TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> So who here doesn't like Enterprise (spoilers) <<<

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TDSLB is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TDSLB Find more posts by TDSLB Add TDSLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDSLB

So who here doesn't like Enterprise (spoilers)

ME!!!!

Did anyone watch The, I think, season finale? All I can tell that they are doing is repeating the standard StarTrek Episodes over agian with new CGI and a different name for the effected planet. The captian gets kidnapped? what kind of plot was that?

I'm sick of watching it. Season pass (deleted)

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csantoni is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csantoni Find more posts by csantoni Add csantoni to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csantoni

I agree. I gave up on the show a few months back.

With TiVo, there's just too much other good stuff to watch. I've got a whole Summer of first-run West Wings to get to.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

I think someone around here doesn't think too highly of it.

Not sure if I remember who, though....

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

Me too. But I'll keep watching it and silently cursing at the writers, producers, and anybody else involved in the creation of the show... Well, maybe I won't be so silent.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stormsweeper Find more posts by stormsweeper Add stormsweeper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun
What's not to like?

It'll be better once T'Pol and Trip finally hook up!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sean67854 is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sean67854 Find more posts by sean67854 Add sean67854 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sean67854
Vanilla Ice

Time Travel makes my head hurt.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tasky is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tasky Visit Tasky's homepage! Find more posts by Tasky Add Tasky to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tasky
TiVo Forum Special Member

Exactly, just forget that it's Star Trek and watch it for what it is. A pretty lame Sci-Fi show

On a side note, my TiVo did catch an old episode of JAG that had Jolene Blalock in it. She looked a lot different in a Marine uniform, I would even go so far as to say she looked hotter in the Marine Uniform

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sean67854 is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sean67854 Find more posts by sean67854 Add sean67854 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sean67854
Vanilla Ice

So since this is tagged as a spoiler thread, let's talk about this time travel stuff a bit.

In the scene where the guy pulled archer off enterprise and back to his apartment, and the guy says that that archer is still there but the apartment archer is not there, or something like that. That seems wrong to my feeble mind. Let me explain my "Oh-so-Lame Time Travel Theory".

In my head, I see a given timeline as a list of interconnected objectects, with each instant of time being a new object. Each object get a copy of things that exist at that instant in that timeline. Therefore, when archer was removed from Enterprise, he should have been physically gone from that timeline as far as the other inhabitant of that timeline are concerned. Also, he should have seen himself in his apartment because he was introduce to that object as it was when it was originally created.

Geez, I'm lame.

[edit] Also, in the final scene where the guy says, "I can't take you back, our technology is gone". It seems to me that they could just decide to begin making it anew and they would have it in that instant because at some future instant someone could travel back and insert the technology.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
No, a lifetime is like a string...and if we ball up the string, the lifetime interconnects with all the other parts of the string that touch it...so we step into the Quantum Leap Accelerator...and vanish! Oh boy!

In that case, Captain Archer is going to live a LONG time!!!

Didn't he *leap* to the 31st century, or something like that, at the end?

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MighTiVo is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MighTiVo Find more posts by MighTiVo Add MighTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Time for Archer to leap......

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tasky is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tasky Visit Tasky's homepage! Find more posts by Tasky Add Tasky to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tasky

quote:
Originally posted by sean67854
So since this is tagged as a spoiler thread, let's talk about this time travel stuff a bit.

In the scene where the guy pulled archer off enterprise and back to his apartment, and the guy says that that archer is still there but the apartment archer is not there, or something like that. That seems wrong to my feeble mind. Let me explain my "Oh-so-Lame Time Travel Theory".

In my head, I see a given timeline as a list of interconnected objectects, with each instant of time being a new object. Each object get a copy of things that exist at that instant in that timeline. Therefore, when archer was removed from Enterprise, he should have been physically gone from that timeline as far as the other inhabitant of that timeline are concerned. Also, he should have seen himself in his apartment because he was introduce to that object as it was when it was originally created.

Geez, I'm lame.

[edit] Also, in the final scene where the guy says, "I can't take you back, our technology is gone". It seems to me that they could just decide to begin making it anew and they would have it in that instant because at some future instant someone could travel back and insert the technology.

This is the "Bill & Ted's" theory of time travel. When they are trying to bust out (in??) of the jail, they start saying stuff like, hey later on, steal the key, travel back to yesterday, and hide it behind this plant. Then they walk over and grab the key which they will put there later...

The whole crazy idea of time travel is just dumb. It will never happen, it couldn't possibly, because we would already have wackos coming back to now upsetting everything.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:32 AM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
He went "off the scale" or something. I remember they shot their originally theory all to hell when he went back to the Civil War, anyway!

You're right! Forgot about that.

As long as he doesn't become Elvis we should be okay.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sean67854 is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 03:38 AM
sean67854
Vanilla Ice

quote:
Originally posted by Tasky
The whole crazy idea of time travel is just dumb. It will never happen, it couldn't possibly, because we would already have wackos coming back to now upsetting everything.

How do you know we don't?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tasky is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 05:11 AM
Tasky

quote:
Here's a wild site...Robert Beltran (Chakotay from Voyager) made a personal appearance in England recently and, according to the reports by this "bloke", he said some pretty disparaging things about the show, the Star Trek franchise, Brannon Braga, and even Enterprise....

VERRRRRY interesting to read.

That was a very interesting read, and quite funny...

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 05:13 AM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:

VERRRRRY interesting to read.

How do you find this stuff, Pan?

Everyday I wonder what corner of the internet you're going to share with us next.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JYoung is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JYoung Find more posts by JYoung Add JYoung to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JYoung

the thing is after reading that Beltran page, I believe every word he says, especially after just watching the last 5 episodes of Enterprise.
(I couldn't watch Enterprise for several weeks after that pile of steaming dung called "Oasis", but the TiVo faithfully recorded them....)

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" - Mavenelle

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

feldon23 is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for feldon23 Visit feldon23's homepage! Find more posts by feldon23 Add feldon23 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
feldon23
MythBuster

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TreborPugly is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TreborPugly Find more posts by TreborPugly Add TreborPugly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreborPugly
Unreal!

1. The best thing about Enterprise is the opening credits/theme song. One of the few openings I don't FF through.

2. I recently read a book by Orson Scott Card, "Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus" which had a really interesting explanation of time travel paradox. Basically, if you travel back in time at all, you wipe out all the time from then on, creating a new time line. But you don't wipe out the Cause of the change. The Cause exists, because it did exist, and it caused the change. But the people, events, etc. Don't exist and never did exist. But the Cause for you and your existence in the past from the future is still there. In the book, this was explained to the primary characters by the physicists and mathematicians, but nobody really understood it..
Also, they only had one-way travel to the past, and any travel at all would wipe the time line clean. No bopping back and forth. It is an excellent book BTW, although this discussion is a bit of a spoiler.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ehopper is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ehopper Visit ehopper's homepage! Find more posts by ehopper Add ehopper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ehopper
Out for repairs

A great time travel book (and very funny) is The Technicolor Time Machine. It's an old book and you probably have to buy it used.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ehopper is offline Old Post 05-31-2002 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ehopper Visit ehopper's homepage! Find more posts by ehopper Add ehopper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ehopper
Out for repairs

Whenever I don't like a Star Trek show, I just remodulate the deflector array to emit reallygoodsfian particles and all is well. If the security interlocks get in the way, I just say the magic word "Override Security" and all is well yet again.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged