TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Maniacal1 is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Maniacal1 Find more posts by Maniacal1 Add Maniacal1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniacal1

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

She's back, waxy yellow build-up and all. TV Land will begin running Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman on Saturdays and Sundays at midnight starting June 1 (two episodes each night), followed by its "sequel" Fernwood 2Night.

Mary Hartman was the first WishList I set up when WishLists became available. It's a very nostalgic program for me. Every weeknight when I was in college after a hard night at the, um, library, a bunch of us gathered for an hour and a half of Mary, Dark Shadows, and You Bet Your Life.

I thought I'd share the excitement on the very obscure chance that anyone else cares.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joehandy1 is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for joehandy1 Find more posts by joehandy1 Add joehandy1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joehandy1

thanks for the tip! i LOVED that show! i cannot wait for the warm fuzzies that show will provide!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TomK is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TomK Find more posts by TomK Add TomK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomK

Talk about a great show from the late 70's! I'll set up a season pass as soon as I go to the couch! Great heads up alert!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikeschr is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikeschr Find more posts by mikeschr Add mikeschr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikeschr

This is great, great news. With any luck, they'll get far enough into MH,MH to the episode where country singer Loretta Haggers, played by Mary Kay Place, goes on the Dinah Shore Show. This is one of the funniest TV episodes ever.
Excuse me, I need to go check my floors for waxy yellow buildup.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

linh is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for linh Find more posts by linh Add linh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
linh
TiVo Forum Special Member

I'm guessing this isn't the same Mary Hartman that used to anchor "Entertainment Tonight" ??

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

That was Mary Hart, but I believe they both cause seizures when watched.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rcrew is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rcrew Find more posts by Rcrew Add Rcrew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rcrew
TiVo Domo

Thanks for the heads up! I don't use Wish lists much. But your post will likely push me to create one for my favorite, Soap! And I'll likely watch some MH, and create a Fernwood2Night wish list too!

They were fantastically funny!

Rob

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TomK is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 07:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TomK Find more posts by TomK Add TomK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomK

I can't wait till Friday night!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TomK is offline Old Post 06-01-2002 07:42 PM
TomK

It was really good seeing this show again, and Fernwood2Night was great too. Thanks TV Land!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

randym431 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for randym431 Find more posts by randym431 Add randym431 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randym431
Advanced Member

Live n learn. I was taping all the Mary Hartman shows and going to put then on VCD's. Now the first few shows, from the first up to the two aired on 6/8, were removed by tivo. I had not set it to save until deleted, my BIG mistake. But I thought tivo removed expired shows in order from oldest to newer. I have some movies expired that are 2 hours or so long with much older expired dates. All the Mary Hartmans were newer, so I thought those old movies would be removed first by tivo...nope! Tivo looks like it removed shorter length expired stuff first, then longer running stuff. The dates dont seem to matter. Just as long as its expired, tivo picks and choses. Not oldest first, as I would think it would do. I just hope TvLand replays the series again, or has a Mary Hartman marathon. Yes, I loved this show and cant believe it got screwed up in tapings. Makes me want to think twice about the value of tape-vcr's.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Just a thought randy, check the SP options and see how many epsiodes you have marked to keep. The default is 5, that may be the root of the problem. This has happened to me many times before. The upside is that you don't have to usually worry about catching something again on TVLand.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

randym431 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for randym431 Find more posts by randym431 Add randym431 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randym431
Advanced Member

I'm living and learning way too much today. That was it. It was only keeping 5-shows. Never ran across that before or the need to. So now its all shows and save till I delete. Wonder if that wil do it? I was looking at TvLands site and looks like they have only started showing new stuff with legal limits applied. They can only show so many episodes during a time span. Thats with Donna Reed, Hazel and probably Mary Hartman too? Just hoping they rerun the series again sometime...

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

randym431 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 05:31 AM
randym431
Advanced Member

I only care about the Mary Hartman shows. Didnt really watch the spin-offs. My hope is tvland will run all them in a marathon later, or restart the series. I think Louise Lasser is such an over looked actress in comedy. I just found out she was married to Woody Allen for a while. I could see him writing a show like Mary Hartman (which he didnt).

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ahartman is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ahartman Find more posts by ahartman Add ahartman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahartman
Space for Rent

Thanks for the reminder that I can relive my childhood horror (see my username) four times a week!

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sallypnut is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 08:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sallypnut Visit sallypnut's homepage! Find more posts by sallypnut Add sallypnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sallypnut
I moved!

quote:
Originally posted by ahartman
Thanks for the reminder that I can relive my childhood horror (see my username) four times a week!

All I ever knew about this show when I was little was that my parents always referred to their friend Sandy Hartman as "Sandy Hartman, Sandy Hartman."

Thanks so much for the heads up! This is my new favorite SP. What a fascinating and hilarious show, and very ahead of its time.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged