TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> What FOX show do you want back most? <<<
Which show do you want FOX to bring back most?
This poll is closed.
Family Guy 21 22.11%
Futurama 21 22.11%
Greg the Bunny 10 10.53%
The Tick 8 8.42%
Titus 11 11.58%
Undeclared 24 25.26%
Total: 95 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cheezus is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 09:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheezus Find more posts by cheezus Add cheezus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheezus

What FOX show do you want back most?

Doh... I want them all!

btw - sorry if i ommited anyone's favorite.

[EDIT: oops. not titus tho... that show was a pile of dung]

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

laria is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for laria Visit laria's homepage! Find more posts by laria Add laria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laria
TiVo Forum Special Member

How about The Lone Gunmen, can I vote for that? I don't watch any of the shows listed.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

(Wow, polls are still working here!)

This is a good one. Gotta be Undeclared. I really enjoyed that show. I was disappointed to see its season get cut, and even more so to find out it probably won't be back. I miss Family Guy quite a bit as well.

Why is it that the really good shows get cut, and mindless garbage like "That 70s Show" manage to stay on the air?

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tedder is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tedder Visit tedder's homepage! Find more posts by tedder Add tedder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tedder
Irregular

Hey, what about "Viper"!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drosoph is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drosoph Visit drosoph's homepage! Find more posts by drosoph Add drosoph to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drosoph
Distinguished Member

Wow, I watch a LOT of TV ... and you've actually managed to find a bunch of shows I just dont watch .. I did watch The Lone Gunmen ... and I really *tried* to watch Greg the Bunny, but it didnt work out

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cancermatt is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cancermatt Find more posts by cancermatt Add cancermatt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancermatt
Old-School Lurker

Exclamation Family Guy and Futurama are returning next year

As per Fox's press conferences, which I'm almost ashamed to be up to date on, all the shows on the list are cancelled for next year with the exception of Family Guy and Futurama, which in my opinion, have been severely misused by the network honchos at Fox.

A couple of years ago, Fox commissioned all the writers/animators at Family Guy to create almost two season's worth of new episodes, then chooses to keep the show as a midseason replacement, airing less than half the "new" and then airing the last half of the "new" episodes during the summer season (last year) in a variety of timeslots.

And since they had a stockpile of new episodes, Fox did not want to get ahead of the curve, so to speak, so they told all the animators and writers to get a new job, basically placing the show in a status of limbo, but still to air "new" episodes this upcoming tv season. And since animated shows run a little differently than "live" shows, they basically work year-round, and lost all (if any) continuity they previously had built up, having to build from the ground up all new writers and animators, with most of the originals having moved onto new shows.

Well, that's the status of Futurama for next season. They have a "stockpile" of "new" episodes never aired, but Fox told the animators and writers to take a hike. The show is still going to run (most likely in different timeslots on different nights) but the quality will most likely lessen, if it continues the following year.

Matt Groening was especially upset at Fox for making them millions of dollars of money, but getting "dissed" by the execs. I don't blame him. He threatened to end the simpsons' tv series soon, but soon retracted.

Any comments?

cancermatt

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

OasisRed is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OasisRed Find more posts by OasisRed Add OasisRed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OasisRed
Bot Stopper

I liked American Embassy. I'd like to see it back. (and not just because the lead actress was hot!) (Let's not turn this into a hot thread PLEASE!)

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

andyf is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for andyf Visit andyf's homepage! Find more posts by andyf Add andyf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andyf
Long time TiVo user

But I want Dark Angel back too. American Embassy had promise also.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hunter Green is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hunter Green Visit Hunter Green's homepage! Find more posts by Hunter Green Add Hunter Green to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Dark Angel should definitely be in the poll.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

OasisRed is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OasisRed Find more posts by OasisRed Add OasisRed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OasisRed
Bot Stopper

Dark Angel definitely made a comeback late in the season. (I would not have been upset to see it go after the first few episodes of this season.)

I would like to see it back also.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

laria is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for laria Visit laria's homepage! Find more posts by laria Add laria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laria
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun
Hope you caught their farewell episode of The X-Files (titled "Jumping the Shark") a few weeks back!

Not yet, but we will! We have like 8 X-Files episodes on one of the Tivos to watch.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Greg G is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Greg G Find more posts by Greg G Add Greg G to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg G

Dark Angel

-Greg

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AaronD is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AaronD Find more posts by AaronD Add AaronD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AaronD

Dark Angel is my vote, but I also voted for Furturama. That 80's Show wasn't bad, but I won't lose any sleep over seeing it go.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

emory is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for emory Visit emory's homepage! Find more posts by emory Add emory to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emory
TiVo Gave Up

family guy owns.

i loved that show.

'that 80s show' never made it past promotions with me. i thumb-downed it before it even *aired* i was so disgusted with it.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boomdawg is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boomdawg Visit boomdawg's homepage! Find more posts by boomdawg Add boomdawg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boomdawg
Bass Angler/TiVo Nut

That 70's Show ROCKS!
That 80's Show BLOWS!
Family Guy, that is a damn funny show, right, Stewie?

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boywaja is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boywaja Visit boywaja's homepage! Find more posts by boywaja Add boywaja to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boywaja
Advanced Member

I hear Andy Richter is going to be a mid-season replacement. That show rocks. At least it wasn't cancelled though.

I voted Family Guy. That is one of my top5 season passes.

I was also one of the few watching The Lone Gunmen. They deserved better.

rog

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

badcrc is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 09:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for badcrc Find more posts by badcrc Add badcrc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
badcrc
Thread Killer

Dark Angel is just too corny for me. Too many goofy costumes and dialogue. It could have been a lot better IMO. As for the poll, though I like all those shows, Undeclared would have to me my choice. I've got animation burnout after Simpsons, KOTH, FG, Futurama.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-29-2002 09:06 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gizmoaddict

Come on!

Are there no Grounded for Life fans here?

I think it's the best new comedy in a long time.

Was it excluded here because Fox has already picked it up? Or, have the shows listed here already been canceled?

I know Bernie Mac will have a second year.

Last edited by on 05-29-2002 at 09:25 AM

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kaokulk is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaokulk Find more posts by Kaokulk Add Kaokulk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaokulk

I'm sorry, but I LOVED Titus! The last season kinda blowed cause they focused on his girlfriends family too much.

But I think that Christopher Titus is hilarious!

I've tried to watch the Family Guy several times, have yet to make it through an entire episode.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rbird is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rbird Find more posts by rbird Add rbird to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbird
uses tivo "wrong"

I voted Titus, but would have picked Dark Angel, had it been an option. Actually, I watched ALL the shows on the list, so if I could have picked them all, I would have.

gizmoaddict, you hit the nail on the head. Grounded For Life didn't make the list because it was actually renewed (please picture a look of shock and pleasant surprise on my face now, thank you).

It is interesting that Andy Richter was picked up for midseason, as both Undeclared and Titus performed better in the same time slot.

Bob

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged