TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> 60 hour TiVo's for $150!? <<<

Pages (15): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 01:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timmetro69 Find more posts by timmetro69 Add timmetro69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

Cool Got it!!!

Just got mine via UPS!! Came in a standard brown cardboard box (rather than the standard retail box) w/ everything you'd expect. I'll have to wait till I get home to hook it up, but yeah! Think I'll stop and pick up a USB ethernet adapter on the way home, too.

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flyersfan is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flyersfan Find more posts by flyersfan Add flyersfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flyersfan

Re: Got it!!!

quote:
Originally posted by timmetro69
Just got mine via UPS!! Came in a standard brown cardboard box (rather than the standard retail box) w/ everything you'd expect. I'll have to wait till I get home to hook it up, but yeah! Think I'll stop and pick up a USB ethernet adapter on the way home, too.

Tim - what about the UPC? Is it on the box? Is there something in the box to send w/our rebate?

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timmetro69 Find more posts by timmetro69 Add timmetro69 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

Re: Got it!!!

quote:

I am curious about the lifetime subscription I ordered when I purchased the unit. The person who took the order said my card would be billed for the Tivo itself immediately (which it was), and the lifetime would be billed once the unit shipped and they knew its Tivo service number. I haven't been billed for the lifetime, and there wasn't any paperwork mentioning that I'd purchased it. Any thoughts?!?

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 01:27 AM
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

Re: Re: Got it!!!

quote:
Originally posted by flyersfan
Tim - what about the UPC? Is it on the box? Is there something in the box to send w/our rebate?

Good question. I'll yank it out of the box again and let you know. Don't see one on the outside, though.

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 01:35 AM
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

Re: Re: Re: Got it!!!

quote:
Good question. I'll yank it out of the box again and let you know. Don't see one on the outside, though.

Well, the Tivo, cables, etc. are actually in a slightly smaller box inside the shipping box. The inner box has a sticker on one end with the following:

----------------------------------
Tivo Model TCD140060
{bar code}

Tivo SKU: R1406B
{bar code}

Tivo Service: 140000xxxxxxxxxxxx
{bar code}

MFG Date Code: 03-Sep-02
{bar code}

Made in Mexico

The bar codes don't look like your standard UPC codes (they're about 3 inches wide by 3/4 inch high), but hopefully they'll work for the rebate. Other than that, I don't see any trace of a UPC inside the box.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Leon WIlkinson is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Leon WIlkinson Find more posts by Leon WIlkinson Add Leon WIlkinson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leon WIlkinson
Drink and be saved

quote:
Originally posted by chipsndip
For anyone still considering doing this, I advise you move quickly. I ordered one at 9am central time, and the sales rep said they only had 30 left.

-Sean (unlurking briefly)

Anyone else purchase around 10 am on 1/14 without a confirmation email?

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

toddwinkler is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for toddwinkler Find more posts by toddwinkler Add toddwinkler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwinkler

quote:
Originally posted by Leon WIlkinson

I oredered mine at 9:30am today and I received a confirmation email, but no shipping confirmation (they thought it would go out today)

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

akaias is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for akaias Find more posts by akaias Add akaias to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
akaias

quote:

I got through to a rep around 9:33 am and after asking a bunch of questions the order was placed around 940. I received the order confirmation email shortly after I hung up at 9:44. I have not received any shipping confirmations yet but was told it would go out today.

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timmetro69 is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 03:30 AM
timmetro69
Vegas Baby

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got it!!!

quote:
Well, the Tivo, cables, etc. are actually in a slightly smaller box inside the shipping box. The inner box has a sticker on one end with the following:

Tivo Model TCD140060
{bar code}

Tivo SKU: R1406B
{bar code}

Tivo Service: 140000xxxxxxxxxxxx
{bar code}

MFG Date Code: 03-Sep-02
{bar code}

Made in Mexico

The bar codes don't look like your standard UPC codes (they're about 3 inches wide by 3/4 inch high), but hopefully they'll work for the rebate. Other than that, I don't see any trace of a UPC inside the box.

Well, maybe this is the same box they normally ship in. Mine looks just like the box in the first picture on this page: http://www.9thtee.com/insideseries2tivo.htm

If it is the normal box, then I'd have to believe that the bar code would work for the rebate.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CorporateBob is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 05:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CorporateBob Find more posts by CorporateBob Add CorporateBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CorporateBob

I've been on hold for 3 hours!!!

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

akaias is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for akaias Find more posts by akaias Add akaias to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
akaias

Leon and toddwinkler: Just an update. I just called Tivo back to check on the shipping status (5:20pm, on hold for 34 minutes) and was told it did go out and got the tracking number. I told the rep I never got a shipping confirmation email and he said I probably wouldn't.

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

toddwinkler is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for toddwinkler Find more posts by toddwinkler Add toddwinkler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwinkler

Akais

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will get mine tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wakanya is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wakanya Find more posts by wakanya Add wakanya to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakanya

I also got the 60 hour TiVo.

But... Well, how can I start the TiVo?
My box is showing "Welcome. Powering Up..." for 30 minutes.
Hey guys, are there any secret commands to start the TiVo?

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

alansh is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alansh Visit alansh's homepage! Find more posts by alansh Add alansh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alansh

The PDF version of the rebate coupon says

quote:
*In lieu of the UPC code, you can include the original sticker cut from the packaging that has the 15-digit TiVo service number and corresponding bar code.

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dig_duggler is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dig_duggler Find more posts by dig_duggler Add dig_duggler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dig_duggler
Tivo enthusiast

activation

What are you guys doing about activation? they made you choose on the phone, but there was a note on my box saying call to activate. I just transfered service from my old series 1(I'm on the monthly until i get somemore income) on tivo.com. I'm hoping all the sudden I dont get charged for two tivos.

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

c3 is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for c3 Find more posts by c3 Add c3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c3
TiVoholic

quote:
Originally posted by wakanya
I also got the 60 hour TiVo.

But... Well, how can I start the TiVo?
My box is showing "Welcome. Powering Up..." for 30 minutes.
Hey guys, are there any secret commands to start the TiVo?

Try unplugging it for a minute and then plug it back in. If it still doesn't work, you may have to return it.

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wakanya is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 09:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wakanya Find more posts by wakanya Add wakanya to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakanya

Thank you, C3.

Well, I'm trying unplugging TiVo several times. After disconnecting/connecting TiVo with AC, it sometime displays "Welcome. Powering up..." and sometime displays blank screen. So far, it hasn't started yet.

Wow, that's something I was worried about...

I actually asked the telephone operator how renewed model is stable. He said renewed model could be better than new box because every renewed one has been carefully checked and damaged parts are replaced.

I'm deeply disappointed.

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

toddwinkler is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 09:04 AM
toddwinkler

I got my shipping confirmation email tonight after ordering today. That was pretty quick...

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

akaias is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 09:08 AM
akaias

I got my shipping confirmation at 8:32p.

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ted_b is offline Old Post 01-15-2003 09:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ted_b Find more posts by ted_b Add ted_b to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ted_b

quote:

I called today at 9:01am, put in a call back request after about 3 min. on the phone, and got a call back in 5 more minutes. I received a confirming email immediately at 9:14am, and just got a shipment confirmation about 9:30pm. Thanks to everyone for helping me avoid the rush of mid-day, and the heads-up on the callback process.

Ted_B

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged