TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Max Headroom -- Zzzzzz <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
linh is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 02:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for linh Find more posts by linh Add linh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
linh
TiVo Forum Special Member

Max Headroom -- Zzzzzz

Does anyone know what the plotlines are for this show? Aside from Amanda Pays who is barely cute, I'm falling asleep after the first 10 mins. I've tried watching a couple of episodes over the past 2 weeks. No luck.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

emory is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for emory Visit emory's homepage! Find more posts by emory Add emory to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emory
TiVo Gave Up

i remember this show being on like in the 80's.

is this the same run of the show or a new incarnation of it?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

linh is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 10:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for linh Find more posts by linh Add linh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
linh

I think it's the original series.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rbird is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rbird Find more posts by rbird Add rbird to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbird
uses tivo "wrong"

The show may seem boring now, but consider that it's 15 years old! Concepts like interactive television and doing outrageous things to get ratings were unheard of back then. Max Headroom's "Raking" (a sort of extreme skateboarding) is downright tame when compared to what we see on "When Animals Attack" or "Wildest Police Chases". When you think about it in this context, the show was almost prophetic. And in ten years, I imagine it will be even closer to reality, if we can't keep the mega-corporations in check.

And don't tell me Jamie Kellner (CEO of Turner Networks and anti-PVR zealot, for those who may be unaware) wouldn't love a TV without an off switch. More mandatory commercials for YOU!

Bob

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

murgatroyd is offline Old Post 06-06-2002 01:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for murgatroyd Find more posts by murgatroyd Add murgatroyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murgatroyd

quote:
Originally posted by rbird
And in ten years, I imagine it will be even closer to reality, if we can't keep the mega-corporations in check.

And don't tell me Jamie Kellner (CEO of Turner Networks and anti-PVR zealot, for those who may be unaware) wouldn't love a TV without an off switch. More mandatory commercials for YOU!

Bob

And just think -- due to the wonders of TiVo, and FFing through commercials at lightning speed, we've invented (re-invented?) the 'blipvert'.

Jan

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-06-2002 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stormsweeper Find more posts by stormsweeper Add stormsweeper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

quote:
Originally posted by murgatroyd

And just think -- due to the wonders of TiVo, and FFing through commercials at lightning speed, we've invented (re-invented?) the 'blipvert'.

Not quite. They invented the blipvert to keep people from changing the channel during a commercial. Which is more or less what the Turner CEO was talking about in regards to your "contract with the network."

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Pralix is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 12:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pralix Find more posts by Pralix Add Pralix to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pralix

That US Series that TechTV is showing is trash compared to the original BBC/Cinemax movie from around 1985. The characters were much more interesting.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmdeane is offline Old Post 06-10-2002 12:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmdeane Find more posts by dmdeane Add dmdeane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmdeane
sedentary adventurer

Re: Max Headroom -- Zzzzzz

quote:
Originally posted by linhpham2
Does anyone know what the plotlines are for this show? Aside from Amanda Pays who is barely cute, I'm falling asleep after the first 10 mins. I've tried watching a couple of episodes over the past 2 weeks. No luck.
Amanda Pays "barely cute"? Well, there is no accounting for taste. I am enjoying rewatching the series and comparing my impressions to my memories of when the original show was on. It's rather frightening how prophetic this show was in many ways. It really did seem to predict a lot of the evolution in TV which we saw during the 1990's. The show may not entertain you, but it is still better than 90% of the crap that is out there. Can't speak to the British original, as I have never seen it.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-11-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

KNOW FUTURE
KNOW ZIK-ZAK

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged