TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Phone Support <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sheureka is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sheureka Find more posts by sheureka Add sheureka to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sheureka

Angry Phone Support

Has anyone had to call Tivo Service lately? I just called and spent about 5 minutes trying to get that computer to understand what my problem was (the tivo central website had told me to call the number because my remote scheduling wouldn't work). Anyway, I finally said I wanted to cancel my service - and got a technician to check to see what the problem was. There is NO WAY to get a live body without saying "cancel service". That's crazy. - sheureka

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

C Turner Joy is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for C Turner Joy Find more posts by C Turner Joy Add C Turner Joy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C Turner Joy

I found it infuriating at first too. The trick is to keep saying "live agent".

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

All you need to do when you get that error from tivo central is either

shut down and restart tivo

or

force a call to tivo

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sheureka is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sheureka Find more posts by sheureka Add sheureka to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sheureka

quote:
All you need to do when you get that error from tivo central is either shut down and restart tivo or force a call to tivo

I'd already tried both of those before I called - tech support says it's some kind of conflict with my cable provider, and should be cleared up by tomorrow. - sheureka

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

sheureka,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly refining the voice phone menu to make it simpler to use. We have had several major releases of the phone software this year in response to customer feedback. I will pass your experience on to the program manager in charge of the system.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

samo is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 09:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for samo Visit samo's homepage! Find more posts by samo Add samo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
samo

Bill, why don't you come up with a system that allows traditional "press one", "press two" along with the voice prompt? Don't you realize that you have customers such as myself who don't speak perfect English? If system doesn't recognize voice response for most callers who were born here, what is my chance to get anywhere? I don't have a problem with my TiVo, but just out of curiosity I tried to call your support line - no chance to get live agent or anything else with my accent. Fortunately I'm a long time TiVo user and have been member here for almost 5 years, so chances of me calling TiVo support for help are close to nothing. But if I was new user and needed support, I wouldn't put up with this garbage - I would just stop payment on my credit card.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ldc3000 is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ldc3000 Find more posts by ldc3000 Add ldc3000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ldc3000

The time you call is really important also. I called a few times and had to what between 20 and 30 minutes to speak to a live person, then just yesterday I called and someone picked up a minutes time. It almost scared me she answered so fast and she waas actually helpful. Sometimes I feel that some of the "live agents" don't know anymore than I do and are just reading their info directly from the Tivo site. Thats really upsetting after waiting for 30 minutes.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bicker is offline Old Post 06-27-2004 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bicker Visit bicker's homepage! Find more posts by bicker Add bicker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bicker

That's definitely the case. I called and tried to get the computer to understand what I needed, but gave up and started repeating Live Agent over-and-over again. The voice response system is a failure. It is a major source of dissatisfaction, and it hurts all of us that Tivo uses it, since it makes it much less likely that folks with stick with Tivo, and therefore much less likely that Tivo will survive. Beyond that, when I finally got to a live person, after waiting for about fifteen minutes, he put me on hold for five minutes and then came back to say that he didn't know how to help me, and had to transfer me to another tech. So he did so. Next thing I hear is a "your wait will be at least 20 minutes." That kind of treatment is going to chase people away from the service long-term. It is a shame that Tivo cannot carve out a viable, profitable niche. I'm not looking forward to going back to "the old way" of watching television, but it seems inevitable.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged