one down, one to go" comment above

I wonder how much (if any) a role Nina's going to have in season 2.

Three things would have made this week total bliss...

1. Kim dying on 24
2. Jar Jar dying in Episode II (saw it today)
3. FOX saying they were just kidding about cancelling "Dark Angel"

I'm 0 for 3. This week sucks lol

BTW, Nina DID kill Teri. It's on 24's website.

"When Jack arrives at CTU, he discovers that Nina has killed Teri."

http://www.fox.com/24/guide_char.html
then click on "Teri Bauer" and see 11pm-12am

What will I do... without X5-452?
My DVD List
Missing about 575 from his post count :-(

Last edited by canonelan2 on 05-22-2002 at 04:38 PM

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdaveler is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdaveler Find more posts by kdaveler Add kdaveler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdaveler
Always Happy Hour!

quote:
Originally posted by canonelan2

2. Jar Jar dying in Episode II (saw it today)
."[/i]

http://www.fox.com/24/guide_char.html
then click on "Teri Bauer" and see 11pm-12am

Some of us have not seen Episode II but thanks for sharing. When It said spoilers I thought they were talking about 24 only!

Ken

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Talon is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 08:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Talon Find more posts by Talon Add Talon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Talon
Anti-PC

Ja Jar does not die in Ep. 2

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lepton is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lepton Visit Lepton's homepage! Find more posts by Lepton Add Lepton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lepton

Angry

quote:
Originally posted by canonelan2
in Episode II (saw it today)

What a nice thread this turned out to be. I waited to read it until I viewed the end of "24" and it included a spoiler for "Boston Public" which I was in the middle of watching WHILE I came upon the end spoiler, and now another spoiler for "Episode II".

THINK BEFORE YOU POST

Thanks a lot, creeps!

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pmyers is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pmyers Find more posts by pmyers Add pmyers to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmyers

I'll agree that the Boston Public thing was a spoiler, but I don't think the Jar Jar thing was. He was just saying that he would have liked him to die. I haven't seen the movie but I wasn't expecting him to die.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoodSpike is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike

quote:
Originally posted by dschwab
The blood was in her lower torso region (stomach, lower chest). Odd place to shoot someone, so shooting seems to be ruled out. What was determined to be the cause of her cramping earlier in the season? I don't remember it being a serious condition, but perhaps stree or being bound and gagged caused that condition to worsen?

Huh? It's odd to shoot someone in the chest? That's where most people are taught to aim.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dschwab is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dschwab Find more posts by dschwab Add dschwab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dschwab
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Karyk

Huh? It's odd to shoot someone in the chest? That's where most people are taught to aim.

This wasn't really a direct chest shot though, the blood was mostly upper stomach and below. Shooting to kill in the chest means sturnum/heart area, and shooting at an immobile bound-and-gagged target means you have your pick of the most effective kill-shot.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoDaddy is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoDaddy Find more posts by TivoDaddy Add TivoDaddy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoDaddy
The Phantom Spitter

quote:
Originally posted by CoosCoos
They filmed three endings for the show, but this is the final one they chose. Personally, they didn't have to kill her off. So the fact that they chose to means they really wanted it for some reason. Can't figure out why, but I'm glad they didn't cop out. As soon as Nina's cover was blown and she shot the technician lady and Terri found her, I turned to my wife and said "she absolutely positively has to kill Terri". If she didn't, it would have been a cop out.

If they knew they were killing Terri then I think it would have had more impact if, after Jack gives up his gun and hands Nina over, if she said "Terri's dead." That would have had more impact than him running to find her.

You stole my thunder CoosCoos. But it would have been more believable if she would of shot her when Teri caught her talking on the phone. It would have been cool if she would of shot her while she was still talking on the phone, she didn't hesitate to kill any of the other guards (and they didn't know she was a mole). The way they filmed it, it just gave them a cop out for one of the three endings.

I too agree (I forgot who said it) about the whole thing with Drazen trying to lure him in and then running away.

Overall I gave this episode a C+; the first half of the season an A-, second half a C; an overall a B.

Here's another person thanking spartanstew for that wonderful message about Boston Public!

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoodSpike is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike

Obviously setting up the second season, but Nina makes no sense, other than the fact that she claimed she was working for someone other than Victor D. In an early episode the bad guys tried to have Jack kill Nina, so unless they didn't know she was on their side . . ..

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

byrnebv is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for byrnebv Find more posts by byrnebv Add byrnebv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
byrnebv
Advanced Member

Palmer should have no problem becoming President now. Nothing like a well publicized divorce to drum up support!

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CoosCoos is offline Old Post 05-22-2002 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CoosCoos Find more posts by CoosCoos Add CoosCoos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoosCoos

quote:
Originally posted by Karyk
she claimed she was working for someone other than Victor D. In an early episode the bad guys tried to have Jack kill Nina, so unless they didn't know she was on their side . . ..
I didn't think about that, but it makes sense now why the other guy, who was just a stooge for Drazen, didn't know who Nina was.

Since the writers were flying by the seat of their pants, I guess it's a good thing they didn't show Jaimee killing herself! And I'm sure that actress was happy to come back for one more episode and one more paycheck.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged