TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> I can't stop watching...Hamtaro! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
holee is offline Old Post 06-06-2002 08:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for holee Visit holee's homepage! Find more posts by holee Add holee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
holee
Uncertain

I can't stop watching...Hamtaro!

This is a new cartoon on Cartoon Network, another Japanese import. It's a cuddly feelgood show about a hamster named Hamtaro, all of his hamster friends, and the girl he lives with.

You can pretty much figure out the target audience, and the general harmlessness of it, but....

I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT!!!

This is horrible. I started watching it just to drive my roommate nuts, but now...I'm genuinely interested. The acting is very good, and Hamtaro is just sooo cute. The other hamsters have decently developed personalities. The animation's Japanese, so it's pretty good and has lots of bright colors. The stories are simple, and everything's so saccharine.....but it's addicting. I can't help myself.

Please.....tell me I'm not the only one. There must be a kindred soul out there.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-06-2002 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Well, now I'll have to check it out. I have a weakness for these types of shows so I'll probably get hooked. <sigh> I wish they'd bring back Belle and Sebastian.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

holee is offline Old Post 06-06-2002 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for holee Visit holee's homepage! Find more posts by holee Add holee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
holee
Uncertain

It's just so....wholesome. Not Olsen Twins wholesome. Maybe a slightly grittier version of the Smurfs wholesome. Or maybe more like an older version of the Snorks.

I actually was worried when Hamtaro got lost today, and he had to trudge through snow, pigs and trucks to get home. I never knew I was was...vulnerable. *choke*

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-11-2002 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Re: I can't stop watching...Hamtaro!

quote:
Originally posted by holee

Please.....tell me I'm not the only one. There must be a kindred soul out there.

I watched 2 eps my TiVo caught today and I'm sorry, but you're on your own. I can suffer through a lot in the name of manga, however, we all have our limits. Go figure, I can sit through a Pokemon marathon and enjoy myself immensely, Hamtaro just didn't click.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MarkofT is offline Old Post 06-11-2002 08:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MarkofT Find more posts by MarkofT Add MarkofT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MarkofT

Well if anyone ever offers you Some "Sugar, the Snow Fairy", I would suggest running far far away. I showed the first 4 episodes of that at A'Kon the weekend before last. Gonna have to hit up the head of vidops for more. Then hit the head of vidops with a sledge to get even.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged