TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DVD TiVo Units
>>> Best price/place to buy 4x DVD-R media ? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Montaño is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Montaño Visit Montaño's homepage! Find more posts by Montaño Add Montaño to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Montaño

Best price/place to buy 4x DVD-R media ?

I prefer the white top/ purple bottom disks, but this is not mandatory. Especially if the price is right

I purchased 100 disks a while back, and it's time to reload. Since I haven't shopped for these in a while, I figured I'd ask here first. I'd like to hear about shipping times aswell as prices. Also if the retailer takes Paypal. Again, not mandatory, just for information.

Thanks

1 Hughes HDVR2- 142 Hrs/HMO/Wireless Network- 8yr old daughter's

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jerobi is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 08:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jerobi Find more posts by jerobi Add jerobi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerobi
News/Deal Junkie

Amazon sells these 4x Memorex DVDRs for a decent no-rebates price. Free shipping too.

Memorex 4x DVD-R 25-Disc Spindle - $30 shipped
Memorex 4x DVD+R 25-Disc Spindle - $30 shipped

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Saturn is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 08:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Saturn Find more posts by Saturn Add Saturn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saturn
Headless again.

www.meritline.com

Ritek 4x DVD-R's are just over $1 a piece, free shipping, available in 25 packs and larger.

"You sir, are my hero." -scooterboy

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Platt is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Platt Find more posts by David Platt Add David Platt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Platt
Circa 1974

quote:
Originally posted by Saturn
www.meritline.com

Ritek 4x DVD-R's are just over $1 a piece, free shipping, available in 25 packs and larger.

And if you decide to go with the $100 100-spindle, don't forget to use the $5 off coupon: MX5OFF100. Brings the price down to $.95/disc.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gtrogue is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 09:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gtrogue Find more posts by gtrogue Add gtrogue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gtrogue
Enormous Member

I bought a spindle of these Ritek discs. Less than a buck a piece and they're printable. I've burned twenty or so so far without making any coasters and they all play in my SA DVD players.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Montaño is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 09:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Montaño Visit Montaño's homepage! Find more posts by Montaño Add Montaño to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Montaño

quote:
Originally posted by gtrogue
I bought a spindle of these Ritek discs. Less than a buck a piece and they're printable. I've burned twenty or so so far without making any coasters and they all play in my SA DVD players.

Those are exactly what I was looking for !! Thanks

1 Hughes HDVR2- 142 Hrs/HMO/Wireless Network- 8yr old daughter's

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tpfer is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 04:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tpfer Find more posts by Tpfer Add Tpfer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tpfer

best buy and staples both have 25 pack of TDK DVD+R 4X media on sale for $25.00 starting today.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

logic88 is offline Old Post 01-25-2004 05:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for logic88 Find more posts by logic88 Add logic88 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
logic88
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: Best price/place to buy 4x DVD-R media ?

quote:
Originally posted by montano
I prefer the white top/ purple bottom disks, but this is not mandatory. Especially if the price is right

I purchased 100 disks a while back, and it's time to reload. Since I haven't shopped for these in a while, I figured I'd ask here first. I'd like to hear about shipping times aswell as prices. Also if the retailer takes Paypal. Again, not mandatory, just for information.

Thanks

I like using 4X BeAll's from Meritline. They are printable all the way the spindle ring, unlike most printable DVDRs, which are printable only to the stack ring. This gives them more of a retail appearance since you can print much larger images onto the DVDR.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged