TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> No more Stone Cold Steve Austin <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsmeeker Find more posts by jsmeeker Add jsmeeker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

No more Stone Cold Steve Austin

Stone Cold Steve Austin is no longer with the WWF (err.. the WWE). Gone. Left over creative differences. How much will this hurt WWE?

Yay, Smeek! Smeek rules! -- JediCowboyD
jsmeeker, you will live in a dark place someday....where they do not allow TiVo. -- nachonaco

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AndyK is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 07:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyK Find more posts by AndyK Add AndyK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyK
unsatisfied

He wanted to pretend hit someone with a chair more creatively?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nrc is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 09:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nrc Visit nrc's homepage! Find more posts by nrc Add nrc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nrc
Cracker Soul

quote:
Originally posted by AndyK

That being said, I now have nothing to add to this thread.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AlrightGuy is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 05:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightGuy Find more posts by AlrightGuy Add AlrightGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightGuy

quote:
Originally posted by AndyK

Could be more along the lines of wanting to jump from what he thought was a sinking ship.

He didn't like the direction the company was going in, and so he wanted out. Wasn't the first time he left over creative differences, but this time it seems that he is gone for good.

Of course, with all the attention this is getting, and all the mockery that is right behind the attention, I'll be laughing to myself when Austin turns up on WWF TV in a couple of weeks.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Circle909 is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 05:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Circle909 Find more posts by Circle909 Add Circle909 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Circle909

Just to set the record straight (not that it really matters), but Stone Cold is not gone from WWE, he will NOT be on TV anymore, but they will not fire him for fear of him working for a rival company. Also, his wife will not be suing him for the beating he gave her over the weekend, although she should.

Stone Cold is an idiot....and that's the bottom line!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trojanrabbit is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 06:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for trojanrabbit Visit trojanrabbit's homepage! Find more posts by trojanrabbit Add trojanrabbit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trojanrabbit
Napping with Buddy

Maybe he's going to run for Governor of Minnesota.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/768786.asp

Don't ask for more than you can handle, you may get it. - The Great Gazoo

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsmeeker Find more posts by jsmeeker Add jsmeeker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

quote:
Originally posted by Circle909
Just to set the record straight (not that it really matters), but Stone Cold is not gone from WWE, he will NOT be on TV anymore, but they will not fire him for fear of him working for a rival company. Also, his wife will not be suing him for the beating he gave her over the weekend, although she should.

Stone Cold is an idiot....and that's the bottom line!

What rival company? Seriosuly, there really isn't a major rival. If he is not on TV, he is essentially gone. If I am a fan and don't ever see him, he's gone.

jsmeeker, you will live in a dark place someday....where they do not allow TiVo. -- nachonaco

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Circle909 is offline Old Post 06-20-2002 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Circle909 Find more posts by Circle909 Add Circle909 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Circle909

quote:
Originally posted by jsmeeker

What rival company? Seriosuly, there really isn't a major rival. If he is not on TV, he is essentially gone. If I am a fan and don't ever see him, he's gone.

Well, the only company the WWE are worried about (and really shouldn't be) is the TNA promotion that just started it's weekly PPVs this Wednesday. The WWE doesn't want to give that promotion any extra publicity by signing Stone Cold. The TNA already has enough WWE rejects (i.e. Jeff Jarrett, Buff Bagwell, Scott Hall, etc.) But Stone Cold would be a big name for that promotion and the WWE definitely doesn't want that to happen.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 05:01 AM
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

sure, but its not really wrong to say SCSA is gone from the WWE. We won't see him ever again (well, ever might be too stong of a word).

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdupont_2000 is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdupont_2000 Find more posts by mdupont_2000 Add mdupont_2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdupont_2000

I pray to god this TNA promotion is successful. I hated Raw Monday night and I don't see how the Rock showing up a couple of weeks early is a big deal. Since McMahon bought WCW, the WWF(E) has been terrible, he definitely needs competition to keep his product entertaining.

AT&Tivo 118hr
Pioneer DVR-810H

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

phone1 is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phone1 Find more posts by phone1 Add phone1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phone1
?????????

quote:
Originally posted by trojanrabbit
Maybe he's going to run for Governor of Minnesota.
Actually, I think he and Jesse are going to start a new footbal league, the All Wrestlers Football League (AWFL).

Best Universal Remote (for the money - $18): OFA URC-6131

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Agent86 is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Agent86 Find more posts by Agent86 Add Agent86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Agent86

Well, they just re-hired Vince Russo into the creative department, so things are looking better.

- Agent 86

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Circle909 is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 12:45 AM
Circle909

quote:
Originally posted by Agent86
Well, they just re-hired Vince Russo into the creative department, so things are looking better.

- Agent 86

Depends on if we are getting the old WWF Vince Russo, or the WCW Vince Russo, cause Vince Russo sucked ass in WCW, I mean come on David Arquette as WCW Champion????

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hookbill is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hookbill Find more posts by hookbill Add hookbill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookbill
Advanced Member

If I didn't show up for work twice without calling, I would get fired too. I think I might get fired for doing it once.

A clause in all WWF contracts prevents anyone from jumping to another promotion while their contract is still active.

Stone Colds wife is not sueing him. A wife can't sue her husband. She may press charges on him at is alleged that he decided to do a little non promotional work about her head and back.

I wonder if old Steve McMichaels use to work her over too?

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 03:54 AM
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

sadly, I am losing my interest in the WWF. It started before SCSA left, but I do think Vince brought in a lot of garabage from the WCW. Only thing good from there that I like to see is Stacey Keebler. And I liked the return of Rick Flair. Wooooooooooo!! I watched that guy *way* back when he was in the local Dallas prmotion battiling the Von Erich boys week in and week out.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hookbill is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hookbill Find more posts by hookbill Add hookbill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookbill
Advanced Member

quote:
. It started before SCSA left, but I do think Vince brought in a lot of garabage from the WCW.

Garbage from WCW??? While WCW may not have had good story lines, they had excellent wrestlers, and Vince took most of the good ones. Jamie Noble and Shane Helms (the Hurricane) are great cruiser weights and Ray Mysterio is soon coming too. DDP is hurt and may be finished. Booker T is a great character, it's just taken WWE forever to realize that he is a baby face, not a heal.

The problem with the WWE is their story lines and lack of competion. We can only hope that either the XWF gets a TV deal or NWA-TNA goes over. I personally am not spending 9.95 a week (but I did find the first show promising). The WWA was a joke.

I don't care for watching someone puke (specially when I'm watching what I recorded during lunch) or seeing some guy pee on another guy. Disgusting does not make good ratings.

However, T&A does .

Last edited by hookbill on 06-22-2002 at 04:52 AM

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 05:48 AM
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

quote:
Originally posted by hookbill

. Booker T is a great character, it's just taken WWE forever to realize that he is a baby face, not a heal.

LOL! Sorry, but they aren't going to put the spin-r-rooni over on me. Dumbest move in the business. Worse than The Worm.

Can you dig it, Sucka?!?!?!

I still like Kurt Angle in the heel role. You would think they would push him as a face, beign an olympic hero and all, but he really got over as a heel. I like that.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Leon WIlkinson is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 12:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Leon WIlkinson Find more posts by Leon WIlkinson Add Leon WIlkinson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leon WIlkinson
Drink and be saved

quote:
sadly, I am losing my interest in the WWF. It started before SCSA left, but I do think Vince brought in a lot of garabage from the WCW. Only thing good from there that I like to see is Stacey Keebler. And I liked the return of Rick Flair. Wooooooooooo!! I watched that guy *way* back when he was in the local Dallas prmotion battling the Von Erich boys week in and week out.

WWE is just to big, There was to many people tring to play in the same big plot, It is starting to come around.

WWE needs to do some house cleaning, whose Bright IDEA was it to split the WWE in two groups! that just diluted the talent even more then having the 30+ under-card people in both RAW and Smack Down

Eric Bischoff would really had to of worked hard to drop the ball as bad as the WWE did in the first 6 months after the buy out.

I'm starting to see some interesting plots being formed.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hookbill is offline Old Post 06-23-2002 12:11 AM
hookbill
Advanced Member

quote:

LOL! Sorry, but they aren't going to put the spin-r-rooni over on me. Dumbest move in the business. Worse than The Worm.

Well, the spin a roonie thing is just something he has done for years. Blame Mark Madden for making a big deal about it. But I agree: hardly the "most electrifying move in wrestling".

I think RVD's got most of those down.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged