TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> streaming radio through TiVo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Keith_R90210 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Keith_R90210 Find more posts by Keith_R90210 Add Keith_R90210 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keith_R90210

streaming radio through TiVo

Hey all, one thing, I'd really like to do w/ my new HMO features is streaming radio. I'm aware that JavaHMO has Shoutcast and can do this but I tried it with mixed success.

I really don't want to use Streamcast anyway; rather what I'm thinking of is a particular station that I listen to when I'm down in Miami called Power96. Power96 does a internet stream on their website which works great for computer listening but I'd like to try and take that into my living room through TiVo HMO so I can listen to it on my main stereo and not be confined to my computer.

Can this be done?Has anyone here developed a plugin or tool to do this? could I configure JavaHMO to do this? how can I accomplish this? thanks.

-Keith-

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Keith_R90210 is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Keith_R90210 Find more posts by Keith_R90210 Add Keith_R90210 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keith_R90210

Is there no way to do this?

-Keith-

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

windracer is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 06:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for windracer Find more posts by windracer Add windracer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
windracer
a!&#^d NO CARRIER

If you use Linux, you can use byRequest, which supports streams (and XM radio). From the ANNOUNCE file:

quote:
MP3 internet radio streams can be played, if the URL goes directly to the MP3 stream (e.g., no redirection), and no extra authentication is needed.

You can get byRequest from SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/byrequest/

Current universal remote: Magnavox PMDVR8 - best budget URC I have used (under $30!)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

michang5 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for michang5 Find more posts by michang5 Add michang5 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michang5

iTunes?

I'm on a Mac using iTunes. I'm assuming the same tip will work for Windows iTunes...

Create a playlist. Click on the Radio Stations icon. Bring up the list of streams according to genre. Find the stream you want and drag the icon to your newly created playlist. Repeat as desired. Quit iTunes.

From the Tivo, just select your new playlist. The stream will play as if it were a regular MP3.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Keith_R90210 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:42 AM
Keith_R90210

quote:
I'm on a Mac using iTunes. I'm assuming the same tip will work for Windows iTunes...

Create a playlist. Click on the Radio Stations icon. Bring up the list of streams according to genre. Find the stream you want and drag the icon to your newly created playlist. Repeat as desired. Quit iTunes.

From the Tivo, just select your new playlist. The stream will play as if it were a regular MP3.

The Itunes route looks like it will be right for me. The only problem I'm having is that I can't find the URL of Power96's stream so I can't input it into Itunes and tell it to find it and stream it.

-Keith-

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

Re: streaming radio through TiVo

quote:
Originally posted by Keith_R90210
Hey all, one thing, I'd really like to do w/ my new HMO features is streaming radio. I'm aware that JavaHMO has Shoutcast and can do this but I tried it with mixed success.

I really don't want to use Streamcast anyway; rather what I'm thinking of is a particular station that I listen to when I'm down in Miami called Power96. Power96 does a internet stream on their website which works great for computer listening but I'd like to try and take that into my living room through TiVo HMO so I can listen to it on my main stereo and not be confined to my computer.

Can this be done?Has anyone here developed a plugin or tool to do this? could I configure JavaHMO to do this? how can I accomplish this? thanks.

JavaHMO does allow you to create your own playlists of streaming stations:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/docu....html#playlists

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged