TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Shows to Watch This Summer <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shaunrose is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 09:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shaunrose Find more posts by shaunrose Add shaunrose to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaunrose

Shows to Watch This Summer

I've been looking for shows that will keep my attention this summer. I'm looking for new shows or shows I may have missed the first time around. So far, I've got:

The Mole
The Shield
SG-1

Any other suggestions? I tried Farscape, but I just think it's too creepy and too hard to follow. I'm going to try Scrubs too.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jradosh is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jradosh Find more posts by jradosh Add jradosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jradosh
Landscaper Wannabe

Junkyard Wars!!!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Invisible Man... Oh wait, the morons at Sci-Fi canceled it.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Worf is offline Old Post 06-09-2002 11:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Worf Visit Worf's homepage! Find more posts by Worf Add Worf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Worf

Hopefully, when CBS decides to show it, American Fighter Pilot!

(Assuming they *DO* decide to show it...)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jamesbobo is offline Old Post 06-09-2002 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jamesbobo Visit jamesbobo's homepage! Find more posts by jamesbobo Add jamesbobo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

This is just what you're looking for

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shaunrose is offline Old Post 06-09-2002 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for shaunrose Find more posts by shaunrose Add shaunrose to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaunrose

Thanks for the link! Lot of good options there. HBO's "The Wire" looks like it could be good. My wife is going to love the TLC "Trading Spaces" spinoff, "While you Were Out."

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Philosofy is offline Old Post 06-09-2002 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Philosofy Find more posts by Philosofy Add Philosofy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Witchblade!

The voices in my head are screaming.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spartanstew is offline Old Post 06-10-2002 08:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spartanstew Find more posts by spartanstew Add spartanstew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spartanstew
AKA WoohooStew

Just read in another thread that HBO is rerunning the first season of the series "the mind of the married man". If you have HBO and haven't seen this series, you need to check it out.

Stew

FREQUENT INQUIRIES:
YAMM: yet another meaningless milestone
SOAK: source of all knowledge
UMF: unseen mystical force
IBTL: in before the lock
curious about picture in picture on a directivo: DO A SEARCH FOR PIP
curious as to which universal remote is the best for tivo:DO A SEARCH FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

Sony SAT-T60: DirecTiVo receiver - Modified to 228 Hours
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Philips DSR7000 Directv receiver withTiVo- Unmodified
Samsung SIR-S4040R Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shaunrose is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 07:18 AM
shaunrose

Okay, I've seen three episodes of The Shield and I can't believe I missed this the first time around. It's awesome! Definitely my new favorite show.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Travel Sick on Comedy Central.

Odyssey 5 looks cool.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

biker is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for biker Find more posts by biker Add biker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biker
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Philosofy
Witchblade!
I going to start to watch witchblade. Just watch the 2hr one on wb.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

quote:
Originally posted by shaunrose
Okay, I've seen three episodes of The Shield and I can't believe I missed this the first time around. It's awesome! Definitely my new favorite show.

I second that, just saw the first two eps last night. So far, nothing short of amazing. Frankly, I'm amazed it's on FX, a show like this is something I would expect out of HBO. I'm also quite amazed they didn't censor it. I've never seen anything on FX that wasn't completely chopped up.

Is FOX promoting this show on their main network? Hopefully the fact that it's on FX won't keep people from finding it. We don't need to lose yet ANOTHER great show.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MacThor is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MacThor Visit MacThor's homepage! Find more posts by MacThor Add MacThor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MacThor
Uniter, not Divider

Shaunrose & zaknafein,

Welcome to the Shield! IMO the best cop show since Homicide (the earlier years). We need more fans, though I'm pretty sure they've commited to a second season.

I don't watch a lot of Fox, so I can't recall whether they promoted it much. I found out about the show from CNBC - they were running the commercials all day throughout the first run of the season.

A one-minute promotional with all the critical praise would be something I'd GLADly have pushed to my Tivo Showcases - in fact I think that's a more effective use of that space - use TiVo to promote TV shows (duh!) not Sheryl Crow.

Mac

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bdowell is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bdowell Visit bdowell's homepage! Find more posts by bdowell Add bdowell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bdowell
Happy DirecTiVo user

If your looking for entertainment....

You might also want to check out Alias on ABC...

Interesting show that mixes elements of Indiana Jones with Mission Impossible with traditional kick butt action.

Excellent show and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WATCH FROM THE BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE SERIES.

While it helps to have watched from the first show on, you can get by just watching at any point.... You'll figure out soon enough who is crossing who, etc.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Blahblah2000 is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Blahblah2000 Find more posts by Blahblah2000 Add Blahblah2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blahblah2000

yes, we need more Alias fans. Great show.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shaunrose is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 05:02 AM
shaunrose

Mac - Shield definitely reminds me of Homicide -- maybe even better.

BDowell- I'll try Alias. That's another show I've heard great things about, but I always thought I'd be lost if I started in the middle.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeff125va is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeff125va Find more posts by jeff125va Add jeff125va to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff125va
TiVo Forum Special Member

I just set up a wish list for "The Wire". This week's episode (#2) is on right now and may still have another airing this week. If you missed the first, it will be on again on Friday 6/21. I'm gonna start watching after that get recorded.

And you can catch some older Alias episodes on ABC Family also. There's been no guide data for those but the last 2 weeks have been episodes 4 & 5 so I guess 6 is on this week. I believe ABC is at about episode 8 this week and going sequentially also.

35 hour Philips DSR 704

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dawghows is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 06:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dawghows Find more posts by Dawghows Add Dawghows to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dawghows

quote:
Originally posted by jeff125va
I just set up a wish list for "The Wire"... If you missed the first, it will be on again on Friday 6/21...

And you can catch some older Alias episodes...

Looks like HBO will air the first 3 episodes of "The Wire" in a block that Friday (6/21) 8pm to 11pm EDT.

"Alias" is great. Anyone with even the slightest inclination to watch it should do so.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dusty is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dusty Find more posts by Dusty Add Dusty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dusty
Yellow

Come on, no one is looking forward to "Meet the Parents"? The parents get to decide who is relationship material out of three people for their son or daughter. Who ARE the people who go on these shows??? LOL

"It's never too late to start something good" - JamesB

Normally I don't go for political jokes...too many of them are being elected. -- Bob Hope

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shaunrose is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 09:15 PM
shaunrose

I'm sure we'll watch Meet the Parents. My wife loves the reality shows. We just started watching American Idol and Bachlorettes in Alaska. I have to say, as much as I protest watching some of these shows in the beginning, it usually isn't long before I'm hooked.

Saw the Wire last night. Not as good as the Shield, but it definitely has potential. Between those two shows, the void left by the end of Homicide is almost filled.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged