TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> The Second Greatest Story Ever Told: The 4th Annual Blue Moon Holiday <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 2 [3]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
arkham999 is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for arkham999 Visit arkham999's homepage! Find more posts by arkham999 Add arkham999 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkham999
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Will Cunningham

I am a fanatical fan of Buffy:TVS to the point that I was _literally_ prepared to quit a really good job rather than miss or even postpone seeing the season finale.

Dude, you're slightly nuts! I will admit to being a big "Buffy" fan too. Hell, I am even a sucker for the "Angel" spinoff now. Those two are (1) and (2) in my Season Pass Manager respectively (which has over 40 shows/wishlists in it now).

I came on to TiVo after 2.5 was out, so I didn't experience the rush of the new features. However, I'll be here when we get 3.0!

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Xaa is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xaa Find more posts by Xaa Add Xaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xaa
TiVo Forum Special Member

Deven,

I think many people feel as you do about auto pause when watching live. I beleive the reasoning behind the current implimentation is that plenty of users go to the menus during commercial breaks etc and thus Tivo decided not to implement the feature there. I could take it or leave it, so my vote would be to add it for those that really want it.

Xaa

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ov1Ture is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ov1Ture Find more posts by Ov1Ture Add Ov1Ture to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ov1Ture
Quasi-Evil

Season Pass Manager was another great step in TiVo history.
Then again, TiVo has changed TV watching for good.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rcrew is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rcrew Find more posts by Rcrew Add Rcrew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rcrew
TiVo Domo

Cool WOW!

That's a great story! I'm so new, I didn't know about it!

Happy Birthday! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know the skiing is going to be good this weekend!

As a potential TiVo customer, you read this forum, and see all the hype. You wonder about a TiVolution. And so many people saying their lives were changed, or at a minimum, they'll never watch TV the same way again. I read with honest skepticism.

THEN... I got my TiVos.... and I became a TRUE BELIEVER!!

My SO watched and said she'd never change, and didn't like it..... she's a tough case.....

Then shortly later, she was converted!

Rob

P.S. I can think of no better subject for my 500th post!

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

soundguy is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for soundguy Visit soundguy's homepage! Find more posts by soundguy Add soundguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
soundguy
TiVo Forum Special Member

Trust me, you don't really want a V.1.0 emulator...

My first machine had v.1.1 on it and for my money, the most limiting thing about it was that you could not have two sources. I.E. - if you had cable, you couldn't use the line input. If you had satellite on the line input, (this was pre-DTivo) you could not use the RF input for OTA locals.

An equally annoying problem was that all machines used the same remote code. If you wanted to use two Tivos in the same room, you had to put a piece of tape over the IR receiver on one of them and then 'talk' to the other one.

The sweet part of the early software versions is that lots of functions were done with scripts rather than binaries so you could hack into it and easily see how it worked. (well, provided you could hack Linux and read scripts...)

All you newbies & young'uns have it too easy these days.

Why, back in MY day...

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nrc is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nrc Visit nrc's homepage! Find more posts by nrc Add nrc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nrc
Cracker Soul

Wow. Hard to believe it's been 2 and a half years since my first unit. But now that I think about it, I'm having trouble remembering life without TiVo. I'm reduced to cliches. You guys rock. TiVo rules.

Who's anyone at all

-- Warren Zevon

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwerdna is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 01:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwerdna Find more posts by cwerdna Add cwerdna to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Thumbs up Tivo rocks!

Congrats Tivo! I love my Tivo and I'm probably one of the biggest advocates of it at my workplace. Some people think I'm nuts... but oh well. I wish I could convince them all to join the Tivolution!

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NFLnut is offline Old Post 03-30-2002 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NFLnut Find more posts by NFLnut Add NFLnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NFLnut
This Space For Rent

Is this the appropriate thread to ask:

When will we get 3.0 ?!

Congrats TiVo. You have truly TiVolutionized this household! I can't believe how nice it is to watch what I want: (a) when I want, (b) how I want, (c) if I want, (d) skip what I don't want, (e) back up and hear the stuff I missed because of years in a radio station control room with headphones has left my ears buzzing, (f) I can watch 5 football games at one time and do my own slo-mo/replays on any of them , (g) never miss a show because of changing schedules, (h) need I continue?

- Private First Class, TiVo Marine Corps

(2) Philips DSR6000R (1 x 149 hrs, 1 x 108 hrs)
(1) Philips HDR31201 (1 x 30 hrs)

HTTR!

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged