TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> 60 hour TiVo's for $150!? <<<

Pages (15): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JeffSand is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeffSand Find more posts by JeffSand Add JeffSand to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeffSand
Waiting for HMO

How did the callback button work?

I pressed the * button but it just continued playing music.

Do I press * and then enter my phone # or do I press * and wait for an operator to take my number..

Anyone else get in today?

Thanks
-Jeff

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dglazer is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dglazer Find more posts by dglazer Add dglazer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dglazer

I just ordered one - I was on hold for ~45 minutes, and the * button didn't work, but once I got an operator it was quick and easy.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrianWJ Find more posts by BrianWJ Add BrianWJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrianWJ

Guys, I think the trick is pressing the star button when the message is playing. I think that the announcer said something about that, but I'm not entirely certain. :-)

BTW, now I'm stressing again. They told me they would email me a receipt and it's been several hours and still nothing.

::deep breaths::

I must think calming thoughts: TiVo, TiVo, TiVo

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timmetro69 Find more posts by timmetro69 Add timmetro69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

It's important that you push * during the message telling you to hit it. I tried when the music was playing and it didn't work. If you do it during the recording about the callbacks, then it will work.

BTW - they called me back in under 10 minutes! Got me a new Tivo! (well, re-"new"ed!)

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeffSand is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeffSand Find more posts by JeffSand Add JeffSand to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeffSand
Waiting for HMO

I just got in and ordered two. The * button did not work, but eventually I got an operator and it was really quick.

I asked the rep if they were running out. She said they started with 1800 on Thursday and at this rate they will be sold out by Monday or Tuesday.

What a great deal. (She confirmed that the rebate will work)

-Jeff

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffspam is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffspam Find more posts by jeffspam Add jeffspam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffspam

I think there's a queue for the call-back option as well. If it's full, they won't let you leave your #, and you just go back to hold. I did leave my call back number about three hours ago, and I haven't heard anything back yet. It was my cell phone #, so I suppose if my service dropped for a few minutes I would have missed their call. Still, I hope they would at least leave a VM message -- "sorry we missed you... call us again later!"

I actually placed an order yesterday morning, but when I thought about the conversation I had, I never received an order number, and I haven't received an email with a tracking number (the rep told me the Tivo, and the email with a tracking numbers, would be sent out yesterday... I had called just after 9am). I'm nervous that something didn't process right, and that I might miss out on this. Stranger things have happened.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrianWJ Find more posts by BrianWJ Add BrianWJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrianWJ

Well, that makes two of us who haven't received confirmation emails.

Did anyone who ordered one of these units receive an email?

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PinballWiz is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PinballWiz Find more posts by PinballWiz Add PinballWiz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinballWiz

Thumbs up Confirmation Email

Just ordered two of them, after about an hour wait. Had the email about 90 seconds later.

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by BrianWJ
Well, that makes two of us who haven't received confirmation emails.

Did anyone who ordered one of these units receive an email?

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lachacg is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lachacg Find more posts by lachacg Add lachacg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lachacg
Go Giants!

I've got confirmation

I ordered first thing Friday morning. My email confirmation came about 5 minutes after my phone converstation ended.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

overnut is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for overnut Find more posts by overnut Add overnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
overnut

I ordered one yesterday, never rcv'd an email. I called back today and sure enough there was a problem, but it was mine (turns out my bank had two addresses for me so my card wouldn't verify using the address they had). I solved the problem and placed my order again. She gave me a confirmation number over the phone, but I still haven't rcv'd an email after about 3 hours.

It would have been nice if they had told be about the problem as well.

Oh well,
overnut

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffspam is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffspam Find more posts by jeffspam Add jeffspam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffspam

Three calls later (all I hung up on after 45mins each), I finally got through to a CSR who tells me that while my order shows that it's been placed, he still doesn't have an order number for me, nor has it been shipped, and there's no good reason why I still haven't received a confirmation email. I ordered at 9:15am on Friday (1/10) - far before the 2pm shipping cutoff.

It appears that others have ordered later than I did, yet have already received confirmation emails and perhaps tracking numbers. If you have ordered after 9:15am EST on Friday, and have received a confirmation email and/or tracking number, would you mind PMing me? If I'm right and my order was delayed, I'd like to bring this up to Tivo, Inc (not the 3rd party management company that they use for phone-sales and to fill orders). Perhaps they'd consider getting involved.

While my initial reaction was that there's not much this CSR can do for me, there's no reason why they shouldn't at least expidite my shipping. Oh well.

Jeff

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dig_duggler is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 02:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dig_duggler Find more posts by dig_duggler Add dig_duggler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dig_duggler
Tivo enthusiast

arghh

I recently got a series 1, sat on this deal for a few days convincing myself to do it, and now my indecision is going to cost me. I have been on hold for an hour, we'll see what happens, but these other posts make me pessimistic.
and i hate being asked to request a callback when i can't request a callback...

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeffSand is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 02:31 AM
JeffSand
Waiting for HMO

I made a callback and talked to a rep to get a confirmation number and ensure that my card went through.

I asked the rep about confirmation mails, she said it is hit and miss (they are slammed). She said some mails go out immediately and others may not go out until Monday so don't freak out. :-)

Now I am just tickled pink with two SERIES II machines on the way and an SVR-2000 going to my sister-in-law in Texas as a gift.

-----
Update --- Saturday, January 11th

Just got my confirmation #, The UPS # will b emailed come when it ships!
------
update --- Monday, January 13th.

Just got my confirmation that it has shipped from Salt Lake City Utah.

Last edited by JeffSand on 01-14-2003 at 09:18 AM

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dig_duggler is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dig_duggler Find more posts by dig_duggler Add dig_duggler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dig_duggler
Tivo enthusiast

whew got through. tivo series 2 is mine! she asked if we we're slamming then online. i said, um, no.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianWJ is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 05:36 AM
BrianWJ

Just received my confirmation email a few moments ago. I can finally relax and stop worrying. :-)

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Seattle is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 10:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Seattle Find more posts by Seattle Add Seattle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seattle

I called friday and did the call back option and they called right back and then sent me the Email.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tiptoe89 is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tiptoe89 Visit tiptoe89's homepage! Find more posts by tiptoe89 Add tiptoe89 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tiptoe89

I ordered Friday morning (1/10) after about 30 minutes on hold. Spent 5 minutes placing the order, received the confirmation 1 minute after hanging up!

Although I have a confirmation, I do not have an E-Mail with tracking info.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 12:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for timmetro69 Find more posts by timmetro69 Add timmetro69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

I got the confirmation very shortly after ordering on Thursday. I received a tracking email on Saturday with the shipping details. Looks like I'm scheduled for delivery (UPS Ground) on Tuesday.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bruce24 is offline Old Post 01-14-2003 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce24 Find more posts by Bruce24 Add Bruce24 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce24

Does anyone know if they still have any of the renewed boxes?

I tried calling a couple of times today. lots of waiting, did the call back, no call back. Tried it twice.

Thanks,
-Bruce

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

C_A_Jones is offline Old Post 01-14-2003 02:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for C_A_Jones Find more posts by C_A_Jones Add C_A_Jones to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C_A_Jones

I tried calling (using auto redial) for four hours on Friday, four hours on Saturday and coming up on four hours today (Monday).

Busy, busy busy! A few times I've gotten a ring, but no one answers and eventually a recording comes on informing me my call hasn't been answered, I will be disconnected, and I should try again later.

I guess it's time to admit defeat and bow to the sword!

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged