TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> L&O Crime and Punishment <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

L&O Crime and Punishment

Did anyone watch this on NBC last night? I had TiVo get it for me but only watched the first couple of minutes of it before heading off to work.
What is the format of the show? Do we get to see the inside processes of the case or is it more like the shows on TLC and Discovery where we just get a re-cap and mystery of whodunit?

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoDaddy is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoDaddy Find more posts by TivoDaddy Add TivoDaddy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoDaddy
The Phantom Spitter

I saw it last night. It's more of a re-cap of the trial with minimal behind the scenes shots of the DA and how he was talking about the case with the Deputy DA, his wife, the victim's family members. It wasn't that great. I kept watching it because it was a case I remembered reading and seeing news coverage when I lived down in San Diego.

Next week's episode looks interesting, as the defendant goes wild in court. You can see the court sheriff using a tazer (sp?) on the guy Forensic Files is a much better show.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

EBone11973 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for EBone11973 Find more posts by EBone11973 Add EBone11973 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EBone11973

San Diego gets it

My hometown of San Diego is really taking it on the chin from the media lately. We gave the U.S. two of the 19 hijackers, missing Danielle van Damm & David Westerfield trial, Red Cross fiasco on 60 Minutes last night, and now the latest version of Law & Order is based here. Oh boy.....

Oh yeah, I forgot the "Thong" controversy. I sure the rest of the U.S. must think we're nuts here.

Last edited by EBone11973 on 06-18-2002 at 08:01 AM

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

feldon23 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for feldon23 Visit feldon23's homepage! Find more posts by feldon23 Add feldon23 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
feldon23
MythBuster

You guys are doing a public service by grilling the Red Cross.

As for Crime and Punishment, the closing arguments sucked. They need Law & Order's writers to help them.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 07:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Hey, I thought it was going to be titled Law & Order: Crime and Punishment. Instead it was listed only as Crime and Punishment and my Wishlist missed it!

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jradosh is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 07:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jradosh Find more posts by jradosh Add jradosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jradosh
Landscaper Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by HTH
Instead it was listed only as Crime and Punishment and my Wishlist missed it!
Actually it's "Crime & Punishment"

J

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

I need co-workers like this guy had. The people here would rat me out for taking a box of paperclips. This guy's telling everyone and their brother in graphic detail about how he's going to kill his wife and nobody tells a cop or anything, pathetic.
This is cool summer fare but I'll stick to Investigative Reports for the real deal.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

quote:
Originally posted by jradosh
Actually it's "Crime & Punishment"

"Aw nuts! I mean, um... Aw nuts."

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

feldon23 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 09:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for feldon23 Visit feldon23's homepage! Find more posts by feldon23 Add feldon23 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
feldon23
MythBuster

The name flummoxed me too.

I scrambled to find it in Search by Title and almost missed the premiere episode but fortunately there were ample promos for it.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

doom1701 is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for doom1701 Visit doom1701's homepage! Find more posts by doom1701 Add doom1701 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doom1701
Mr. Oblivious

If memory serves, this is the same show that ran on UPN at the start of the season. I don't think it lasted more than a couple weeks there. Since NBC seems to have the Law & Order franchise, I think they are hoping that attaching the name in the promos will help attract more viewers.

From what I've heard (mainly here), the real life courtroom process isn't nearly as captivating as we see on TV.

Anybody need some wood?

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 06:13 AM
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I've got another chance to see it in person. I've been chosen to join the Justice Squadron at the Municipal Fortress of Vengeance. Twice in as many years.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MirclMax is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MirclMax Find more posts by MirclMax Add MirclMax to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MirclMax

quote:
Originally posted by doom1701
If memory serves, this is the same show that ran on UPN at the start of the season. I don't think it lasted more than a couple weeks there.

When this show first started getting mentioned, I had the same thought .. but I believe what you are referring to was a syndicated show called "Arrest & Trial" (by Dick Wolf as well) .. this may have been a 30 minute show and it had recreations of the crime along with the trial.

Crime & Punishment, focusing on the San Diego D.A. is a different show.

And as a side note.. as I was trying to pull up information on "Arrest & Trial" .. when it was cancelled, there were reports that NBC had ordered 13 episodes from Wolf on a show called "Trial & Error" which "will follow five first-year assistant district attorneys in major cities as they learn how to become prosecutors."
(My guess is that T&E got reworked/retitled into C&P)

Boy.. he's really working a theme ..
For those who are interested.. a little bio on Wolf is here: http://www.uni-television.com/svu/h...tcrew/wolf.html

If you find something I have said helpful, please return the favor by helping someone else

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-24-2002 10:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

I was all set to wipe this SP after the first show but I'm glad I didn't. I still don't care for the format, however, the judge on tonight's episode kicked ass. It's possible he was showing off for the camera but I don't think it's likely.

BTW, am I the only one who thought the mother didn't seem to be grieving too much?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sher is offline Old Post 06-25-2002 08:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sher Find more posts by sher Add sher to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sher

missed it twice

Its in my SP and I checked last night, it appeared to be ready to record (it listed both 10pm and another at 1am. Since I had two things taping at 10, I chose 1am. not there today.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged