TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO-CallerID Possibility? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vasilemj is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vasilemj Find more posts by vasilemj Add vasilemj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vasilemj

HMO-CallerID Possibility?

Now that TiVo has made HMO free to all subscribers, what are the chances that they'll incorporate a CallerID feature into the TiVo Desktop Software for those of us who choose not to hack our TiVo's?

Vas

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

manielse is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for manielse Visit manielse's homepage! Find more posts by manielse Add manielse to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
manielse

Because all HMO features are "request based" and "menu driven" meaning that you need to use the remote control to use any HMO app, I don't think you'll get the results you're looking for. HMO APIs are very limiting at this point so we can't do things as cool as YAC (http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/yac) which interacts more at the Linux OS level of TiVo.

I've seen caller-id perl scripts out there that I could make "TiVo friendly" if you're using JavaHMO on a computer but unless you have a macro remote control, it would be quicker to get the phone. When the phone rings, you have to hit the TiVo button-Music-CallerId-Caller.GIF which to me is not pretty.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kindred is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 10:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kindred Find more posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kindred

Search on some of the hack sites and look for caller-id. I know I saw how to do it on some of my wanderings and thought it was done via a remote sequence. Don't keep your hopes up until you find it and see what it takes to get it going! Good luck

Jack

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sghogan is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sghogan Find more posts by sghogan Add sghogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sghogan

CallerID on HMO

I run Ascendis Caller ID http://www.ascendis.com/ software on my XP PC. It has a Tivo server feature that will display the caller ID info using HMO. I run standard Tivo server on one PC and CallerID Tivo server on another PC.
Note: This only displays caller ID info. Detection occurs on the PC.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdilorenzo is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdilorenzo Find more posts by kdilorenzo Add kdilorenzo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdilorenzo

Caller ID server Question

sghogan,

Can both the JavaHMO and Caller ID servers run at the same time in one Tivo?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sghogan is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sghogan Find more posts by sghogan Add sghogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sghogan

Caller ID server Question

I don't know about JavaHMO and CallerID but I do know that the standard TiVo server and CallerID can not. It appears that 2 TiVo Beacon's can't run on the same PC. One thing that I wanted to try and never did is to try 2 Tivo Servers on the same XP PC on 2 different disconnected UserID's

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdilorenzo is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdilorenzo Find more posts by kdilorenzo Add kdilorenzo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdilorenzo

Re: Caller ID server Question

quote:
Originally posted by sghogan
I don't know about JavaHMO and CallerID but I do know that the standard TiVo server and CallerID can not. It appears that 2 TiVo Beacon's can't run on the same PC. One thing that I wanted to try and never did is to try 2 Tivo Servers on the same XP PC on 2 different disconnected UserID's

OK, so if I run the caller ID server on another PC on my networked Tivo, it should work? Will the ID info pop up over live tv, or do you have to menu somewhere to get the info.

PS thanks for all the info on this.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sghogan is offline Old Post 06-21-2004 09:56 PM
sghogan

I would love it if the Caller ID would pop up but that would take changes on TiVo. It works the same as displaying photos using HMO. 3 items show up on the "Music and Photos" Tivo screen. You get Calls, Callers, and Categories. Calls will display all of your calls. I find it very useful for seeing who called while I have been out.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdilorenzo is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 03:20 AM
kdilorenzo

quote:
Originally posted by sghogan
I would love it if the Caller ID would pop up but that would take changes on TiVo. It works the same as displaying photos using HMO. 3 items show up on the "Music and Photos" Tivo screen. You get Calls, Callers, and Categories. Calls will display all of your calls. I find it very useful for seeing who called while I have been out.

Great! Off to by a caller ID modem.

Thanks again for the info!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged