TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> 60 hour TiVo's for $150!? <<<

Pages (15): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
overnut is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for overnut Find more posts by overnut Add overnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
overnut

I just ordered one. It should be here on Mon or Tues.

As for Ch. 27: I don't know anything about this issue, but they can't possibly sell something that they know doesn't work on certain channels without informing the customer.

overnut

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mjh is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 09:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjh Visit mjh's homepage! Find more posts by mjh Add mjh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjh
Re: Member

Here are the details of the ch 27 prob. This problem shows up when you plug analog cable tv into your TiVo and tune your TiVo to channel 27. If you're using a cable set top box to tune your cable for you, and then sending that output to the TiVo, you're not going to see this problem. Only if you're using the tuner on the TiVo and tuning it to Ch. 27.

I hope, after you've got your box, you'll post whether or not you have the problem.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trojanrabbit is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 09:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for trojanrabbit Visit trojanrabbit's homepage! Find more posts by trojanrabbit Add trojanrabbit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trojanrabbit
Napping with Buddy

quote:
Originally posted by Crrink
I wonder if these refurbs still have the Ch. 27 problem?

If they have USB 1.1, then I'd say definitely, as that's the old motherboard.

Of course no serial option either.

edited out the 40 hour comment, forgot there were old 60 hours as well

Don't ask for more than you can handle, you may get it. - The Great Gazoo

Last edited by trojanrabbit on 01-10-2003 at 09:57 PM

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trojanrabbit is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for trojanrabbit Visit trojanrabbit's homepage! Find more posts by trojanrabbit Add trojanrabbit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trojanrabbit
Napping with Buddy

quote:
Originally posted by overnut
As for Ch. 27: I don't know anything about this issue, but they can't possibly sell something that they know doesn't work on certain channels without informing the customer.

If you have the problem, they tell you to get an amplifier.

Don't ask for more than you can handle, you may get it. - The Great Gazoo

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mag4750 is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mag4750 Visit mag4750's homepage! Find more posts by mag4750 Add mag4750 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mag4750

Question warranty

Someone posted that the Tivo warranty was only 90 days. Their website says thay have a 1 year parts and exchange warranty. I assume this is true and that the Tivo service would go with the exchanged unit within that year.

I am new to the forum and am in the process of trying to figure out what DVR to purchase.

Thanks,
Mike

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Leon WIlkinson is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Leon WIlkinson Find more posts by Leon WIlkinson Add Leon WIlkinson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leon WIlkinson
Drink and be saved

quote:
Originally posted by gleffler
I'd ask for official clarification from TiVo before sending in that rebate coupon -- it says right on it that it's not valid on "refurbished, ..." units -- so their web site says you can use it, but the coupon says you can't. Which is correct?

/gleffler

TiVo Certified Factory Renewed Unit
All "renewed" units sold by TiVo carry the full TiVo warranty applicable to the specific unit and are eligible for all rebates applicable to the specific unit.

If you have any questions regarding a "renewed" TiVo unit please call our Sales Center at 877-289-8486.

The difference is it is not a refurb it is a renewed unit.

So the serial# most likely stay the same.

Last edited by Leon WIlkinson on 01-10-2003 at 10:32 PM

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Crrink is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crrink Find more posts by Crrink Add Crrink to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crrink
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by overnut
I just ordered one. It should be here on Mon or Tues.

overnut

They can, and they do.

If you have the problem, their 'solution' is for you to incur the additional cost of adding a signal amplifier - by the way, an amplifier helps the problem, but does not solve it.

Nice, huh?

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

overnut is offline Old Post 01-10-2003 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for overnut Find more posts by overnut Add overnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
overnut

quote:
Originally posted by Crrink
They can, and they do.

If you have the problem, their 'solution' is for you to incur the additional cost of adding a signal amplifier - by the way, an amplifier helps the problem, but does not solve it.

Nice, huh?

Well, that blows. Luckily, I'm using a digital cable box so the problem won't affect me.

overnut

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kpaxis is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 12:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kpaxis Find more posts by kpaxis Add kpaxis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kpaxis

This offer is too good to pass up. I called them up and wanted to transfer my $99.00 yearly subscription fee to the new one. The CSR (not a Tivo employee) told me I would have to purchase a new plan: monthly or lifetime. I then talked to a Tivo CSR and they told me that I could transfer it.
Has anyone been able to transfer their plan to their new order?

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brit6 is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Brit6 Find more posts by Brit6 Add Brit6 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brit6
Canadian Proud

dang thats a good deal...wish u didnt have to sub em, or else i would have got one instead of a hdr312 series 1.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thehepcat is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thehepcat Find more posts by thehepcat Add thehepcat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thehepcat
MF'N Yankees

I just spoke to a rep...it is USB 1.1

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dkieva is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dkieva Find more posts by dkieva Add dkieva to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dkieva

sharing TV's/Home Media/Refurb

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on these matters...

I have a series 2 --60 hour unit with lifetime program. I want to have more capacity and want to be able to share what is recorded on other tv's in the house. Can I share from the one I have easily? I assume not if I want to be able to see the guide at any tv, then there is the wiring issue. So, this Home Media cocept arrives. Now, will that solve my issues? I have a wireless Lan in the house. Then I am thinking maybe this refurb series 2 fits in to my needs. Decided to add to the brain burden by buying an HDTV monitor and upgraded the cable to digital with HD and am wondering if there will be issues hooking up the Tivo to that and being able to record all except HD...

Anyone have some thoughts on these weighty issues?

Thanks!

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cubfan is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 07:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cubfan Visit Cubfan's homepage! Find more posts by Cubfan Add Cubfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cubfan

Do these have a single hard drive so they can be upgraded to mega-hours, or what? May be the time to upgrade my Series 1 unit, and put my old upgrade 14-hour on Ebay.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 07:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrianWJ Find more posts by BrianWJ Add BrianWJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrianWJ

Sheesh...everytime I call to try and order one of these things, I spend about twenty minutes on hold before I just give up.

Either they're incredibly busy over at the sales department or they only have one operator working.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SFGrimoire is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 08:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SFGrimoire Find more posts by SFGrimoire Add SFGrimoire to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFGrimoire
Channel Flipper

quote:
Originally posted by BrianWJ
Sheesh...everytime I call to try and order one of these things, I spend about twenty minutes on hold before I just give up.

I made it to just under 2 hours before I gave up. I would have left a call back number, but I'm at work and don't know when I'll make it home (anywhere 10 minutes to 2 more hours). Bah. They'll probably be sold out by the time I can call them back.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrianWJ Find more posts by BrianWJ Add BrianWJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrianWJ

quote:
They'll probably be sold out by the time I can call them back.

That's what I'm figuring as well.

I called in at about a quarter to nine and have been on hold now for nearly an hour. I know that the line closes at nine, but I don't know whether to keep holding or just wait for an operator.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 09:01 AM
BrianWJ

Well, I finally gave up for the evening. Looks like I'll be spending the morning on hold again. :-)

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pilotnh is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 11:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pilotnh Find more posts by pilotnh Add pilotnh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pilotnh

I got tired of holding so I hit the * key like they said, left a call back number and they actually called me back in less than 10 minutes!

The operator was very efficient and had my order placed in well under 5 minutes and my new- oops- renewed TiVo is on its way.

I just hope it wasn't previously owned by some voting-illiterate senior citizen from Florida causing me to record nothing but endless reruns of the Golden Girls

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bfernald is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bfernald Find more posts by bfernald Add bfernald to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bfernald

on hold, call back doesn't work

Wow, sat on hold last night for 3 hours.. and so far 1 hour this morning.. I don't get it... if anything tivo is going to be broke paying for all these long distance calls...

I tried pressing * for a call-back but nothing happens.. just goes back to the Yanni music on hold...

Somewhat disappointing... Tivo Sales support seems to suck...

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-11-2003 11:07 PM
BrianWJ

At last!

Called again this morning and used the 'call back' option.

It took an hour, but they called me back and promptly had my order placed and told me that the unit would be here in two to three business days.

I absolutely can not wait! :-)

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged