TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Dog Eat Dog <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DancnDude is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DancnDude Find more posts by DancnDude Add DancnDude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DancnDude
Dumbledore's Army

Dog Eat Dog

Did anyone watch this show last night? The premise of the game was ok but it was a little boring. For some reason it reminded me of "Fun House" with the pool on the set and the contestants having to perform stunts. The only thing I hated was the host. She's good looking but she's an awful game host!!
[edit]Fixed spelling error[/edit]

Last edited by DancnDude on 06-19-2002 at 12:27 AM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

modnar is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for modnar Find more posts by modnar Add modnar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
modnar

We watched the show. I though it was just okay. I didn't think the host was too bad, but I could stand for a little less chit chat about why the contestants voted for whoever they voted for.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TSpoonEars is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TSpoonEars Find more posts by TSpoonEars Add TSpoonEars to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TSpoonEars
I'll get my coat!

I watched the show last night. It was OK. I'll probably watch it again next week coz the idea is pretty cool and there ain't much else on.

I wasn't too impressed with the host. She's stunning, but about as exciting as a dish-cloth. She did seem to improve slightly as the show progressed though, so hopefully her personality will come through a bit more as the season continues.

For a comedian I didn't think the guy who won was too funny. I was praying for him to lose. Maybe my British sense of humour still needs acclimatising to US taste, after all I still don't find Seinfeld funny (Drew Carey on the other hand...)

TSpoonEars.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 08:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

I hated it. I immediately cancelled my Season Pass. I like watching game shows, but I don't think it is entertaining when there are trivia contests, and the people are so incredibly stupid that they don't know their right from their left.

Also, I don't like the format that at the end, the final contestant doesn't get a chance to answer the questions himself, but can only win if the other jackasses are stupid (which they were). I mean come on, "What Ivy League University is in New Haven, Conn?"

"Uh, I'm guessing here, uh Harvard?"

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jradosh is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 08:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jradosh Find more posts by jradosh Add jradosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jradosh
Landscaper Wannabe

Yeah, games shows that ask relatively easy trivia to ignorant people just doesn't interest me. It might have been more satisfying if the winner had to either agree or disagree with the answer in order to win. At least he'd have to do something to earn the money.

I tuned in late and there was already one person in the "dog pound" (the hottie that seemed the most normal). Everyone else was a little 'over the top' and I just couldn't relate to any of them. Where's the appeal in that?

I guess I'm just old

J

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NFLnut is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 08:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NFLnut Find more posts by NFLnut Add NFLnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NFLnut
This Space For Rent

Cool

Prediction: It will quietly and quickly slip away from the schedule, just like all of those "The Chair" shows!

- Private First Class, TiVo Marine Corps

(2) Philips DSR6000R (1 x 149 hrs, 1 x 108 hrs)
(1) Philips HDR31201 (1 x 30 hrs)

HTTR!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LifeIsABeach is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 05:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LifeIsABeach Find more posts by LifeIsABeach Add LifeIsABeach to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LifeIsABeach

I thought the best part of the show was the commercial (yes, I watched a commercial!) for the new show "Meet My Folks". Looks like a cross between Elimidate and Meet the Parents. Can't wait till it comes on.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jimbo713 is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 08:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo713 Find more posts by Jimbo713 Add Jimbo713 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbo713
CreaTiVoty!

I saw "whatever her name is" (the host) interviewed on The Today Show. She said all 13 episodes are in the can and that they are hoping this moves forward much like Fear Factor has. But, didn't we hear of an injury this spring (or at least a contestant rushed to the hospital) because of a near drowning (or some such thing) while taping an episode?

RCA D'TiVo Unmodified
Total TiVo House!!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

modnar is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for modnar Find more posts by modnar Add modnar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
modnar

quote:
Originally posted by LifeIsABeach
I thought the best part of the show was the commercial (yes, I watched a commercial!) for the new show "Meet My Folks". Looks like a cross between Elimidate and Meet the Parents. Can't wait till it comes on.

We watched Dog Eat Dog at a house without a TiVo and noticed this commerical. The show looks interesting.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tedder is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tedder Visit tedder's homepage! Find more posts by tedder Add tedder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tedder
Irregular

Did anyone notice that the first girl in the dog pound looks like Sandra Bullock's sister?

My wife and I agreed- the host is all beauty, no brains. She was taking too much care in enunciating every word, and reading from a script.

-ted

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

modnar is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 12:16 AM
modnar

What did everyone think of last night's episode?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bscald is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bscald Find more posts by bscald Add bscald to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bscald

quote:
Originally posted by modnar
What did everyone think of last night's episode?

Decent. We liked it enough to try it again.

-ben

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tasky is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tasky Visit Tasky's homepage! Find more posts by Tasky Add Tasky to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tasky
TiVo Forum Special Member

Nothing like a Game Show with contestants better looking than their super-model host!

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DancnDude is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DancnDude Find more posts by DancnDude Add DancnDude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DancnDude
Dumbledore's Army

It wasn't too bad last night but again, the host sounded like she was reading script and trying to overemphasize her pronunciation. She'd be a lot better if she read things naturally and interjected comments of her own.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lateshowrob is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lateshowrob Find more posts by Lateshowrob Add Lateshowrob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lateshowrob

Well, it sucked that the dude had to play strip golf. It would have been 100 times better had they gotten one of the hot ladies to play.

Homer: "MMM...Open faced club sand wedge."

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tasky is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 05:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tasky Visit Tasky's homepage! Find more posts by Tasky Add Tasky to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tasky
TiVo Forum Special Member

Yeah, but you knew with 2 girls left over, they were both going to pick the guy. If there had been two guys and one girl left...

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lateshowrob is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lateshowrob Find more posts by Lateshowrob Add Lateshowrob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lateshowrob

Overall, the show is pretty lame. The host is cute but brainless. I think we'll see more close-ups of 'girls getting out of the pool shots' as they try to save their show. Then again, you can't complain about that!

Homer: "MMM...Open faced club sand wedge."

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlearyEyed is offline Old Post 06-26-2002 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BlearyEyed Find more posts by BlearyEyed Add BlearyEyed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlearyEyed

Its good enough to be semi-entertaining summer fare, and that girl answering that Colin Powell was the only man to be president and vice president without ever being elected will give me a good laugh for the next week, so what more can I really ask for?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged