TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Multi Service Discount in two locations? <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bierboy is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 08:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bierboy Find more posts by Bierboy Add Bierboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bierboy
TiVo or death

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoOpsMgr
Bierboy, I strongly disagree. I'll use a hypothetical example to illustrate my point.

Let's say that someone somehow cheats and makes a unit appear to be qualified for the discount when it really doesn't qualify. And let's say further (hypothetically) that TiVo's costs were about $7.00 per unit per month. TiVo may be willing to lose a nickel each month for a good customer who has more than one unit, in order to keep that customer happy. Because after all, we can make up that nickel loss on their $12.95 subscription. But, that doesn't mean that we'd be able to stay in business if everyone were to "cheat" and pay only $6.95 instead of $12.95.

Bottom line, if someone is able to cheat, they're ripping us off for the tune of $6 per month.

Let me know if our position here makes sense.

Thanks,
Stephen

When you look at the original post, THAT's what I am referriing to. There is no way TiVo is being denied its rightful revenue in that situation.

Comparison - I have a son who goes to college out of state. He's there eight months out of the year - home four months out of the year. Is he still an Illinois resident? Of course. Just because he goes to college out of state eight months of the year does not end his Illinois residency. I hope that makes sense, too.

Hitachi 51UWX20B - Samsung SIR-T151
40 Hour TiVo SA Series 2 - HMO w/D-Link DWL-122
CM 4221 - CM 9521A - Onkyo TX-SR601S - Denon DVM-1815
Polk RT 55 Mains - Polk CS 245i Center - Polk RT 25 Surrounds - Etymotic ER-6 Isolator Earphones
Harmony SST-659 -- Panamax MAX 4300

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Blonde is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Blonde Find more posts by Blonde Add Blonde to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blonde
VIP Member

Am I going to lose my discount because one of my units is still on dial-up, and the primary one is on broadband??? I'm planning to get the new one on broadband soon, but since it's downstairs it's going to be on the DSL instead of the cable. Is TiVo going to assume these are at different locations? Help???

Sony SVR3000 Series 2 - 200something hours

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kantonburg is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kantonburg Visit kantonburg's homepage! Find more posts by kantonburg Add kantonburg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kantonburg
TiVooViT

quote:
Originally posted by Blonde
Am I going to lose my discount because one of my units is still on dial-up, and the primary one is on broadband??? I'm planning to get the new one on broadband soon, but since it's downstairs it's going to be on the DSL instead of the cable. Is TiVo going to assume these are at different locations? Help???

This is the situation I'm in. I have a S1 on dialup currently. If I get another that one is going on broadband. How does this work?

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kantonburg is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kantonburg Visit kantonburg's homepage! Find more posts by kantonburg Add kantonburg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kantonburg
TiVooViT

Not to bump but I'd like someone from TiVo to answer the question I quoted above.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoOpsMgr is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoOpsMgr Visit TiVoOpsMgr's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoOpsMgr Add TiVoOpsMgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

Kantonburg, our system will definitely account for that situation. No worries.

While we're working to make the system flawless, I don't doubt that there are a couple of corner cases we may not have considered, so I think we'll start seeing a couple questions/issues here in the near future when messages start arriving at boxes that are not in compliance with the terms and conditions. Until you see a message on your box explaining what's wrong, you can enjoy $6.95 per month.

Best regards,
Stephen

NOTE: I prefer e-mail to Private Messages. Due to the volume of e-mail I receive, please try to go through normal channels or post your question on the forum BEFORE contacting me directly, if possible. Thanks!

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kantonburg is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:49 AM
kantonburg
TiVooViT

Thanks Stephen,

That $79 refurb suuuuuuuure looks tempting right about now

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

quote:

When you look at the original post, THAT's what I am referriing to. There is no way TiVo is being denied its rightful revenue in that situation.

Yes there is, as the units aren't at the same service address, which is what matters to Tivo Inc, not whom owns iw, where they call home, or where the.
Being their right is to 12.95 for the first Tivo at a service address, it would be
denying their right to at least part of that fee by attemting to use it under MUF at another service address.

quote:

Comparison - I have a son who goes to college out of state. He's there eight months out of the year - home four months out of the year. Is he still an Illinois resident? Of course. Just because he goes to college out of state eight months of the year does not end his Illinois residency. I hope that makes sense, too.

Yes, makes sense, except it doesn't matter one iota for the terms Tivo implemented for MUF, as his residence will not be at the same service address as "home" in Illinois is, hence disqualification for MUF.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged