TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Middle School Confessions-HBO <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harvscar is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Middle School Confessions-HBO

WOW! I just watched this documentary on HBO and I'm totally floored. I know I led a pretty sheltered life as a kid, but I just couldn't believe the stuff these kids are doing/dealing with. After watching this and remembering my own middle school days, I'm not sure any amount of money could convince me to re-live this period. Anyone else see this and get a jolt or are these cases pretty much the norm?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Corey140 is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corey140 Find more posts by Corey140 Add Corey140 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey140
This Space For Rent!

I haven't seen it yet....

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rickvz is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rickvz Find more posts by Rickvz Add Rickvz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rickvz
TiVoholic

I saw a previous post concerning this show so I did a search and recorded it. I teach Middle School and have students with similar problems to many depicted in the documentary. Pretty scary sometimes.

That said, I wouldn't say the cases there are the norm.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

emory is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for emory Visit emory's homepage! Find more posts by emory Add emory to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emory
TiVo Gave Up

i have five little sisters. so this special aggrevated me somewhat.

and i'm mystified at how stupid these parents are. they're not only CLUELESS but consent to have this air on HBO. how stupid is that?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

knownzero is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for knownzero Find more posts by knownzero Add knownzero to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knownzero
Alive is pain

discussion here from when it first aired

I didn't think it was all that shocking if you've ever talked to a teen on a one to one level lately, its certainly nothing new to them. I would say it probably is the norm (at least around here...).

Art is very often relegated to a small corner of this modern society. In doing so, many of the ties between art, life, and learning have been severed. Art is an integral part of the human experience. Whether it be formal or informal, the discovery of oneself through creation is something that everyone goes through in life. All the arts, not just the visual, provide the tools needed to make this self-discovery. To make art is to be alive. It is about living one's original ideas, rather than repeating those of others.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged