TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Whose Line is it Anyway? is back! <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for usrbingeek Visit usrbingeek's homepage! Find more posts by usrbingeek Add usrbingeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
usrbingeek
Digital:Snot

Whose Line is it Anyway? is back!

I'm so stoked about this, ABC is bringing back Whose line starting today at 8:00pm.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/whoseline/index.html

Also for an alert, so far my Tivo's dont show anything about whose line being on, so my season pass didn't catch anything. I had to set a manual recording for some Remarkable Journey show.

Google is your friend. Learn to use it wisely.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

Unfortunately, these are reruns.

Also, for some reason, the first episode tonight is listed as being one of the episodes from the British series. Weird. Maybe ABC obtained the rights to air 'em.

Come voice your opinion on hotel selection.. it's important, and it matters!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tigger is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tigger Find more posts by tigger Add tigger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tigger

quote:
Originally posted by Skittles
Unfortunately, these are reruns.

Are you sure? I thought I read that these were ones that were taped awhile back but that had never been shown (kinda like the Drew Carey episodes currently showing)?

Tig

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 07:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Originally posted by tigger
Are you sure? I thought I read that these were ones that were taped awhile back but that had never been shown (kinda like the Drew Carey episodes currently showing)?

Tig

I looked at the guide data for tonight's pair of episodes, and next week's shows, and all 4 episodes are reruns.

I'm seriously hoping ABC has some 'new' episodes to show, though. Even without Wayne Brady, the show would still be funny.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoGeezer is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoGeezer Visit TivoGeezer's homepage! Find more posts by TivoGeezer Add TivoGeezer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoGeezer
Happy Geezer Year!

quote:
Originally posted by Skittles
Even without Wayne Brady, the show would still be funny.
If Ryan Stiles and Colin Mockery are on it, it will have to be a hoot.

One person's "quality TV" is another's "there's nothing on".

PM me your current email address for a Gmail invite.
Happy Tivo Owner since October, 2000
"I'm a sig-fodder whore." - scottjf8
"I'm a lazy asshat!" - montag
"For a small fee- I will be your own personal snipe" - scubagal
Don't be misled
Please don't ask about FSI or dual tuner SA TiVo!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AaronD is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AaronD Find more posts by AaronD Add AaronD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AaronD

Isn't he coming out with Drew Carey's Green Screen Show sometime soon? I hear it will have a lot of the cast from The Drew Carey Show, plus Colin and others. Hopefully it will be as good as Whose Line.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 08:25 PM
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

Yeah, that's due out on the WB sometime this Fall, IIRC.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rgr is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 05:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rgr Find more posts by rgr Add rgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rgr

Thought I saw an ad during last night's Drew Carey show saying that the 8:00 showing of WLITA would be all new. The rerun at 8:30 is the one with Richard Simmons (according to the ABC site), which was hilarious.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for usrbingeek Visit usrbingeek's homepage! Find more posts by usrbingeek Add usrbingeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
usrbingeek

Ya that's where I originally saw it, said season premiere. Suppose to be season 6 starting, but they were prerecorded. Looks like they're doing the same thing that their doing with the new Drew Carey episodes.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:06 AM
usrbingeek

Well, my ABC affiliate is showing some show called the remarkable journey instead of whose line. Thought it might of been a guide error, but guess not.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronw is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronw Find more posts by aaronw Add aaronw to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronw

8:30 show came on, and it was richard simmons. Looking back at the guide, it does have whose line at 8:00, but the date says 1995 on it. My SP didn't get that one either, but it did get the 8:30 one. Maybe the 1995 one is from the british show and it has a separate show ID?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrcoaster is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrcoaster Find more posts by mrcoaster Add mrcoaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

I saw that it was back on ABC as I gave a SP to Who's Line reruns on Family just to relive some of those again. I must have canceled the 8 p.m. ep, as it didn't record. I did get the 8:30 ep though.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:33 AM
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

The 8:00 show was tagged as one of the British airings, even though it wasn't. I had to do a manual recording for it, since my SP didn't pick it up.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trainman is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for trainman Visit trainman's homepage! Find more posts by trainman Add trainman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trainman
Man of Trains

quote:
Originally posted by aaronw
Looking back at the guide, it does have whose line at 8:00, but the date says 1995 on it. My SP didn't get that one either, but it did get the 8:30 one. Maybe the 1995 one is from the british show and it has a separate show ID?

Sounds like the bane of TiVo's existence, insufficient guide data, which resulted in TiVo thinking it was the wrong version of "Whose Line." I am 100% sure ABC wouldn't be showing the British version.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

quote:
Originally posted by trainman
Sounds like the bane of TiVo's existence, insufficient guide data, which resulted in TiVo thinking it was the wrong version of "Whose Line." I am 100% sure ABC wouldn't be showing the British version.

Yes, but the odd part was that it HAD guide data for an episode of the Channel 4 series.

The guide data reads "Comedy, Game Show (1995) Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, Josie Lawrence, Steve Frost (CC, Stereo)"

Normally, insufficient guide data would just indicate generic information... see all the complaints about The Daily Show over the years that would just list "The Daily Show (2003) Comedy, Interview, Talk Show." or something like that.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ladd Morse is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladd Morse Find more posts by Ladd Morse Add Ladd Morse to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladd Morse

None of our TiVos picked up the new episode at 8pm because the guide data says it was from 1995 and our Season Passes are for First Run Only. My wife's parents watched the show live and said it was definitely one that hasn't aired before.

Phooey!!!!

Not only did we miss a new show, but I'm really going to be roasted by my parents-in-law now because I've been telling them for years how great TiVo is. :-(

FWIW:
Next week's 8pm show (July 1) *IS* in the program guide as a new show...

313 hours Basic quality

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Platt is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Platt Find more posts by David Platt Add David Platt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Platt
Circa 1974

Wait a minute-- now I'm confused. With all the different information in this thread, I'm having a hard time keeping track. So the 8:00 episode was new?

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

suXor is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for suXor Find more posts by suXor Add suXor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suXor

quote:
Originally posted by David Platt
Wait a minute-- now I'm confused. With all the different information in this thread, I'm having a hard time keeping track. So the 8:00 episode was new?

According to my search on TIVO WEB PLUS, 07/01/2004 is a new episiode.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:12 PM
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Originally posted by David Platt
I believe it was. I can't say for certain, since I haven't watched Whose Line in a few years (curses, ABC, for scheduling this against W&G on Thursdays), but it was new to me.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rgr is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rgr Find more posts by rgr Add rgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rgr

Definitely new. Had a copyright date of 2003. so it was for either late the previous season or for last fall's season. I watched all the episodes for last season, so it must be new.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged