TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> "24" DVD-Sept. 17 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harvscar is offline Old Post 06-16-2002 11:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

"24" DVD-Sept. 17

From Corona's Test Pattern:

quote:
Friday, June 14, 2002... Word from a top secret bunker on the FOX lot has the real-time series 24 released on DVD on September 17, 2002. This would be just in time for the second season of the show, and no doubt both the new season and the DVD of the first will be highly popular. We'll keep you up to date when information on features and price become available, and let you know as soon as the set is available for pre-order.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

YEA !!!!

Let's hope it all pans out and, of course, that it has some good special features.

Please visit my Personal Page to learn more and to donate online. 100% of your donation is Tax Deductible.
If you wish to donate via check, please either PM or email me for information.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lavar78 is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 04:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lavar78 Find more posts by lavar78 Add lavar78 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lavar78

Smile

All I really need are the other 2 endings. Everything else is ... well, extra.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

Sweet! 24 and Sports Night coming to DVD, this should be a good fall.

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I wonder if they'll have added footage to fill in the commercial breaks, or if they'll just keep the clock beeping off the even and odd seconds.

Or if the early episodes will still have the line, "Events occur in real time."

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

arkham999 is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 05:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for arkham999 Visit arkham999's homepage! Find more posts by arkham999 Add arkham999 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkham999
Dazed and Confused

You know, that series was really good, but the ending was so bad that I would not even consider watching another season. Why would they end it like that?

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

The ending was bad??... wow, I thought it was a great ending. I really wasn't expecting Terri to get killed... figured on a happy, fuzzy ending like most shows.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lavar78 is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lavar78 Find more posts by lavar78 Add lavar78 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lavar78

I totally expected the ending (someone had to die), but I also thought it was great. I knew it would be special when they started with that advisory warning. Long live Nina/Yelena!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikey is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 07:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikey Find more posts by mikey Add mikey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikey

The series started out okay, but got kind of stupid toward the end. How many times can one take Terri and Kim getting into and out of trouble? Too many for me.

No DVDs for me. I got better stuff to buy.

DSR6000 unmodified (35 hours)
30" Dish
Kenwood Home Theater System
Hitachi 60-inch Projection TV
Sony 5-disk DVD

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aRKade is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aRKade Find more posts by aRKade Add aRKade to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aRKade

I just got an e-mail from Amazon.com "confirming" the Sept. 17 release date. List price is $59.98 for the 6 disk set. No features are listed.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

I agree...the ending sucked. So did Kim/Terri getting in trouble SO much.

I'm glad it wasn't a happy ending but I much rather would have liked to see an actual attempt on Palmer and/or have someone from Palmer's camp be involved. Making the CTU chick a double-agent was just a lame attampt to shock for the sake of shock and that's it.

But I'll still buy the DVD

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bdowell is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bdowell Visit bdowell's homepage! Find more posts by bdowell Add bdowell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bdowell
Happy DirecTiVo user

If they were going to have to kill someone in the ending, it should have been a shootout between Jack and Nina, with Nina holding Teri as a hostage while trying to make an escape.

If they really wanted to kill off Teri, then they should have her die from a shot that Jack fires at Nina. If they opted to kill Nina instead, well, Jack taking the shot at the person holding his wife hostage would have been perfect (perhaps too perfect, and too easy to ancipate, which may by why they choose such an unpredictable -- although disliked by many -- ending!)

http://www.entertainment-talk.com

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Amazon has it up for pre-order.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnshel is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 11:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnshel Visit robnshel's homepage! Find more posts by robnshel Add robnshel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnshel

Just wanted to throw my .02 that the ending was great ! It flew against all the cliches shows like this usually fall prey to (happy endings mostly) and was perfectly logical in the context of the character personalities and the previous series of events. I thought that it was a nice touch depicting Nina/Yelena almost ready to spare Terri but deciding not to based on her handler's instructions.

I'm really looking forward to this DVD set. It'd be kind of cool to have a 24 hour marathon viewing.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-27-2002 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Forever Knight
Blakes 7
Dinosaurs

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-27-2002 11:02 PM
harvscar
Advanced Member

Here's a pic of the R2 DVD set:

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged